1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford FC v Sunderland AFC - Saturday 28th September 2024 - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Sep 26, 2024 at 9:29 AM.

?

Your Prediction:

Poll closed Yesterday at 3:29 PM.
  1. Home win

7.4%
  2. Away win (SAFC)

70.4%
  3. Draw

22.2%
  1. Mackem74

Mackem74 Well-Known Member

All these managers that continually pick o9 can't all be wrong. He's a good player now..end of.

2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Been one of our best players this season and gets better every year. It's not questionable anymore whether he's good enough, the debate is who lines up alongside him.

LAMackem and Montysoptician like this.
  3. Prehab26

Prehab26 Well-Known Member

More than happy to concede that 09 has proved me wrong. Looks solid and as always, has that midfielder gift of moving with the ball.

LAMackem likes this.
  4. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

His passing range is very good, the cross field balls he pings to Roberts are very good!

I know people say he was the boo boy etc.. but I think he did used to make mistakes when first put into cb. Also because of him going through so many positions before cb it felt like he was filling in at first, this probably led to people wanting him replaced with a proper cb etc... but think it's fair to say now he is very reliable hardly ever makes a mistake or gets caught out (no more than anyone else in football!). He is now a cb and a very good one when you take in he also has a great passing range, a decent strike and is a class lad who would run through walls to win! Deserves his place, year after year be improves. Ultimate professional!

Oh and he saves dogs!

LAMackem and cumbrianmackem like this.
  5. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

I didn't mention how well he can carry it forward, add that to my list! :emoticon-0102-bigsm

6. Mackem74

Mackem74 Well-Known Member

Probably doesn't have the physical attributes and pace to be a top, top player but he's done great to be one of the first picks in a top championship side

7. TheBronzeBummer

TheBronzeBummer Well-Known Member

Neil is so wonderfully frustrating. Roberts was seemingly poor today, I really don't get why Mundle didn't take that freekick, I think the keeper was ****ting a brick thinking he had the ability to go both ways.

Midweek, I'd like to see Jobe shift into cdm a bit more, so we can see a different side of the midfield. We've got two cracking midfielders to come in, I'm hoping, Neil may be on borrowed time in that respect, so he needs a good couple of games.

We've made our home games seem a hard task for the away team so far, 6 points will be the perfect cure for dropping a point.

Montysoptician likes this.
  8. TheBronzeBummer

TheBronzeBummer Well-Known Member

Can I just lament about Le Bris;

I really hope he figures us out away from home! We've played two poor sides away from home and won, we've played two average sides who have beaten us. I think it's an experience thing with the manager, but I just wonder if there's ways he can exploit teams away by way of changing something or someone.

He didn't have the luxury today but I'd like to see him play Isidor, Mayenda and Mundle at some point.

9. LD19SAFC

LD19SAFC Well-Known Member

Just off the train at Durham and the lads were in first class, we were all aware of it

They got a heroes welcome off, it was surreal <laugh>

Onwards and upwards. HA’WAY THE LADS

sheepman likes this.
  10. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

Frustrating day but really think we are on the brink of something big. The talent we are bringing through is unreal Thought Watsons little cameo when he came on today was fabulous.

11. King Kareoke

King Kareoke Well-Known Member

Bloody hell RTG have a poll on Dan Neil. He was poor today but we still have to get behind him

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 0)

1. RokerStoker
  2. King Kareoke
  3. sheepman
  4. Kemer Rouge