1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Warnock thinks summer signings are poo

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Bigchazqpr, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

2. KPDHoopster

KPDHoopster Well-Known Member

Very unhelpful ??

Or creates the situation for JFH to exceed expectations by getting those players playing better, and in fact helping JFH and getting those players trying harder to prove NW wrong.

And also helps JFH negotiate a bigger January kitty ??

3. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Slight over exaggeration in the OP, could be nothing more than Warnock going with players that he knows or has at least heard off before, you know the tried and tested route that was adopted by Redknapp beforehand.......

It's a long season and those that were signed will surely get game time at some stage as injuries and suspensions kick in.......

QPR Oslo likes this.
  4. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

I agree Tramore, Warnock has done just that - gone with the players he knows and fancies and, to be fair, they've done well. However, that doesn't get away from the fact that the subtext of that article is that he thinks a fair few of the new signings aren't up to it. If I was Luongo for instance, that would hurt me. of course it might spur a few on to do better like KPD says but still JFH's arrival should be doing that anyway i think.

5. Rod-nee

Rod-nee Active Member

So, he doesn't rate JET then?

6. w12diamondgeezer

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  7. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

It's a story but in context I agree with it. Most in here wanted new players remember also the club wanted to cut its cloth. Who would we attract then?

Ramsey has gone and with him his ideas Jimbo will want his own players and I expect a few to leave shortly

The boy at Swindon on loan is not good enough IMO
    Perch and PK not good enough
    Hall looks very good
    toszer in beige
    German lad no idea really

Hoilett looks very good and most on here wanted him gone

NW got it settled very quickly and if Jimbo changes that then by Jan the fickle will want him gone

I think we should be very pleased where we are in the league after NW has made us hard to beat

Get a better idea this time next week
    We get six points then we could get up automatically

But not with all our summer buys in the team IMO

8. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Is he wrong,i don't think so.When I think of Perch,Angella,Tozser and Gladwin,i think to myself what a bunch of useless tossers!Luongu,Chery and Polter have shown a modicum of ability,but nothing to rave about!

9. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

So could this be a slight dig at our dof...?

10. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

He hasnt had a good start has LF IMO

rangercol likes this.

11. Fourtyyearsofhurt(mostly)

Definitely a dig at SLF........I think NW deep down would have done a job til May if SLF had asked him....and probably got us in play offs at least.

Didley Squat likes this.
  12. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

Consider that at least half the players he signed turned out to be crocks of **** I don't think his judgment is one to take any notice of.

13. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

That's not fair imo...

If your talking about the players we signed before the start of our return to the prem then not really his fault. He had his targets but tango and cash would not buy due to selling our club.

Fernandez came in and made money available just before the start of that season. Yes most were crap but we were desperate and needed additions asap.

QPR Oslo, qprbeth and QPR999 like this.
  14. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Also judging by what I'm reading on this forum it seems most would agree with him anyway. Underwhelmed by most so far. I just hope Jimmy can improve things, time will tell!

QPR999 likes this.
  15. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I disagree with all of the above. It depends on what their expectation was.

We'll soon see.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  16. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

I think there is an awful lot of internal politics going on within the club at the moment and I would ignore anything any of them say. Judge for yourselves who is good enough etc at the end of the season. They all have their own agenda's.

17. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

The good thing is it appears Jimmy is his own man....all players have the chance to start again.
    I quietly optimistic..

What Colin did was get our limited, in numbers and ability, defenders playing well.
    If Jimmy holds onto that, and builds with the players in front...we could be getting somewhere..

We will have a much better idea a week today.

18. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Let him say what he wants to say, he deserves the respect! He's always done great for us and proved it again.

Lets not forget the farcical circus we were with all the Mercs under Sparky! Have you all really forgotten?

NW really only wants the best for us, and he's always have had biting words, that's been his way, honest Yorkshire speech like, he can't help it, but he's also very positive when we're doing well as well, so let him have his say. Nobody else is as outspoken as him, TF can't put two words together about where we are and what we're really doing, and nor can Les. So let NW kicks us in the backside from the outside, he's not even getting paid to do it, we need it.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  19. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

I think Gladwin will turn out a decent signing, Luongo and Jet are decent signings. The jury is out on Poulter and Chery. But I think overall, it was an ok bit of transfer business in the summer<cheers>

QPR Oslo likes this.
  20. Bigchazqpr

Bigchazqpr Active Member

for me you can't really judge any of those players based on the handful of games they've played for us. You might be right HJ, they may turn out to be pants, but at the moment as far as I'm concerned the jury is out until i'cw seen a lot more. Angella and Perch all came highly regarded. They haven't just suddenly turned ****e overnight. They are both suffering from dips in form i grant you. Luongo and Chery have both shown more than a modicum of ability. Polter i agree looks shady but again - he's only played 3 or 4 games how can we really tell? No need for too much madness in january i don't think.

cor blymie likes this.