1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Leicester (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Feb 7, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

We'll ****ing smash'em :emoticon-0165-muscl

Bumps likes this.
  3. Mr Beej

Mr Beej Well-Known Member

We'll win it. We are away.

4. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

At least we have an easy run of fixtures against Leicester, Leipzig and Everton to get back on track

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

If I had to guess we'll lose, don't normally think that way but I can't see us beating Leicester.

Zorba likes this.
  6. moreinjuredthanowen

We have a week to put things right.

Team selection will decide a lot.

Unless we make the sensible decisions we will lose anyway so play the cbs and put the midfielder in midfield and drive the team up the pitch.

7. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

God we’re always **** on Saturday 12:30 games... imagine how bad gonna be given our form added to it!!

8. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

About time vote options were changed,now that we're not invincible anymore.

9. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Even in the event of playing say Kabak and Phillips, and moving Fab and Hendo forward, we can't expect that to knit together instantaneously.
    It's going to take some time, but I think everyone is in agreement that is what we need to do.

10. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Feel free to do match threads...

11. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

Nah I'd be **** at it.

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I have thought about changing the poll but (a) it would be defeatist and (b) I started doing the poll like that before we got good

Sucky likes this.
  13. Nozzer

Nozzer Well-Known Member

Would that be the first time that Rodgers has beaten us since he left?

luvgonzo likes this.
  14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

We're good at making stuff like that happen this season.

15. moreinjuredthanowen

yes, totally agree.

I don't mind a pair of CBs making errors.

I do mind players bottling every forward pass, no intent to go forward, no real press, no ANGER in them.

Frankly city were shell shocked first half. they couldn't beleive what they were seeing. I think they fell asleep watching us backpass. Second half they applied a tiny bit of pressure and we cracked. not a lot but just enough and we folded.

Klopp took off jones. Why I do not know given the lad didn't play last two and put on milner. with respect to milner, less than 10 mins and he was nowhere to be seen when alisson needed an out ball. Thats not excusing the absolutel **** show he then served up but if you look at the replays the guy sent on was stood static watching it all happen. Klopp bascially took a side that had "done just enough" for 60mins and gutted the midfield by putting on two failed wingers as cms ;)

We have 4 fit cbs. I hope he plays them .

I also hope we get some anger going as what we are seeing just isn't anywhere near the level on any aspect.

16. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Plus I like reading on the prem board when someone doesn't get the joke and it's all "oh look how cocky they are" <laugh>

Diego and Zanjinho like this.
  17. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Reckon we'll lose this one too.

I dont mind that so much if I see kabak starting and Hendo in mf.

That is all.

Play defenders in defence and get our midfield back or at least Hendo and see where we end up.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

Look it really requires a fresh outlook. They are all in this spin so they can't just sit down and say ok this is what we will do.

they need to either use the international break to get a few days as a management team OR use the 1 game per week set up coming up to work on things hard.

Imo:

a) we need to instruct salah to do what he did v spurs and city. and not come deep and not get caught 40 yards from goal in a giving up mode like he was for alst 15mins yesterday. He ran that channel between CB and full back v spurs and city and was found. we need this run in behind. mane needs to do the same. We need to be barking at them if they come short.

b) we need to drop firmino. Enough is enough. no real energy = on the bench and come on after 70mins to show something. Jota needs to be back for this as i'd rather a dog turd than origi

c) we need fabinho at no 6. stand in between the cbs and drive the team up the park. Get two CBs in whoever they are and just put up with that.

d) we need henderson at rcm. end of. no more messing.

e) we need both full back up the park and we need to instruct ROBERTSON to stop turning round and back passing. win a ****ing throw FFS. anything bar back passing. I want to see both full back over lapping.

f) it should be 100 press up in training for a pass behind a player. How many times do we see this rubbish in the games. Ball behind the cb, behind the full back, stopping runs etc etc.

g) If you get on as a sub and are not running hard for 20mins you shouldn't get another game for a month. Milner, take note yesterday. Ox, constant, origi, shaqiri, all guilty. If you come on you should expend all possible energy,

IMo yesterday we tried not to lose. we didn't try to win. 90% of the game plan was play safe. Not sure what city thought as i expect they set up to go quickly forward but found us unwilling to take any chances and just recycling the ball and sitting off so pep changed it second half and killed us.

We cannot go trying not to lose. Not if we are serious.

THE FOOL likes this.
  19. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Agree MITO - we need to change the system and style because as you say, we're playing to not lose. It's too safe and conservative, and that does not suit a team which thrives on intensity and high pressure.

Maybe a 4231 would suit us better but if we want to persist with 433, then we need to move Fab and Hendo back in midfield, moreso Fab.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

we don't have a striker.

you could go 442 or more accurately 4222 like southampton if we wanted to push mane and salah right on and tell them to focus on running in behind. you'll note that pep went from foden false 9 to two pushed up and we folded under a slight press.

I have to wonder if klopp is seeing this tactical change of denying the pass in the middle teams are doing. Theres plenty of space wide but by the time a longish ball reaches our fullbacks a player can rush out and push them back

Alisson
    Taa kabak Davies/phillips robertson
    Henderson Fabinho wijnaldum
    salah firmino/jota Mane.

Alisson
    Taa kabak Davies/phillips robertson
    Fabinho wijnaldum
    Henderson Thiago
    Salah Mane

flood the middle and lets the full backs bomb on. Plenty of height to deal with long ball out.

The issue for me is we could do it v spurs and trouble mourinho's set up which as to sit deep but southampton, fulam, brighton and now city all pushed up and just chocked the middle of the park and we couldn't even get the ball out.

IMO our midfield goes AWOL we don't see good out balls available and when we stop looking then we just go negative.

When the CBs have it you want an out ball in the middle, and wide. Not the midfielder behind the line of pressing men or 20 yards away.

the reality is we got ourselves hemmed in to the point alisson had **** all left to do with the ball. He ought to me moving it one side or the other. If a cb tosses it back at him with no ball on he should be losing it up the park no question but if all responsibility is abdicated by the other 10 men on the park by not offering one solitary out ball to him well guess what. he will end up looking the fool. Yes he should have hammered the ball over the sideline on both occasions and read the riot act but thats his mistake, lets not forget cbs handed over the ball and nobody showed for the pass either.

the second error was a joke as the laid it back to a guy clearly getting closed down.