1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Was Barton right all along?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by TootingExcess, May 22, 2013.

1. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

With all these stories of mercenaries and lazy layabouts collecting large pay packets without turning up for training (literally) or matches (metaphorically); it got me thinking, was Barton right all along? Did he call it right by having a go at the overweight Adel? We all thought he was the cause of the dressing room rifts, but maybe he was just the messenger. After all he's not been here for a year and yet the dressing room is more riven than ever.

Could it be possible that Barton was only saying what alot of us have been thinking all season: that there are too many overpaid players just trousering the money and not playing with any heart. Maybe Barton's only crime* was being honest and telling things like they are? Calling out the wasters and Bosingwas to their faces, should he be maligned for that?

Is it time for a revision on "our" Joey?

(*Ok, the one man assault on Man City was another of his crimes)

2. Bush Rhino

Bush Rhino Well-Known Member

Some on here called it before Joey, but had the message been delivered with any semblance of integrity and fore-thought of action it may have been received as more than just another whinge.

little boy cried wolf. (remember the Newcastle debacle)

But yes we should play him, he has balls.

I Like balls.:police:

3. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Things would be even worse if he was here.

He and SWP were the start of our problems and he publicly admitted he only came here for the money so he was the very 1st mercenary.

4. elnino37

elnino37 Active Member

I personally feel that at the start of the season all the players we brought in were good players but all individuals. Nobody we signed really struck me as the sort of person who would handle the players in the training ground. Park Ji-Sung was our captain and I am probably not the only person who thinks he had no influence on the training pitch. Don't get me wrong, we have strong personalities in Hill and Derry, but I really don't think they commanded half as much respect as what Barton did.

I don't think Barton would have been the answer to all the problems, but I certainly feel some players would have benefited from having him around.

5. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Barton is a thug, there is no other word to describe him. I don't want him anywhere near my club.

6. Bush Rhino

So was Paddy Kenny, or was that chav?

7. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

When did Paddy stub out his cigar on someone's eye or beat someone ****less (spell checker suggests shirtless!!) outside a petrol station? I could go on.....

8. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

He may call it as he sees it but he is still a thug and a disruptive influence. Agree 100% with Roller.

9. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Deja vu. Did you cut and paste this from the original 2011 thread?

You are of course right.

10. Ezwoldo

Ezwoldo Member

I have been saying all season that we missed him and got slated I still stand by that, he would dig people out for not doing what they are paid vast sums of money to do so and maybe by doing this we would have got a few more points. The dressing room has been the problem all season and if he had been in there it may have served a purpose and got the slackers working harder to get the move they wanted, we will never know as hughesless got rid of him as soon as he could.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

The management has been the problem all season.

12. Ezwoldo

Ezwoldo Member

Well yes as the management got the players in so yes, but after a change of managers the problems are still the same so this leads me to believe the dressing room is the problem.

13. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

He certainly wasn't completely wrong was he...but he went about saying what he thinks in the wrong way. Twitter seems to only lead to miscommunication, and little snide remarks. He would have been far better to go out onto the pitch and shine by comparison to those he was criticising. Instead, he tweeted.

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

The managers job is to manage the players - improve their performance, motivation and morale. I quite agree that the vast majority of the squad are ****s, but a decent manager would have coaxed 40 points (10 wins and 10 draws out of 38 games, 4 points out of every 12, that's all it is) out of them. Any manager who would have to rely on Barton to sort out the dressing room should jack it in immediately.

15. rrrrrs

rrrrrs Well-Known Member

Barton is a media whore, loud mouth, scum bag all in 1 6ft pile ****!

16. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Hey tooting
    Yep, looks like he called this one spot on but that doesn't make him any less of a plank.

17. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Exactly right, one of the first rumours of cliques was of new and old (were the French speakers in there too or a late addition).

18. Flyer

Flyer Well-Known Member

Its split 3 ways now. old new and the frenchies.

Its not good to have so many frenchies as newcastle have proved, theyve got the same problem as us now.

19. TootingExcess

TootingExcess Well-Known Member

Hi Nuts, was throwing out a point of view. I would have kept him baggage and all prior to the City game, as he had stepped up his game post-Liverpool, but he's too much of a hand grenade. He will go off again eventually, and so I'd prefer to get him off our books, but think he might have called it right.

20. Bush Rhino

I don't want to defend joey or his actions, but Paddy always reminds me of caravan dwellers. and he got a ban for smoking cough syrup.