1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Man Utd (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Oct 3, 2017.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

He must have been on something to think that poor a wumming would work

2. LuisDiazgamechanger

What else can it be?. DRUGS?

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

So my thoughts on the game, Jose didn't really attack us so made it easy to defend against them. The defenders did their job though and made sure that Jose didn't get what he wanted which was to grab one from a mistake or a set piece. Going forward we huffed and puffed but only Coutinho looked a real threat lots of hard work though and nobody played badly.
    What we have to do is this more often, if a team digs in just keep playing and we'll hopefully get a goal more often than not what we cannot do is lose this type of game.

4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

The post match from Jose was sad to see, stand up and be honest. You came to sit back and not concede with the hope of grabbing a goal which didn't come and you're happy enough with a point if the Man Utd fans don't like that then they have the wrong manager in place as that is what he always does in the bigger games and it'll happen more and more as the season goes on.

All this tactical crap he came out with was bollox.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

He blamed not having midfield subs to put on to run about chasing us for the reason they didn't attack us.

Anyone watching us knows we don't make midfield subs.
    It's patently obvious that he missed a big chance cos we took salah and coutinho off after 60-70 70mil s due to midweek games and their long travels last week.

We were ripe for the plucking but he didn't even try. He wss just negative.

6. LuisDiazgamechanger

If we had scored and united lost, Mourinho was going to dispute the goal.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  7. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

He put Studge ,Ox and Solanki on..............defensive? <laugh>

8. moreinjuredthanowen

Yeah, he premeditated it imo. I would have hauled windyboff who was freaking useless and kept coutinho on in midfield to try win it

carlthejackal likes this.
  9. moreinjuredthanowen

Ermmmm <laugh> see above.

I typed windy and my tablet auto corrected to the above !

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  10. saintKlopp

I think Salah was really lively in the first half, though he seemed to tire in the second. If he could shoot he'd be dangerous.

11. saintKlopp

We really ought to have a player called Windyboff.

12. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Why sub our one player who could have scored on a moment of magic? He could have scored on the 93rd minute. from a free kick or from a long distance shot. Did we really need 3 in midfield when they just wanted to park the bus? They were not going to score or even attempt to score had we played 3 hours.

13. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

He's come out with some **** over the years, but the quote before the game was farcical in reality. "We have one defender and nine strikers". Must be why Lukakunt came out of his own half all of twice in the match <laugh>

14. saintKlopp

I never trust us not to let in a daft one in the last few minutes. :)

I agree with mito, I think the reason for the subs was just because of the international break and the upcoming CL fixture. Also, if we have a squad and never play any of them Klopp will get ripped into for that. I thought our substitutions amounted to as close as we'll get to a planB.

carlthejackal likes this.
  15. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

I have the feeling that Klopp is quite happy that Mourinho is getting all the flak for the boring draw. And he has arrested some poor performances from the team. The Mane injury has really come at a bad time. We would probably have won if he had played. But we'll never know.

saintKlopp likes this.
  16. saintKlopp

True. It's all ifs, buts and maybes with football - that's why it's interesting. On another day Matip takes that chance, same with Lucky, Can doesn't put it over from 8 yards or whatever it was.
    Which is why I said with the benefit of hindsight Utd never looked like scoring apart from that one chance, but during the game I was nervous we might just cock-up in the last few minutes.

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

To be fair coutinho is that magical guy who can just create something out of nothing and be the difference.

As foe klopps use of the 3 subs, yes hes got to use the squad thats hes got in but this plan B of his hasnt exactly reaped dividends this year (dont think they have affected any matches yet this year have they?)

Imo you would have been far more effective in keeping 1 of coutinho and or firmino on.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

What about injuring one
    .. mane already out?

Lose one for 6 weeks and where are we? It was imo premeditated based on long travel.

organic red likes this.
  19. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

What you had where 2 managers and teams to afraid to lose. Mourinho was full on parking the bus, whilst Klopps side where set up in a more measured approach than usual. Klopp could have gone for it in the 2nd half, but he had clearly worked out the trap that Mourinho was setting to nick the game late on. And knew better of it.

Most of our goals this season have come from substitutes being introduced in the last 15 mins of matches, against sides who are usually a goal down and chasing the game.

Mourinho was obviously hoping Klopp would gamble and start chasing the game to get the win, and then that would leave big gaps for the pace of Rashford and Lingard to take advantage of.

For the first time this season, I'd actually say Klopp made a clever move by not falling for the trap.

saintKlopp likes this.
  20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Maybe. Klopps never been one to rotate to much before but i guess we wont know if its because of lessons learnt previously