1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Man Utd (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Oct 5, 2019.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

8 points clear is significant. However, it is after only 8 games and we all know that City are capable of going on long winning runs!

Form is critical. We have looked tired but are winning. We also play both Utd and Spurs when they look particularly weak, While City play Palace and Villa while they look particularly vulnerable and their opponents are enjoying reasonable form. The next few weeks shape the season.

Given how we’ve played, we will slip up at some point soon and it’s how we react after this that really matters.....we need to be ruthless and give City no hope at all. If we do, the pressure will swing our way.

By far my biggest concern is the depth of the squad. We cannot expect our first eleven to play every game in the league and CL. We have to rotate and prioritise. Right now, I would seriously start to consider resting players in the CL games once back from the internationals, only playing a full strength team if absolutely necessary to qualify. I’d also seriously consider how we deal with the world club cup thingy. The league should be king this season....especially now that we are in this position. I know some want to win everything but there’s one trophy, for me anyway, that’s worth all of the others put together.

2. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Man Utd are in Everton mode where even a point will trigger flares and pitch invasions

3. saintKlopp

I fully agree.
    I'd happily chuck the lot to win the league, but there are no guarantees so we have to keep going - in the CL at least.
    The World Club thing is only 2 games, I believe, but I'd rather we didn't have them - especially at that time of year. I have no real interest in those sort of show-piece competitions when there is serious work to be done.

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.
  4. LuisDiazgamechanger

We are going to smash them...no worries.Mauricio Pochettino is no longer in the raider of Manchester United, Ole is going to keep his job regardless of the result.

5. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

I don’t get their utter faith in him. Pep and JK came to our respective clubs with big reputations having delivered at a high level already. He’s a coaching nobody. Imo letting him loose with a billion pounds worth of ‘talent’ is like asking my son who’s only ever ridden a 50cc scooter to Fly a jumbo jet. Madness. Hope it continues mind <laugh>

organic red likes this.
  6. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Let's get the ****ers dicked <ok>

7. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Hopefully no injuries in the international break, and I think Alison will play.

8. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Matip back too

9. astro

astro Well-Known Member

10. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Incredible that we got him and VVD for £75m combined. <ok>

Bumps and Lucas Talking like this.

11. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Hopefully Alisson is back as well.

12. LuisDiazgamechanger

Welcome back to Alisson,Adrian has done well too

13. saintKlopp

Lovren played well against Leicester, apart from one instance where he and Trent let a man go free between them.
    He plays well most of the time, imo - however, you can't shake the feeling that there's a massive cock-up waiting round the corner with him.

THE FOOL, Bumps and Zanjinho like this.
  14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Only three of our players haven't missed minute of PL football so far this season; VVD, Trent and Robbo. #theireplaceables

100% agree btw

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Throw Trent and Robbo in there for a extra £8m and Gomez was only about £3m too.

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's so early but with Utd away and then Spurs at home they are what would be considered tough games but we may well be getting them both at the right time. This is speculation and it probably wont work out like this but once those 2 are out of the way it's Villa away and City at home. Win the next 3 and then we will have a very worried City and the chance to really stick it to them.

One game at a time though lets just go to OT and get 3 points.

Bumps likes this.
  17. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Anything less than 5pts is failure

18. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I really think we have a great chance of winning all 4. This is where it usually goes wrong and we drop points when you least expect it so maybe wins vs Utd and Spurs but drop them at Villa or something daft. Tell you what though if we get to the City game undefeated we need to go at them like a pack of dogs!

Bumps and Zanjinho like this.
  19. LuisDiazgamechanger

Invincible Liverpool?
    Liverpool won't go unbeaten, not a chance. What Arsenal did all those years ago, that's some going. What Liverpool are doing, winning all these games on the trot, though, is ridiculous.
    They weren't great the other day. When Leicester got to 1-1, they looked like the team that might nick it, even though Liverpool didn't deserve to lose. For 70-odd minutes they were the better team, but they just kept on going and you have to get some breaks every now and again.
    https://www.skysports.com/football/...go-through-the-premier-league-season-unbeaten

Bumps likes this.
  20. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member