1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wales V Spain

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Oct 11, 2018.

1. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Looking forward to this to see how the youngsters do and Giggsy's tactics, Shame Bale is not playing but even if he was i still think Spain will have too much skill in their side to win this.......Saying that these are the games Wales need if we are to improve as a nation...

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I just hope if we have any players involved in any internationals they don't get injured, as for the result I am not bothered.

55282 likes this.
  3. trundles left foot

John Hartson just called chris gunter, chris ****

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  4. trundles left foot

out of our depth

5. swanseaandproud

There is no way on this earth you can win games when you play most of the time back passing towards your own goal....Outclassed, out thought and very disappointing,,,,,,

6. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

Could not agree more, tactics first half were abysmal and the goals conceded were very soft.

7. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

We started off lumping the ball up to Sam Vokes, the ball would be lost and Spain came straight back at us. By the time we thought about playing football we were 3-0 down. Tonight was a huge step backwards.

8. trundles left foot

I don't mind losing to a better side, you have to accept it, but last night we looked totally disorganised, defensively we were all over the place and the players looked like they had never played together. I may get slated for this, but is Giggs showing what he is really all about and that being not very much or am I jumping the gun.

9. PGFWhite

We played great football against Ireland for which Giggs can take the credit, so i'm not sure why he reverted to a more direct approach against Spain. We probably showed them too much respect.

10. trundles left foot

What concerned me was how totally disorganised we looked, Lets not forget we were very poor against Denmark as well, I am not convinced that Giggs will get much time with the Welsh public, with his history or lack of as a player, if we continue to look poor he is sure to get some stick. Also that game should have been played at the Cardiff city stadium, that is where we have been playing and has become our home ground and that is where it should of stayed last night,

11. PGFWhite

I don't think Giggs is to blame for the match being played at the Millennium Stadium! I'd agree though, I don't particularly want to go back there to watch football.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  12. swanseaandproud

WHAT!!! Of course Giggs is to blame, He calls the shots...Hope he improves but somehow i doubt it...

13. PGFWhite

Ryan Giggs chooses where Wales play. Really?

14. swanseaandproud

What the hell as where we play got to do with it ? We were home in our national stadium ffs where we should play our games...

15. PGFWhite

There are plenty of Wales football fans who would disagree with you.

16. swanseaandproud

And agree with me too....

17. PGFWhite

I wouldn't know, I have only talked to the ones who attended the game <ok>

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Should never have played in the National Stadium, it was only a friendly game, better to have had the atmosphere of the Cardiff stadium, to many plastic party goers not really interested in footy filling the stadium, as for Giggs he was clearly out of his depth for this one and got everything wrong, shame as we could well have done better with a more positive plan, showed Spain far too much respect, one to forget...........<ok>

PGFWhite likes this.
  19. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Giggs out of his depth? He's building for the future and gave a number of youngsters more international experience. The game went exactly as I expected.

Our issue was that Vokes is too damn slow. We needed somebody up top to push the Spanish back line a further 20m up the pitch. Once the likes of Brooks came on, he gave us some much needed pace up top. Vokes also killed a lot of attacks by being offside a lot too.

Let's get some perspective here. Our players mostly play in the championship or ar subs/reserve team players. The youngsters will have learned a lot from the game.

Spain were magnificent first half. They are going to do that to a number of sides with far more experience than ours.

When Swans are flying likes this.
  20. swanseaandproud

I call us not hot but Warm and cold.....The goals we gave away were soft and easily preventable and Spain did not have to get out of training mode. Giggs was shown up by his opposite number tactical wise and its no good him saying we played well in the irish match because they are just as poor as us. Even if bale was playing it wouldn't have made a difference and Giggs needs to use all that vast knowledge he should have in his locker to better use.....A very poor game by all concerned with Wales.....3/10.