1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Newcastle (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Apr 19, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away loss

4. F$ck the ESL

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Sort it out then avatar by tomorrow or @Zanjinho will only allow you to post in 1 special thread that only you and Wishi are allowed in.

2. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

IPA bought game will soon be a distant memory.....<laugh><laugh>

luvgonzo likes this.
  3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's the sensible way to go. **** football.

Zorba likes this.
  4. moreinjuredthanowen

All the evidence says we fade after 45/50 mins and utd come on strong in every game later.

Not much to cheer me up there.

The reality now is 5 to go and 4 points ****ed down the drain that were easily available and there for the taking.

Right now everton can be ahead of us with their match in hand and at the very very best we are looking at other rivals for 4th 2 points ahead of us.

If we are not out if it by days end then the final nail in the coffin will be utd.

5. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

We don’t deserve CL football next season so I don’t care how our season ends up now. Can’t believe this team has bottled it so many times this season - we’ve dropped 15 points from goals conceded in the last 10 mins.

I don’t think it would have made too much of a difference but losing Fabinho in midfield twice in a week, and we drop points in both.

And the attack continues to squander chances but this is another example of why we miss VVD. I remember before he joined, we would all be bricking it when we had a lead and would go into the last 10 mins, or whenever we conceded a set piece! He came in and we would see games over the line and deal with all threats. Not only is he a great leader, but he’s a calming influence, organiser and a leader. I just hope he comes back to the same level.

Zanjinho likes this.
  6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I do. On both occasions we instantly dropped deeper as soon as Fabinho moved to CB. Why? Because (a) Fabinho is concerned about player's exploiting his lack of pace and (b) there was no protection in midfield meaning the opposition force us deeper too.

I think Klopp but it makes strange decisions when we're holding on to a lead. How often have we seen him take a attacker off to bring a third CB on? That's just inviting pressure.

Jimmy Squarefoot and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

He hauled off jota for milner and that "worked" but there really was zero pressure from the front men.

sapping to 433 wans't a bad idea but its all so passive and leaderless that it was almost inevitable form about 70mins to the end.

8. Jimmy Squarefoot

I agree that the Milner sub made us a lot more solid at the expense of chance creation. Might have made more sense to do it at 2-0 but can’t argue too much especially when Jota was awful.

Taking off a world class midfielder in Thiago, a guy who dominated the middle of the park, and is the master at keeping the ball, for Curtis Jones. That’s the decision that I couldn’t fathom.

9. Jimmy Squarefoot

Yeah true. And it can’t be a coincidence surely.

Let’s just hope Nat is fit again very soon.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

klopp has not one but two fit cbs and is making the same mistake again as he did.

no trust in phillips so plays anyone including henderson and fabinho and knackering them then when he has no option the guy proves he is well capable.

Now phillips has a hamstring injury but klopp wont trust the other two fit CBS LOL

klopp needs to get some perspective here. I think he's lost the plot personally. needs to take a good long look voer june at himself while he has a holiday and from july 1 needs to start from scratch.

He cannot act like his group is his group and can't be changed. no manager should every do that for more than 3 years or so. Klopp is too loyal and not seeing the issues

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

You’re not wrong. There are too many fringe players that Klopp simply does not trust, and it’s leading to overplaying his trusted players.

we need to get rid of said players and reinvest in the squad. He has been persisting with the 433 and the high line when we simply don’t have the personnel at this moment in time.

Klopp has been as bad as the players this season. Let’s refresh and we go again next season

12. Jimmy Squarefoot

Liverpool won only 64% of games in which they've gone 1-0 up this season.

Last season they won 93% of games in which they scored first and 89% in 2018/19.

This season: Liverpool have gone 1-0 up 18 times, but only managed to go 2-0 up eight times. Nine times, they've conceded the next goal for 1-1.

19/20: Went 1-0 up on 28 occasions, made it 2-0 19 times.

18/19: Went 1-0 up on 28 occasions, made it 2-0 16 times.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh>

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  14. moreinjuredthanowen

There are clear patterns within the games.

if we look at what Klopp did with tactics earlier in the season you would see jones running about first half then a swap of the player pressing with the front 3 for example wijnaldum wuold "come alive" second half which really just meant run about a bit.

This suggests that klopp could see the side's fitness was not where it needed to be.

In general we have started slow, we had a repeating pattern of criticism from our friends carragher and rat face. why are LFc starting slow slowly, where is the intenstity etc etc.

We in general have "rarely" score later in games. the spurs and villa games were exceptions where in generla the opposite have been occuring.

We have heard from klopp time and again about our back line dropping deeper as halfs go on but actually we are seeing sides easily walk through us. a prime exmaple is the leeds game. Honestly i thought leeds to do for us but they were absolutely cut up by us first half but the second we walked out i nthe second half trent never corssed the half way line and firmino and mane stopped any sort of press. literally none.

IMO the defenders are either pushing up following the lead or dropping off as they have nothign to take a lead from.

The stats you show highlight a team that first scores goals (not shovels shots wide or over the bar), second is not in control of games (as in are letting teams get out of their own half) and third are soft and unfit and fading through games.

We are throwing 2 points away constantly. We are then throwing the single point available away. the fulham loss for example in a prior year might or should have been 0-0 but we throw one in. brighton 1-1 absolutely thorwn away points. 1-1 v fulham before chrismas. Lots of can't score odd goal defeats at home.

Now leeds and necastle as the final nails i nthe top 4 coffins. Both games should have been 3 or 4 goal hauls.

no smiles on faces, no working together, it is an absolute **** show from 1 to 11 really.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

<cheers><applause>

16. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

54 shots and just two goals from our last two matches #embarrassing

18. moreinjuredthanowen

Nice that fans can talk direct to the guy. Hope the trolls dont get after him as a result.

19. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

something like 130 shots at home in 2021 and think scored 4 goals?

20. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

This is the only match I've missed this season. By the sound of it, it was a wise decision. I can't fathom what the **** has gone wrong and I have no idea if or how it can be fixed. It's incredibly depressing. I had a nice walk with my daughters and the dog in the countryside instead. Eminently more relaxing that sitting and watching that crap <ok>