1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Shrewsbury (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Jan 23, 2020.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

No drama
    Still in the draw so we can decide if want to try or not lol

2. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

always thought it is a better idea to play a complete U23 team rather than a mishmash team that is not used to playing together.

3. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I was out this afternoon. Got in the car to drive home, stick the radio on at 2-0 up and then it all went t1ts up. Sounded like we were really wobbling all over the place.....goes to show again that our squad depth is not so great....but it is good enough for Everton.

4. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

I can see why the trio played within themselves, only just back, they are not going to run themselves ragged and risk aggravating any injury.

Origi though was just like he used to be. Lazy wandering about with the occasional smack at goal. Really didn't do himself any favours.

Mini looks so far out of his depth its untrue. Obviously needs time to bed in, replay for him will prove beneficial.

I think once the second goal went in, everyone just thought it was done, the performance levels all over the pitch dropped and we just couldn't get them back when Shrewsbury decided they where going to really have a go.

quinneristops likes this.
  5. THE FOOL

I'd put a fair bit down to attitude rather than quality of player. A few didn't look arsed, some fresh back from injury.

6. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

interesting.....I can’t remember the last time anyone said that bout a Klopp team....I bet he was furious!

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Agreed. Never really got going and at 2-0 up they didn't think they needed to do any more

THE FOOL likes this.
  8. THE FOOL

He didn't look to happy, but in saying that its obvious the domestic cups aren't any where near important this year, so if hes not to bothered it's going to be hard to get some of the players motivated

9. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

If Lovren had been captain of the Titanic it would have sunk before leaving port <doh>

Taking nothing from Shrewsbury, it was a poor performance overall from us and there was no leadership at all from the senior players. Fabinho couldn't do a thing and we couldn't keep hold of the ball. We stank. Now we have an unnecessary bloody replay at Anfield.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  10. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

As bad as the result was, it could be a decent thing, we've been getting a little ahead of ourselves and this gives Klopp a chance to give the team a bit of a kick and remind them this is the kind of **** that happens when you get complacent.
    Should hopefully fire the squad up.

wishiwasinliverpool and Bumps like this.

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

This year? We've never got further than this stage under Klopp

Bumps likes this.
  12. wishiwasinliverpool

I'm amazed we haven't lost a match before now tbh. We've been riding our luck here and there and I thought Wolves were going to beat us the other night, we weren't great then, either, and that was with a full-strength side <doh>

By the way, it wasn't a penalty it was free kick they should've had

13. LuisDiazgamechanger

Since Jurgen Klopp arrived at Liverpool, he has never gone beyond 4th round of the FA, history almost repeated itself today. Who cares?. Winning the Premier League is our priority,

14. wishiwasinliverpool

I do. I want the FA Cup as well. Call me greedy if you like, but we did it in Paisley's day

LuisDiazgamechanger likes this.
  15. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

add that to the pen that we strangely weren't awarded in the first half .

Bumps and wishiwasinliverpool like this.
  16. THE FOOL

I was thinking more in the future we may be better equipped to take it a bit more seriously, rather than our attitude to it in the past.

Zanjinho likes this.
  17. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Lovren, Matip and Fabinho were the three worst players on the pitch. That lad at left back is pretty mediocre, and that's the worst I've seen Elliott play in any game so far.

But credit to Shrewsbury - had they taken their chances, and had Adrianne (sp) not been on top form (surely another Prem side in the lower half will be interested in him at the end of the season?), they deserved more. I do have to whine about the commentator though, even though I do accept that they should always side with the minnows. Had to laugh/grimace when the ball ricocheted off Fab's hand and the tosser said 'Well VAR would have been interested in that!' - the same VAR that would have given us a pen in the first half, and ruled theirs outside the box. That said, am I right in thinking he would have been sent off if was deemed outside the box?

wishiwasinliverpool likes this.
  18. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

I think if you don’t show enough respect to lower league teams in the cups you can get your @rse kicked and that very nearly happened today. We were much more up for the Everton game and to be fair to Shrewsbury, they could have won that and if they did, I don’t think we could complain

19. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Weird how VAR means we have the greatest lead in PL history but no VAR and we're back to dodgy decisions

PGMOL

20. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

I don't think it's a lack of respect. I've seen and heard a lot of post-game comments saying similar. I think it's more that Klopp doesn't give a **** about the FA cup when we're striding towards the PL and in the knockout stages of the CL. Imagine if he went full strength today or eve half strength and then Hendo is shattered for the Wham game or Bobby picks up a knock? He's prioritising as every good manager should.

The fact that we didn't win 4-0 today like City did shows more that our backups are simply 'bang average' who are elevated with the quality of the first XI rather than Klopp chose to disrespect Shrewsbury.