1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Man Utd (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Apr 24, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moreinjuredthanowen

because west brom are probably obstructing and the prem can't be seen to be bullying a non top 6 team to move a fixture in which they could be relegated.

Once west brom are relegated this will be announced.

It won't matter though, utd will probably see the same protests again.

2. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Klopp won't want to be handed points, he has integrity and will want to earn them. But - I think the longer it goes on if it looks like it's disrupting or penalising innocent parties, there will be a need for the rules to be applied and the points awarded to us.

3. saintKlopp

He won't have a say in it.
    Normally I wouldn't want it either, but... makes sod all difference to Man U, but could be significant for us. :)
    In reality, I think they should be made to play two games close together, like we were last season, and let them choose which one to play the kids in.

4. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

i think being able to field 2 high PL level teams rather helps in fitness .

PS B Silva standards have dropped this season compared to last imo but Mahrez has improved his .

5. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Not comparing the two, but I've had a similar thing playing hockey. We've had games cancelled by opposition teams (and we've had to cancel games) whilst you always want to play the games, the leagues have to make the decision and sometimes just getting the points is more important. In the end you don't really care cause its just one game in a whole season.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  6. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

It's sets a precedent though. Say next season something happens causing us to cancel.

It's like injuries during warm up

7. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

We had to play vs Villa and in Qatar the following day - so there was no special treatment for us and there shouldn't be any for United. Happy for them to reschedule the game as long as it doesn't impact our scheduling or to any of the other teams that we have to still play. Either give us the 3 points or you make United play 2 games in 2 days. Simple.

This game was cancelled due to poor security at Old Trafford.

P.S - I'll happily take the 3 points :)

8. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

City lost Laporte last season and were excused because they lost the best defender despite having stones, otamendi, Garcia available and playing Fernandinho there. Admittedly they still finished 2nd but when you have 3 other centre backs available, wouldnt expect a massive drop off from just losing 1.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  9. johnsonsbaby

He did have a say in it. He agreed to play the game at a later date. He didn't have to do that.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

B.Silva hardly got a look in last season? he was on the bench a lot. the season before I thought he was absolutely epic.

Mahrez certainly has been given more consistent time on pitch and imo he's responded well.

Overall yes 2 good teams worth of players helps over the course of the season but my point is rather we have never looked right form day 1 and look like we fade in games. It hasn't mattered if we play leeds or fulham or man city we still look second best in terms of work. The fulham first game imo was a real eye opener.

they absolutely bossed us and second but naturally for a side in trouble fell back second half into a shell and let us have it.

11. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Only practical solution is to move our game v West Brom to the midweek space and play united at that weekend.

can’t see any other way to get game in

12. moreinjuredthanowen

We should have already played this game monday or tuesday.

We are now faced with moving our game such that we need to play 5 in 14 days. Serously impact to us.

Utd get to play second leg of europa and then rest players wherever they like knowing it won't really affect them,

The villa game however was EFL v Prem v FIFA which was more complex but also gorssly unfair but we decided to play ball.

I have no problem with man utd needing to play two league games in two days though. in principle it should be no issue.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

agree but it seriously impacts us by making a east enough run in with a game per week til that last week with 3 in the week into a right slog and it almost inevitably dooms our chances.

;) a walk over is my thoughts 3-0.

why should fans stopping games be not important enough to set a serious precedent.

Why shouldn't a relegation threatened side no simply have fans occupy the pitch to call off a game if they have an issue? precedent is man utd got look after ;)

Zorba likes this.
  14. saintKlopp

Yeah. I didn't realise Utd had a free weekend so that would work. Though the PL will probably try to make us play twice in 2 days. :bandit:

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

And so they should. Why should they move? Why can't the Man Utd v Liverpool game be played in the slot being prepared to WBA? It's all about TV rights and money, again!

16. johnsonsbaby

There are rules covering what happens if the home side can't provide a safe entry and exit to players and also what happens if the home side can't fulfill the fixture. As always it involves the words 'board's discretion'. So it will involve a call to utd to see what suits them best <whistle> because going just by the rules they aren't going to give us the points.

17. moreinjuredthanowen

for course not but as it says under the rule man utd have breached the rules and next time when the team in 17th on the last day of the season have an injury whats to stop their fans blocking a bus or invading a pitch?

Utd failed to fulfil a fixture, I recall some team being forced to play when their team was run through with illness. I'm trying to recall who it was.

18. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, we all know that the United vs Liverpool will go ahead for one simple reason - money. This is the biggest game in Sky's calendar - they want this to happen more than anything.

Zanjinho likes this.
  19. moreinjuredthanowen

it has to go ahead irrespective but i suspect you are right about the utv v lfc to be on prime time SKY tv slot on the sunday.

the other apsect is we were already going to be on tv v west brom on sky sports on the sunday at 4:30pm.

If the game moves to the Wednesday then LFC and west brom lose tv moeny as utd v leciester and cheslea arsenal are on wednesday.

who is going to pay both clubs that money?

the more you look the worse this gets.

If i were west brom i would do nobody any favours that costs money.

20. johnsonsbaby

What's that you say. Surely not.

Bumps and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.