1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WAR! What is it good for?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Treble, Feb 11, 2022.

1. PISKIE

PISKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yep this is what I remember from all of those school trips and boring Sundays as a kid visiting old castles.

I think they also used to chuck **** and piss down those holes too. Probs slightly preferable to burning oil or water I guess ….

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You said the same about the strikes a year ago ffs <laugh>

PISKIE and brb like this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

I'm glad you are keeping up then. :cheesy:

Funny though when an election comes round, people put all their morals and principles to one side. I support the Israeli's so it's not a problem for me, but if I was supporting the Palestinians, I certainly wouldn't be voting for the two main parties. It just seems to me that dead bodies don't seem to matter around Election times, that's how fooked up the human race is.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well if you're supporting the Israelis you're the last person to be talking about other ppl's morals and principles.

Anyway you just said plenty will not be voting for him so I guess they're sticking to their morals.

PISKIE and aberdude like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Anyway, i can't wait for @Sucky to receive his conscription letter, pure bantz that, even Spurly would give extra likes for that. While me and @Archers Road man the Dad's Army. :cheesy:

Saf likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

So all the dead kids no longer matter to you, this is what is so nuts about it - surely the answer is a party that would end all wars, regardless of domestics, but humans just pretend to care, when it comes to the crunch the dead no longer matter is my guess.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

How have you taken that from what I've just posted? <laugh>

PISKIE and aberdude like this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

I'm right though aint I?

When people go to the polling booths, will they be thinking of the Palestinian kids when they drop that vote, because from where I'm sitting, neither the Tories or Labour look like ending the madness, as we edge closer and closer to complete destruction of the human race. Over exaggerated a bit but the point remains.

9. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

He's been down the recruitment centre - applied for the LGBTQ+ Auxiliary Armchair Buoyant Blimp Brigade ... smashed it ... <laugh>

duggie2000 and brb like this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

I love how the word conscription sends everyone into a panic, I've seen these same narratives before, been trying to think when, might have been Falklands War.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

You're supporting Israel so what do you care if they want to end the madness?

I'm sure that to those who this matters, they won't be voting for them if their position or the situation, hasn't changed. We've even had Labour councillors resigning over it.

There'll be plenty calling out the Labour candidates when they come a knocking on their doorstep come the election. At the end of it, they're there to represent their constituents in parliament aren't they? And it's the one time the electorate can put pressure on the likes of Starmer or anyone to affect their position. Lets see what happens.

12. brb

brb CR250

Which was my whole point, and what I said and you quoted: 'Especially when it comes to door knocking and speaking to people who would have marched for Palestine' - so you just agreed with my position but got defensive about it, because it's the reality. Like ABE always says about not voting, but it will be interesting to see how many of those one million that took up the march of supporting Palestine, if it matters when it comes to door knocking by MP's, because from where I'm standing it makes them hypocrites if they vote for parties that support the war(s). Oh the MP's without doubt will put a spin on it, when on the street actually talking to the public. I've no problem with it either way, but at least I'm honest enough to say so.

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

PISKIE and Sucky like this.
  14. brb

brb CR250

I don't particularly agree with the Ukraine war, but it's their choice, while Putin just puts people though a meat grinder, the EU strut about with great words of defiance, which afterall is what conscription is about, dead young men for politician wins, but when it comes to the polls, people will still vote for their favourite party, that actively encourages it, for me it just shows how fooked up we all are.

15. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I'm not saying you're wrong, but kowtowing to the IDF is enough of a reason for Hamas to kill their own, they give about as much of a **** for the Palestinians as the IDF do. With a camera nearby, it's good PR.

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Defensive about what lol. We haven't had the GE yet mate. You've already made up your mind.

All I said was that it's a bit rich talking about other ppl's morals when you're supporting what Israel is doing.

PISKIE likes this.
  17. brb

brb CR250

Yeah I do support Israel and will continue to do so, sorry that's a problem for you.

Saf likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That is the go to excuse. Not yours and I appreciate you're only offering an alternative. But it's certainly Israel's, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they'll peddle.

The only problem is it's not an isolated incident. It's just the latest that will get a few minutes of airtime and will be forgotten.

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Support whatever butchery and mass murder you want mate. But yeh it's the ones calling for a ceasefire that lack the morals. Crazy world that.

PISKIE likes this.
  20. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

oh, I'm not saying they aren't doing it, killing each other for millenia for **** reasons. It's the camera, and the knowledge of the camera and interview moments before the sniper had, makes this one a bit dubious. I don't trust the narrative from either side, Hamas are full of **** and really only in it for the $$$, each dead Palestinian is a few extra dollars in the pot.

BobbyD, duggie2000, brb and 1 other person like this.