1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Wagner gone

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Robbie BB, May 17, 2024.

1. Robbie BB

Robbie BB Well-Known Member

According to the BBC.

2. TigerKare

TigerKare Well-Known Member

3. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

F****ing good job. Need a Coach who can get the best the best out of youngsters next season and form a solid unit like our friends down the road.

ncgandy likes this.
  4. NorthCityCanary

NorthCityCanary Active Member

Are we expecting Arsenal's Carlos Cuesta? Might be a risk given a lack of managerial experience
    Someone out of the left field, e.g. Liam Rosenior, although he'd be expected to do better with us than achieved with Hull

5. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

Rumours Russ will get the bullet if Saints don't go up. Don't like sacking managers on a whim.

6. chinacanary

chinacanary Well-Known Member

Not sorry to see Wagner go..today was an awful watch. Good as Leeds were, we offered sweet FA in all areas. Rowe doesn't need mentors like Barnes to show him crappy ****housery, nor a manager that promotes such an approach. We had a centre back who has just caused a drunk driving accident, playing over the 2 legs. **** that for management and **** that for demonstrating an approach to our youth coming through of accountability. Clear out the old doofers who offer no identity and give the youth a go next season. Rant over!

zogean_king and ristac like this.
  7. Robbie BB

On a whim? You must be joking. Some of us could see this coming months ago: "It's surely obvious to everyone that Wagner is not the future.........." (Jan 14th on the How long do we give him? thread).

8. woodbine

woodbine Well-Known Member

That's 2 negative managers we've had in a row now. Just hope the next one is forward thinking, and likes to actually play football.

I commented on a Hernández post about missing the days when we used to try and win games, and he liked it. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

9. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

We can but live in hope.

10. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all his faults, I don't see not being able to bring on youngsters as being a particular one. Certainly did more than Smith ever did.

11. carrowcanario

And the first time we play on the front foot and lose our so called fans will be on his back. Fans only rant on about attacking focused football when it works. There's always plenty of know it alls that as soon as things don't work out, start ranting and raving about the need to be more defensive. Don't get me wrong I'm quiet a big fan of the 'We'll score 1 more than you approach', but I don't think the majority of our so called fans have got the stomach for it, they used to, but not now. Too much short termism for me.

12. carrowcanario

Some interesting and telling comments on the BBC article about Wagner's sacking. We are not and are not seen as the club we once were. We are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water and becoming just another also ran club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cpvg3kz91ngo

13. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cuesta from Arsenal is strongly rumoured.

If nothing else, I'm glad the sacking happened the moment the season ended. Gives us the best chance of finding the next coach before the transfer window opens and pre-season starts.

Has felt like the writing was on the wall, not surprised that this action was taken.

14. tricky1664

tricky1664 Active Member

The club had booked a holiday from today till Monday 20th for the players and their families. It got cancelled last night at about 10.30pm

15. Robbie BB

"We are not and are not seen as the club we once were. We are in danger of throwing the baby out with the bath water and becoming just another also ran club."
    Really? What exactly in the article says anything of the sort?

16. Puncturedtractortyre

Puncturedtractortyre Well-Known Member

It's in the comments underneath

carrowcanario likes this.
  17. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

Just having a read through after last night and wondered what the reaction would be to Wagner leaving. From teams I've watched this season I'd suggest Liam Rosenior is your man. Hull have been excellent to watch under his guidance. That was a strange sacking. Rosenior would get you back playing like you lot want imo.

18. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

I'm a Hull City season ticket holder and to be honest some of our home performances last season were a toss up between $hite or bloody awful...Losing at home to be likes of Swansea (who fair play to them, were good on the day), and Stoke (who were Stoke) and Watford (who were Watford), plus drawing 9 at home ensured we didn't get a playoff place. When it should have been a foregone conclusion. Be careful of what you wish for...Some iffy substitutions and no Plan B when things went tits-up. Also kept faith with players who were lacking form..

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    zogean_king, ristac and NostradEmus like this.
  19. carrowcanario

Who said that was mentioned in the article?

20. Robbie BB

Who would think that anyone in their right mind would take any notice of anything in the Comments?