1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Warky's Political Bollyx Thread

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by johnnywarksmoustache, Mar 30, 2015.

1. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Oh I'd LOVE Scotland to have their independence - one condition - they can't come back.

3. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

problem is, they will want their independence, but still want our NHS and our benefits.

4. johnnywarksmoustache

We are facing the very real scenario of a Government being formed by a party that has lost the popular vote in both Scotland and England being propped up by a Party that has absolutely no mandate in England but will still vote on English matters! This is just plain fooked up whichever way you look at it! <ok>

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
    KIO and Guru of Ipswich like this.
  5. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Then why are The Tories bulling up the SNP? It's a dangerous game they are playing.

6. johnnywarksmoustache

All Miliband has to do is to rule out any form of co-operation with the SNP <ok>

Guru of Ipswich likes this.
  7. Westlake33

" All Miliband has to do is to rule out any form of co-operation with the SNP "

He has on several occasions Warky - problem being, SNP are going to win a bucket load of seats and will definitely win the 3rd most by a long shot. UKIP will probably be the new Lib Dems, quite a high %%% but tonnes of 2nd/ 3rd places......

8. johnnywarksmoustache

Er... No he hasn't!

he has only ruled out a coalition but not a confidence and supply arrangement! <ok>

9. Westlake33

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31912786

Yes he has on several occasions Warky.

Do I believe him? No I don't!

I think it's VERY VERY likely to be Labour/ SNP now. Tory and Labour are going to get similar amounts of seats, sadly SNP are going to get miles more then Lib Dems/UKIP/Greens etc. I'm almost resigned to it now but hope not.......

10. Cruyff's Turn

Personally I have no problem whatsoever with the SNP. I find it quite ironic that given his handle JWM has such a fear/hatred of our friends up north. I would scrap Trident and spend the £100billion on the NHS.

11. johnnywarksmoustache

How can you support a party that has no electoral mandate in England deciding laws that wont effect them! <doh>

12. Westlake33

I have a massive issue with the SNP.

They wanted Scotland to be an independent country first off, now that hasn't happened SADLY due to the amount of seats they will win ( fair play to Scots actually ) they are likely to have a major say on government for the United Kingdom. Something doesn't add up there at all......!

The SNP are refusing to rule out Scotland going for their independence again, and are obviously going to seek improved terms for Scotland.

You want independence, now you haven't got it you want more........... Scotland, you are trying my patience...... They also cost the NHS one hell of a lot each year and would be financially screwed without England. Something they cannot fathom. They also hilariously thought they could keep the ££££ if they left, use the RAF/ Army, and thought they wouldn't have to pay for ta border to be introduced. You couldn't make it up.

You already charge English students the same as those from China or Brazil for instance, hardly a " United Kingdom " ..........

I hope to god the SNP have nothing to do with the next five years. Sadly, they are going to get upwards of 45 seats. With neither the Tories or Labour in my mind likely to win a majority, and with UKIP/ Lib Dems/ Greens never going to get anywhere near the massive amount of seats the SNP will win then I would say that puts the SNP in a very good position.

Hilariously when Farage says put the UK first, he gets labelled racist facist Adolf Hitler. When the Scot's want to put themselves first, people are out in force voting for them. For that, I actually salute you Scotland. We have a lot of very thick people in England.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  13. Cruyff's Turn

We are all in it together!

14. Guru of Ipswich

shame the SNP don't think like that!

15. johnnywarksmoustache

The New PM & Deputy PM...? <yikes>

please log in to view this image

16. Guru of Ipswich

Is the fat one the new PM?

Disclaimer - Can I call somebody fat nowadays and not get in trouble?

17. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

No, I am with you Nuggets, while we all agree passionately in supporting ITFC, come what may, we can disagree in our political beliefs and experiences. That is how it should be.

In essence, it is high time for a more caring, equal society, ensuring that the weakest and most vulnerable can have their say, and I am exceedingly tired of the Pigs in Trough Tory boys! And let no one lecture us on debt...Cameron et al increased the national borrowings last year! Spin Boy George failed all his targets. Equally, we are tired of the same old mantra that Labour caused the international banking crisis - listen to what the retired dep Gov Bank of England has to say!

Finally, many of us thought that Sturgeon and co were a breath of fresh air in the debates.....speaking up for normal people and keen to move away from the same tired old politics of Westminster. I knew and liked Jim Prior from Waveney - good old Tory, bit like Ken Clarke. He would turn in his grave at whats been happening to Britain last 5 years!

18. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Bollyx!

19. johnnywarksmoustache

Oh so I suppose we have to blame the banks for the financial mess left behind by every previous Labour Government in history! <doh>

KIO likes this.
  20. johnnywarksmoustache

Salmond is thinking "We can work with you Ed but your Balls will have to go!