1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Walsall game

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by greenhousmeadowman, Mar 11, 2018.

1. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

A workmanlike victory and what a joy it is to have any victory against Walsall. A nice start with some good flowing football though Walsall were the better side in the period before half-time. We reasserted second half and looked fairly comfortable even without the cushion of the second goal. Sadler MOTM for me, his calm presence and good reading of the game made up for sub-standard defensive performances from Hendrie and Nsiala (who is surely carrying an injury). Morris has a terrific work rate but we badly need some better input from Payne when he comes on as he looks bereft of confidence. Two tricky away games coming up but we have played better away than at home recently. Great to see Wigan dropping points and I would love to see them in the FA Cup semis (after a replay and extra time) as they look like they are being distracted by their cup run.

Matster likes this.
  2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Enjoyable game on Saturday. We lost out in places during the game but nowhere near as many times in previous matches. Some great footy by the team, but as you say Nsiala made a few errors and at some point could of caused us problems. Nolan is a cracking player but really needs to do some shooting practice in different situations as we need someone other than Morris and the wingers shooting.

Sadler was great in the game as was Ogogo and Rodman and Whalley.

3. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Wigan win in the week has upset our league position however promotion is in our hands as we have more games to play than Blackburn, and they have Kettle reffing in Saturday

4. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

Blackburn and Wigan's squads look so much stronger than ours when one or two injuries to key players could completely ruin our end to the season. We have great teamwork and togetherness but must realistically be third favourites for automatic promotion. Just ordered my Wembley ticket and , if we triumph there, it will make the season for me and anything else in the league (though that is obviously more important in the long run) will be a bonus.