1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Wales 0 v 1 Republic of Ireland

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Oct 7, 2017.

1. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Vitriol? I meant what I said and nothing has changed my mind. " Anti-Football won tonight. Let's hope Ireland get knocked out in the play offs because I don't want that **** on my telly next June."

It is not a case of sour grapes or being gutted. I was commenting on the "football" on show. I posted a thread a few weeks ago about Swansea City playing "Anti-Football" against Watford. Even though we lost, I said it was a great result, because the way we set up to play the game, with abysmally negative tactics was something I don't particularly want to watch. - https://www.not606.com/threads/that-was-a-great-result.353160/

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  2. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Not gutted...Robbed.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  3. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

Playing away against a better team would definitely be a factor there wouldn't it?, needing a win but not needing to go at it hammer and tongs payed off bigtime, there was every chance Ireland would have won in the Dublin game if Coleman never got injured(purely opinion)because it spoiled a good game, and every chance Wales would have won on monday if Joe wouldn't have gone off injured because Wales were so on top.

Yep Bale was out and that was a key factor, but like I said on monday, what we're Ireland supposed to do? roll over and not try at all?
    If Wales had been in a similar position I'm sure they wouldn't have minded playing ****e yet getting an important win.

Anyway, I wish the Swans and Wales well for the future.<ok>

4. Page_Moss_Kopite

Yeah, I know the feeling, Thierry Henry and all that.

5. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We dont blame the ROI as if we could get away with the decisions you did we would, It was the blatant way the Ref Refereed the match in an unfair manner....I will be supporting ROI in the playoffs....

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  6. Page_Moss_Kopite

I watched it town(Liverpool)in Lanigans pub, plenty of Welsh lads in there and no problems, just handshakes at the end, the way it should be.<ok>