1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Watford FC v Sunderland AFC – Saturday 17th September 2022 – KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Sep 16, 2022.

?

Your prediction:

Poll closed Sep 17, 2022.
  1. Home win

12.1%
  2. Away win (Safc)

48.5%
  3. Draw

39.4%
  1. King Kareoke

King Kareoke Well-Known Member

On a slightly sadder note I note that one of the moderators from over the road Graeme Beattie (AB22 Easy Tiger) has passed away - another MLF gone

2. Milton Nunez's Thong

Milton Nunez's Thong Well-Known Member

Of the top ten teams in the league, we've played all bar Blackburn and Burnley (and ourselves obviously). To be sitting in 5th is absolutely smashing.

3. young2077

young2077 Well-Known Member

We could have about another 6 or so points in the board too.

LAMackem likes this.
  4. steesafc

steesafc Well-Known Member

Buzzing for them all again today, same as I was Weds night.

For such a young squad their reaction to adversity is absolutely unquestionable, as they showed today in going 2-1 down after a long spell under pressure. We've had Dan Ballard get injured, QPRs keeper scoring at the death, Alex Neil leave, Ross Stewart get injured, Ellis Simms get injured and then fall behind today where lesser sides would have crumbled - yet we fight back and get a point. Over the moon for Jewison, a massive moment for him. Credit to Tony Mowbray, brave and bold with his changes and it impacted the game for us. Four great points this week on the road, fifth with a squad you feel will run through brick walls for us.

Whats not to like? Enjoy your weekend chaps.

5. Hudson92

Hudson92 Well-Known Member

This, they’re a ****ing resilient bunch for such a young squad, beyond proud of the lot of them, they embody the spirit of safc never felt more connected to a team since the Reid era

6. young2077

I think the team will start to get a reputation for being a dangerous attacking team. Pundits were loving that goal the other night and I think there will be more moments where pundits are saying look at this, its SAFC but look at what they are doing!

We have had a reputation of being ****e or a team that battled a few wins for years. League 1 is ****e level and nothing we did there would bring any attention but I doubt the lads could do what they are doing now in that league. Other teams would kick lumps out of them to stop it and get away with it! Now though how we are going about things will stand out.

I don't think I'm making much sense but you all know what I'm trying to say, apart from that one miserable ****er on here who loves to slip in to his same old Sunderland ****e as ever lines as soon as we concede.

Nothing same old about this team in the slightest. Not once have they let us or themselves down in the league this season.

7. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

We will be on Sky a ****load more times up to the end of the season that's for sure. Merson reckons we already have goal of the season. I expect a lot of disruption to the fixture list....

8. WorkyTicketFTM

WorkyTicketFTM Well-Known Member

Now that the match is well and truly over I can say it, because I didn’t want to comment on him mid-game as I’ve already cursed Ross Stewart by saying he never gets injured after beating Rotherham…

But where are people getting this idea that Joao Pedro should be a premier league player from? He was absolutely sh**e today. Watford fans and the mags were having a strange bromance about him when he was meant to be going there as if he’s world class. He’s got 11 goals and 5 assists in 46 championship appearances which is underwhelming, not to mention his piss poor season last year in the Prem but all of Watford were poor so you can’t blame him for that.

C Montgomery Burns and Young Ted like this.
  9. young2077

I saw that from Merson, he is a prime example. Probably has it ingrained in him that we are ****e! Even when we win its a hard fought win or the other team didn't turn up. But he is talking about how good of a team goal we scored.

I think Jewi and Clarke will have them all salivating soon. The touch they both have is ****ing sublime.

10. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

There were some pretty big social media accounts tweeting about that goal, that Sky one has over 11m followers alone. Plus with Jewis goal today the Costa Rican FA are going nuts about it with over 250k followers. It might not sound a big deal but the more people talk about us the higher our profile will go.
    The club twitter broke through 1m followers a few weeks back as well. It all helps.

11. WorkyTicketFTM

WorkyTicketFTM Well-Known Member

Which ones gonna be starting every week though? :emoticon-0112-wonde

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  12. young2077

Glad I don't have to make that decision <laugh>

Makemstine Roger and Gil T Azell like this.
  13. vic9

vic9 Well-Known Member

Spot on marra, and don’t forget Huggins as well, these young lad’s and a manager who believes in them, have got me thinking we could be on the verge of something special, and after 60 years of following them that’s saying something

14. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

What times the highlights show on?

15. Rhinos Legend

Rhinos Legend Well-Known Member

It started at 9pm and we were on first, you’ll catch it on plus 1hour

Chunksafc likes this.
  16. Rhinos Legend

Rhinos Legend Well-Known Member

17. Robref62

Robref62 Well-Known Member

Cant be arsed to trawl thru to see if anyones already posted it so....

18. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Mad to be buzzing about a draw but really happy with that. 15 points from 10 games. Extrapolated over a season, that gives us 69 points and 8th place.
    That would be an outstanding season

19. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Robertson and vic9 like this.
  20. TeamOfTalents

TeamOfTalents Well-Known Member

This season so far is nothing but fun

Gil T Azell, LAMackem and Hudson92 like this.