1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WAR! What is it good for?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Treble, Feb 11, 2022.

1. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

The one thing I don't like is Zelensky coming out with I told you so - just shut the fook up man for once.

NostradEmus likes this.
  3. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

We all hope he wasn't just testing Biden

brb likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

Part the problem in my head is I don't know how much I trust the Ukranians, we all know they want us to get involved. Sometimes Zelensky jabbers a bit too much for my liking.

BobbyD, NostradEmus, Treble and 2 others like this.
  5. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

He just another puppet......yanks been running the show in Ukraine since the civil war there............so just a lot of cock waving by the one percent scaring the world's population into another negative frequency.

"But I want you to know I can see through your mask"

6. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I don’t trust any of the players in this story; that means Putin, Zelenskyy, Biden, our own government, France, Poland, Latvia and Lithuania, any of them. They each have an agenda, and a peaceful solution doesn’t appear to be part of it for any of them.

7. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Sounds like the missiles were stray anti aircraft from Ukraine. Well that seems to be the story they will go with.

I've not really liked Zelensky from the start. He gets a billion worth of aid and he immediately says its not enough. He gets tanks but says he wants aircraft. He gets missiles but says they aren't good enough etc etc.

Missiles strike Poland yesterday and he's straight on the telly saying Russia have attacked a NATO country and NATO should strike back.

Little **** stirring **** he is. Don't like the fella. I won't be watching the Paddington bear films again.

aberdude, Treble, brb and 2 others like this.
  8. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

To be fair, for anyone getting the **** bombed out of them or having a bigger neighbour invading them, nothing will be enough until the **** stops. The west has used countries like Ukraine as pawns, meddling in their affairs when it suits us, so its fair enough for them to expect that the least we can do is keep meddling and supporting now their lives are on the line.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2022
    Treble, brb, BobbyD and 1 other person like this.
  9. Archers Road

In that sense Zelenskyy is doing what any leader in his situation would do. But that doesn’t mean that NATO should fall in behind him, and conduct a proxy war with Russia in Ukraine. At this point, international efforts should be directed at a getting both sides to negotiat a peace settlement .

duggie2000, Treble and brb like this.
  10. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

I totally agree that is the ideal solution. However, I'm not sure it will work.

On the one hand you've got a horrific loss of life on both sides (with many of the Russian soldiers being just as innocent victims as anyone else). On the other hand you've got the long term situation that countries need to know they cannot just invade other countries for land grabs. They need to know the rest of the world won't just look the other way because war is horrible, allowing their actions to have no consequences.

brb likes this.

11. NostradEmus

Absolutely correct. Initially I liked Zelensky and I realise he is desperate.

He's just acting like the little kid in the playground trying to get two big kids to fight. He said yesterday that a Russian missile had hit NATO territory and NATO should respond. Now it sounds like it could be a missile sent from Ukraine. By his logic should NATO now attack Ukraine.

He's too quick to call for action. Maybe he should wait until the details have been discovered before calling for WWIII.

brb and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  12. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

He's acting like the little kid in the playground who has just had his ball stolen by one of the big kids and he is trying to get another big kid to get his ball back for him. It is his ball though, and the other big kid did promise him that if it was ever stolen he'd get his ball back for him.

brb and NostradEmus like this.
  13. NostradEmus

Yesterday he potentially hit another kid and blamed it on the bigger kid in order to get the other big kid to get his ball back. That's ****iness of the highest order.

brb, BobbyD, Lovearsenalcock and 2 others like this.
  14. Archers Road

Actions certainly have consequences, that’s pretty much a law of nature. It’s also a law of nature that such consequences are often unintentional, unpredictable, and uncontrollable. We are currently seeing the consequences of NATO’s actions since 1989, when it began it’s process of eastward expansion.

Solid_Air 2 and brb like this.
  15. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

In hindsight he was probably too quick to jump in and accuse Russia of firing the missile. However, to keep the analogy going, it's more like the other big kid was throwing punches and when he tried to jump out of the way he banged into the other big kid. It still wouldn't have happened without the initial aggression against him.

Yesterday they had the most missiles bearing down on them of any day in the war so far. They can't just sit back and let them land without trying to shoot them down. The fact that Russia is firing them so deep into Ukraine, and so close to other countries, makes this type of accident almost inevitable.

16. Joelinton's Right Foot

Forum Moderator

Would you have anything on the table as a negotiable for peace talks, or would you have Russia's withdrawal from all of the lands they have annexed as a non-negotiable? This isn't the first land grab Russia has made, and not all of them have been against the west. This is at least the fourth land grab Russia has made through aggressive military action. Each previous time they have been allowed to keep the land they have grabbed in Crimea, Donbas and Georgia. If they keep those lands, do we tell them that this is definitely their last chance (like we did the last two times) and at what point does it become ok to stand up to them?

duggie2000 likes this.
  17. NostradEmus

Agree. My gripe with Zelensky was how quick he was to try and start WWIII.

Other than that I completely agree with your post.

18. Archers Road

Russia has been making land grabs for 1000 years. In fact, Russia itself is the legacy of land grabs by Vikings who rowed down her rivers and established trading posts. One of the first cities established by the Russ (Rowers), was Kiev. The Russians literally built Kiev, but even Putin is probably now resigned to the fact that they aren’t getting that back.

As for Crimea and Donbass, Zelenskyy might have to resign himself to the possibility that Ukraine isn’t guaranteed to get them back. Especially as Russia already fought Turkey, Britain and France for access to Zevastopol in the 18th and 19th centuries.

brb likes this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

So cutting through the NATO bullshite this morning, it wasn't Russia. So sit down and shut up Zelensky.

Archers Road and NostradEmus like this.
  20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Or maybe it was a false flag? To bring in NATO.

Last time there was a false flag involving Poland, the UK was honoured to step in based on a treaty (much like NATO) and we ended up with World War 2. Just saying <whistle>

NostradEmus likes this.