1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Leicester (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Feb 7, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It’s really not an exaggeration mate. The wheels started to fall off before lockdown, late Feb.

2. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

I personally look forward to you crowing for one season that you've finished above us, before slinking back to you usual position.

I wouldn't mind so much, but as I've said before I quite like Everton, i feel no Ill will toward them, your obsession with Liverpool is a detriment to you not to us.

3. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

****ing good job we crawled to that title wasn’t it ?
    Klopp had built a side - he is a good coach
    He can build another
    Just like your gaffer - he is quality too

Zanjinho likes this.
  4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Not my fault you don’t understand local rivalry. You probably would have been better served following a local side, then you might get it.

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

So what your saying is, you think we could have been better last season? <yikes>

6. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

oh i agree FSG are just in it for the money and i have no problem with that but we did win stuff without the financial clout of City and as only a very small number of investors can match them financially that isn't likely to change. The fact that FSG are driven by profit does not mean that investment might not be financially the best long term plan the only fly in the ointment is if they have the dosh and are willing to use it.

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Klopp has done an incredible job, no argument there. I’ve said for beards that your owners are the luckiest in World football. They made one outstanding decision, and he’s done the rest, largely with self generated cash (excluding the doubled wage bill).

I’m sure if he’s given the right backing he could build another top side, my point was merely that this one is on the downslope and is going to need a fair bit of change in the next 12 months or so, to get back to where you where in the 2 years of its absolute prime.

8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I'd rather they didn't splash the cash. I like hows they run the club and I think all clubs should have to run off their own funds, impossible to police/implement though

THE FOOL and Solid_Air 2 like this.
  9. THE FOOL

This is it, we havnt got the resources to spend and spend, so we have to rely on good business acumen and luck.

Klopp has worked wonders he's taken a group who should be fighting for the title into a group that has been dominate, lauded as one of the best teams in the world.

If you compare our first 11 last year to the names in the great barca,Madrid Munich teams its beyond belief.

We've hit a hard patch, but this can not overshadow what this team has done.

Solid_Air 2, Zanjinho and Bumps like this.
  10. Solid_Air 2

Difficult to tell if we have cover at LB as ironically Tsimikas has been injured for most of his time with us .

11. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Ben Davies is already injured too...

12. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Atm with how the league is anything could still happen (I don’t mean the title btw) this season
    We could finish 12th or 2nd who fecking knows ??

13. THE FOOL

Oh you make me laugh, look at little tobes more scouse than scouse.

I used to pop along to Annfield on a Wednesday and goodison a Thursday when you where in the cup winners cup.

I've sat in the gladys when you played port Vale in the the cup.

Just because your a bitter old prick doesn't mean we all ore

Zorba, Solid_Air 2 and Bumps like this.
  14. Solid_Air 2

i'm also of the opinion clubs should be self sufficient particularly in relation to the normal running costs as continuously spending more than you have coming in with the owners making up the shortfall is a dangerous position to be in .

Zanjinho likes this.
  15. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Thats why I said this coming Summer will be the tell. One of two things will happen
    1)If they are just willing to sit, take the CL and PL wins and reap in the money, I expect they wont invest properly. We'll probably sell one of the big names in order to bring in new. Lets face it alot of their investment in the squad has been from the sale of Countinho.
    2) If they want to win (and in turn increase the clubs potential for profit) then they will have to invest without the big profits from a transfer.

If it is 1) then would you want them as owners?

16. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Of course thats the dream.

But that Idea died. Citeh killed it

Time to live in the real world, where States own football clubs.

17. Solid_Air 2

Due to Covid I cannot see a big spend without sales but that also goes for most clubs who try and run a financially stable business .

18. THE FOOL

If we put 6 wins together we'd be pushing for 2nd, another two loses and we are firmly mid table. It is what it is.

It's going to be a long hard season.

Glad your back

Bumps likes this.
  19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

So you’re a Stokie then?

Figures.

Have a nice day.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

Well imo yes we were slowing down under the amount of games but you have to remember we fought through December where the efl made a disgraceful call to force us to play u18s as the first team were flying to play World.club. a record.number of games. We fought through games v wolves and still took all the points.

Imo after lockdown we came back with poorer attitude for sure and just took the points for the title and never showed the same hunger.

We were top but inconsistent before Christmas. Terrible v villa, good v woles, spurs etc.

Imo the danger signs were there v Brighton and Fulham then we beat spurs and Palace and then totally implode. Imo its both fitness but also attitude. Our attitude stinks at times.

Imo mane hasn't come back since covid. He looks shot through totally.he was absolutely awful today in decisions and just plain speed of thought.

Henderson was very good today but as a midfielder as he spent 70mins doing that. This continued picking of cms we need as cms at cb is a total disaster of our own making.

We have wasted the window to bring in a cb so now we still have 2 after deadline day plus 2 that have played yet we will not play the top midfielders where they need to be so we are making the issues worse imo.