1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Waghorn - Put your money where your mouth is.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Craigo, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Here’s a chance for everyone with opinions about the Waghorn signing to nail your colours to the mast now before he has even trained with us.
    NP obviously believes he can do a job for us and many people on here suggest they are better judges of players than him, so if you:
    A) Disagree with that decision say so now rather than claiming you knew he would be s**t after the luxury of seeing him play three or four games.
    B) Agree with NP’s choice tell us now so equally we will know where you stood later.
    C) Have no idea also let us know for the same reasons.
    To kick things off I’ll go for B because I think Waghorn is already a good young player and he will probably get a lot better.

2. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I would say B too, Waghorn is international class U19 & U21s so this should be the perfect situation for him to show everyone what he can do. Since he wasn't a "Sven" player he has his work cut out to make the Leicester team but this could benefit City in the short term.

The talent is clearly there & he perhaps hasn't ever been given a real chance to impress at Sunderland or Leicester.

3. Elmos_right_peg

im with you on that as i think NP will get the best from him and also with his goal for U-21 possibly goals that can only boost his confidence and be great for us but i do see the down side of him having to get used to a new squad/players so im not going say he going come out all guns blazing in first game but hey you never know he may well do! and you can hold me to this comment!

4. Geo's Ice Cream Van

Geo's Ice Cream Van Well-Known Member

B - Waghorn's gonna be a catalyst for our play-off push.

5. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

A. He'll be ****, but whoever's voted B will convince themselves he's brilliant.

6. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Id like to go on record for choosing category C. Iv'e only seen the goal for England u21's. There are good signs though.Despite not featuring for Lester,he still gets picked England. Sven clearly doesn't rate him(always the sign of a good player) . And most importantly,NP has re-signed him ! Nice thread !

7. doveston

doveston Active Member

hes not the player we needed.

8. tigercity

all hail the new Percy..

9. tigercity

I'll join you on saying on record I think our principle target should have been a CB.. but second was a striker.. and I won't judge him until he's played a few games..

10. blackcatsteve

blackcatsteve Well-Known Member

He never really got a chance for us, and when he did he got thrown in against Chelsea away by Keane, so not a lot of hope for a youngan to show what he can do, but we had to sell him to get Gyan in, and then he just seemed to fall by the wayside when sven took over, mind you he did get yakubu in which probably pushed him even further down the pack.

I think if he gets regular gametime, he will be great for you, but if he just gets sub appearances here and there, you probably wont see the best of him, players need game time and time to settle, just look at Welbeck for us last season, most were saying he is crap, get him out of the team for the 1st 7-8 games, by the end they were all clamouring for us to sign him permanent.

11. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

To be fair that wasn't the question.

12. Elmos_right_peg

why the negativity at least give the kid a chance first lol

13. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Whatever !

14. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

I'm a B, in big Nige I trust.

15. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I'll go for B. You don't represent your country unless you have real talent. That said, playing with young superstars isn't the same as busting a gut week in week out in a tough league. I'm sure he will do fine, but if he doesn't, I won't be down about it - we have him until January, so if he isn't the answer, we send him back and get somebody else in. Won't get as many as Matty Fryatt, but everybody down here thinks he will do well and don't want him to leave permanantly. An interesting one.

16. doveston

doveston Active Member

thing is so do did simpson.hes not the player we needed

17. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

As the question says - put your money where your mouth is. Are you A,B or C? Eveyone else has committed themselves so far.

18. doveston

doveston Active Member

A

19. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

ive never seen him play, im sure hes talented and could be ok if used correctly...however if hes stuck isolated 20 yards up the pitch from everybody else, while the midfield passes it across the line for 20 minutes..he wont get chance to show it..
    not everything is black and white, i dont think anybody has said all pearsons signings are ****, you cant argue with brady, or koren..
    what you can argue with is constantly playing koren in a position he looks uncomfortable ineffective, therefore if waghorn is a flop, it probably wont be due to lack of ability, but being fed on scraps.

20. mauled1904

mauled1904 Well-Known Member

I'd join in with option B, from what I've seen he's a real tidy player with a cracking left foot, he can't be all bad he was sold for £3M and that's before Sven bought everyone