1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Watford game and Conte rumblings.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Oct 20, 2017.

1. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Also forgot to mention Gomez stepping outside the area when throwing the ball out at least twice although pissed myself when he wouldn't take the ball off the fan in the m h lower and when he finally reached out the fan rolled his hand out of reach

Bristol Blue likes this.
  2. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

That incident with our enlightened fellow Chels teasing Gomez was pure theatre. This might be at odds with what everyone else is writing but I thoroughly enjoyed the game yesterday. Watford came here to play football with wide and expansive football - full credit to them for that. Watford were doomed to defeat with the fresh legs of Willian, Zapacosta and Batman when they came on.

3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

no Watford were over complacent after 2nd goal and paid for that.
    that says a lot about Blues.

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Consensus of opinion on the Watford board is, the Deeney substitution changed the game. It probably did, allied to their back four tiring, and the fresh legs of our subs.

5. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Twatford threw all they had at us for 70 minutes. When Zapacosta, Willian, and Batman came on with fresh legs Twatford were doomed. That's the game I saw and that's what happened.

6. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

No they just run out of steam and there time wasting bit them on on
    The arse bit like your so called support.

7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Was a very good game, in contrast to the early kick off the week before (Pool v United which was dire as ****).
    Watford always give us a good game and they competed for 70 minutes, but finally ran out of steam.
    They were unlucky not to get something from the game though, they had plenty of chances.

Fabregas did okay....Cahill not so much, Alonso wasn't very good in the first half but improved.

Fabregas was far from our worst player though, none of them played excellently (Except Willian and Batman when they came on).

Once again Batman stepped up when called upon and provided goals. People are underestimating this guy, every time he has been called upon he has done the business.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Stan's post are getting more and more hilarious/ridiculous.

If anyone has a bad game, it's fabregas' fault!

Batman seems to do well from the bench but not so much when started (save for the cup games against lower league).

Bodinki likes this.
  9. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Has he always been like this?
    I forget.

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Pretty much. The first Chelsea fan I came across that turned on Jose in 2015 and the Mikel stuff was pretty ridiculous and OTT.

He's certainly taking it to higher levels the more he is questioned on it though. So I feel like I may be feeding the beast!!

11. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Our biggest failing is rolling the ball out to Cahill he is just not a back 3 player he's much better in a traditional centre half role and every team know to pressure him into panic passing . I like him and if he was replaced I think he would do really well at a club that plays that formation but let's hope he can come through with us and we stop putting him under pressure so often with short g kicks and throws

12. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I've been saying this for donkeys.

Cahill cannot play as one of the three either side as he is not comfortable on the ball so fully nullified that side of the field. Either stick him in the middle or dont play him at all.

Our 3 at the back system relies on the cbs either side to be comfortable.

Ive been saying batman is a great sub. Proper fox in the box. Reckon he is great in a 2.

On his own if we arent dominating the ball though you might as well be down to ten as he cannot hold the ball up for ****.

His movement in and around the box is good. His movement out of it is non existent and his touch away from the area is worse than lukakus

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

The problem is , he cost so much and takes a big salary ,but only seems able to contribute as a sub when the opponents are knackered in the last 15 mins. So far he has not shown the ability to do much to worry opponents early in matches, when the opposition are fresh and up for it. If he can make that step up ,he will be a cracker, but at the moment, he is not able to contribute enough to justify his being our #2 striker. Maybe we should loan him out so he gets more game time and finally see if he's got it or not ? Problem is his wages.

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

TBF we had 2 of the best strikers I have seen who could never do it when starting but were priceless in the last 20 mins, Solskjaer and Hernandez.
    Some players have the ability/football brain to sit and watch a match and see the openings they can exploit when they get their chance.

15. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Both great strikers, especially Solskjaer. Our problem, with Morata injured, suspended or in need of a rest, is we have only a bloke who's a last 20 minutes player to step in, so for 70 mins, we have a passenger !! Hopefully he can improve, because he has to or leave.

Diego likes this.
  16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Not sure he has to leave, with Morata up and running having someone to come on in the last 20 and make a difference is invaluable as I hinted with our two.

17. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bigger problem is current players don't accept being part players.

Every club can pay massive wage.

18. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

I think we are all over analysing this with Batsy and Morata. It's horses for courses for me, look at the opposition, depending on their defensive strengths and weaknesses play one or the other or both depending on how you rate the opposition. Batsy is beefing up and gets stronger every time he plays, he will be awesome and markedly better than Lukaku. Morata has amazing pace and is a sniper as well as a very good ball player. I have said it before but why not try them together in a cup match.

19. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Hope bats develops but he will need regular game time. Id be ecstatic if he gets good as he seems like a good player to have attitude wise.

If he stays as a super sub i don't mind paying him all that as super subs can make all the difference.

At the moment i wouldn't be happy to have him as our main striker unless we have decided this season really is a transitional one.

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Not sure thered any competition here. Morata is far better than bats.

I think they could look deadly in a 2 though. Who would you drop to accomodate that though?