1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Warnock a legend

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rodney1966, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Rodney1966

Rodney1966 Member

Regardless of what takes place, who is in charge or where we end up at the end of the season - Respect to Neil Warnock he gave it his best shot with a collection of players who were never going to set the world alight!! Simple fact is, you cannot play football in the premiership with a snail like defence - Challenge NW's tactics all you like, simple fact is with the defence we have you are left with very few options as to what system you can play.

Bottom line is club not ready for Premiership due to previous owners trying to rob every last penny of the of club - left us staring at relegation before we even started.

2. romneymarshranger

Well said Rodney

3. CernyBerny

CernyBerny New Member

No room for sentiment, his gone..

4. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Ferdinand is quick and Gabbidon is even quicker!!

5. RuislipRanger

RuislipRanger Member

Who bought our present defence???

6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

The Faurlin saga, the Goons, the scramble for signings after the takeover all conspired against Warnock. His luck was out at the crucial time and he's had to be a diplomat, a father-figure and generally deal with any number of short-straws. But for a few hours at the death on deadline day we might have had Bassong and Bellamy on board and a totally different scenario.

Perhaps the good first 12 games have conspired against him by raising false hopes, we all know that some of the players from last season just aren't up to it but he's had to use them with no alternative. When he does go I hope he's remembered as the manager who won the Championship (which we couldn't celebrate) from a relegation candidate start 14 months earlier and who this season gave us our most memorable win in recent memory against you-know-who.

Agreed, Neil Warnock, Rangers legend...

7. South Harrow

South Harrow Member

I'll excuse Warnock for everything if it wasn't he who signed Barton (and failed to control him) . Or was he a TF /Phil Beard signing who Warnock didn't really want ? Is there really a clause In Barton's contract that he will always be captain whatever - who agreed this ?

8. RuislipRanger

RuislipRanger Member

Totally with you about his achievments in the championship,but he is definately NOT a prem manager as regards signings,tatics,post match comments etc,etc.Thank you NW but your time is up.

9. Rodney1966

Rodney1966 Member

I am not technically sure about who brought who - The signings made by Warnock at the start of the season are lightyears ahead of what we finished last season with - Had the new players stayed fit then i am sure that the discussions on this board would be somewhat different as would the points total. That said, we are where we are and actions have to be taken, as confidence has now been lost - Doesnt mean we should all slate Warnock, we should be thankful for what he has given us "Premiership Football"..

10. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I'll always be grateful to NW for getting us up from the position we were in when he took over. But what are we supposed to do? Just accept that we are going down and do nothing?
    He doesn't seem to be able to get this squad of players playing and, on paper, it looks a stronger squad than many that are performing much better! Bad luck or bad management? Maybe a bit of both!!

11. Not Faurlin Around

Looks like he is a goner, 1/10 to be the next manager to be sacked. Normally no smoke without fire.

12. Renault Ranger

I will always remember last season but even then he was always saying we were not good enough to go up so that enabled the team to prove him wrong but this year saying we are just enjoying being here is detrimental to the players pschology.

I think he had his chance and it hasnt worked out as well as we would have all hoped in regards to teams performance not necessarily league position. I think the step up tactically caught NW by suprise and playing players out of position is never a good way to go but whats happened has happened and should he go I will toast his leaving with a respect he deserves.

13. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

Too ****ing right. Thank you.

Too ****ing right. Thank you.

Unfortunately too ****ing right as well.

14. Rodney1966

Rodney1966 Member

Fully agree - Not just all down to Warnock! I thank you all for your constructive and considered comments.. Top bloke and did his best for us, thats all you can ask of anyone... Now lets hope a new manager can get a few more of the players doing the same and perhaps we might just have a outside chance of staying up.......

15. BrixtonR

BrixtonR Well-Known Member

Mod / Bump.

16. FFS.73

FFS.73 Active Member

Cerny, regardless of Warnock being sacked, there is plenty of room for sentiment in this game. In fact sentiment and self delusion are what most fans, including myself, exist on. That's why I still revere players who have had no contact with my club for decades and believe that we will stay up and thrive. Think about it.

17. QPR17

QPR17 Member

Forever thankful to Neil! did wonders for our club! Rangers Legend!

18. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

If there wasn't room for sentiment, why would we remain faithful to the same team?

I'm definitely in the same boat as SB, I enjoyed Cookie scoring the other day and look out for Wild Thing at Wycombe. I was dumb struck when I passed Gerry Francis at Victoria station a few years ago, even though his purple jacket was shocking.

19. Grifter

Grifter Well-Known Member

20. Rodney1966

Rodney1966 Member

Disgusted - 40 years of supporting the R's "R.I.P" - thats me done...