1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wales v Austria

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by PGFWhite, Sep 1, 2017.

1. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Bloody sold them all

2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

WE even spurned the opportunity to bring Joe back last season, for less than what we paid for Clucas............<ok>

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  3. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

If we beat Moldova on Tuesday and Ireland fail to beat Serbia, we go second.

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

And ROI still have to come to us.

Plus Joe will be back and fully rested. That could be a huge advantage for us.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  5. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Well as they say a game of two halves, what a debut performance and goal. We have to put Moldova to bed now and then we are in with a real shout. Great 2nd half and well Chris Coleman

6. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

<laugh>

7. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

8. When Swans are flying

When Swans are flying Well-Known Member

Well done to the team, we're still in the hunt!!

What a picture, pride, passion & sheer delight.

C'mon Wales..

PGFWhite likes this.
  9. When Swans are flying

Our National team have put Wales on the map. I've never been so proud to be a Welsh football supporter as I was in France last summer.
    Some of us are desperate for our country to qualify for a World Cup. Please try & let us enjoy it while it lasts. These times don't come round so often.

After all, I can still remember Jordan breaking our hearts in '77..

So what if they can be difficult to watch at times (Wales), those players represent our country with pride, we should be proud of their efforts. I for one as a Swans supporter, know what "bang average and totally boring and predictable to watch" is, that's been the Club I love, for most of my life...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  10. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Are you serious, that was a boring game with average looking players. Wales got away with one there. But a win is a win. If they beat Moldova have a chance of finishing second though I suspect we will end up in 3rd.

11. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Each to their own mate. I find international football in general, boring and just cant get excited over. Yes they did do the country proud in the euros and I enjoyed watching it which actually surprised me.

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the qualification. Give me the PL everyday.

12. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

You're right. International football can be boring. That's because most teams are of a reasonable standard, well organised and more often than not looking not to lose a game, rather than going out to win it. Even the smaller nations can have well organised defences to frustrate and shut out the big boys.

However, that does not take away the pride and passion of the fans. Last night was one of the greatest nights of any football match I have ever attended - and I have attended many in my time! The noise generated by the Welsh fans at the WHOLE Cardiff City Stadium (not just one area), especially during the last 15 minutes is something that I never expected to see at any sporting event and something that I was proud to be part of.

The football played by Wales may not have been pretty in the first half, but in the end it proved effective and has given the nation a huge lift. I've never seen so many people happy when leaving a football stadium and I'm sure that will carry on into the workplace on Monday morning.

Lets hope we can carry this through and qualify for Russia 2018 and the nation can go on another journey <ok>

13. When Swans are flying

"I've never seen so many people happy when leaving a football stadium and I'm sure that will carry on into the workplace on Monday morning.

Lets hope we can carry this through and qualify for Russia 2018 and the nation can go on another journey
    please log in to view this image
    "

That's what it was like leaving the games I attended in France last year. To be surrounded by your own country folk, so overwhelmed with joy during that tournament, will live with me forever & as I've told everyone who is prepared to listen ever since, they were my best experiences as a football fan by far, ever!!!

14. When Swans are flying

Lets be honest here, some of the 'tripe' matches turned up by some PL clubs (ours included), are in a 'league of their own' for mediocrity!!

15. When Swans are flying

Above all that, we have a new National hero.

All 17 years of him, bless...

16. Bob the slob

Bob the slob Well-Known Member

Watched the game on replay after seeing some comments about Wales' shocking passing ability. Have to say it was noticeable that Davies, Richards and Williams were almost unique in playing passes without taking four touches and ballooning the ball.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The game was nowhere near boring and a more exciting game with end to end play that kept fans on the edge of their seats.....I wish the Swans could be just as exciting sometimes...

DragonPhilljack and Stereo like this.
  18. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

The Belgium match is my best night ever in football. I even have goosebumps just thinking about it as I type this post.
    For me international football is more enjoyable than club football, simply because it's not about how much money you have.
    We as a country have been bollocks for so long, that it tastes all the more sweeter to have any success.
    Whether you enjoy it or not, Wales are in the best part of our history in football terms, just like the Swans, there's never really been a better time to be Wales and Swans fans - 7 seasons in the PL so far, and European football Championships Semi Finalists. How many people thought we'd ever see that ?
    The drug that I was fed during the Euros has left me addicted - I need to experience it again in the World Cup next year.
    COME ON WALES