1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Leicester (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Sep 17, 2017.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

Two away games without a goal is not acceptable.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  2. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

The funny thing is, we would massively struggle to create in these types of games. But the positive is that we have created and we should have scored, which is an improvement on last season.

On that basis, our luck will turn. But that’s only for our attack.

Our defence will forever remain ****.

3. moreinjuredthanowen

Lets just be clear;

1. Klopp finally dropped the pretence. He's as sick of this crap as we are. About time he admitted it.

2. We were always going out last night. the moment that draw was made i wrote this cup off. Klopp picked a decent outfit there, not a bad reserve outfit but there was zero real threat. we played in front a lot of the time and the one real chance we got imo well to ox but it wasn't played specifically to him so he had to half compete to get there so the chance was blocked. The team got a few guys a run out. thats about it.

3. Coutinho showed why klopp put the foot down and kept him. He was the only difference we had over them at all and ran the show. he got slaughtered on this thread for the final ball or up in the pen area but he absolutely ran the show in midfield. We need to open our yes and see coutinho IS THE DIFFERENCE for us.

4. The defence issues are hilarious but the fact is the team were conceding silly chances around the place when dominating. I saw again wijnalddm and henderons go ofr the one press opportunity in the first half. This is on half way... one pass and there are 3 one one one opportunities. v flanagan, V gomez, maybe a mdfielder in behind them gets to run at klavan. I just cannot fathom what the team is now doing. The high press is fine and all that in the right areas but chasing a ball in the midfield and leaving the door wide open is madness. Last year we were NOT doing this.

5. the second goal is classic LFC. I think as i recall about 5 mins after seville scored against us in europa final i said "its over their heads have gone" Looking last night EXACTLY the same issue still exists. The team was in panic. some decided they were strikers and needed to be right up the pitch. some chased about like headless chickens. the shape disintegrated leavin the few defenders completely exposed. You can tell when LFC have gone and its in the team shape. gaps start appearing and it becomes very easy. the lines get too far apart and you just know henderson is no captain cos he never shouts and order.

The good news is: If coutinho can be got into a no 8 role for us and run the show in midfield our front 3 will do well. If he plays and gets us 60% possession just moving the ball then thats less time teams have to attack us.

johnsonsbaby likes this.
  4. Jimmy Squarefoot

On Coutinho - the guy is important for us whether he like him or not. As MITO says, he ran the show and everything positive came through him.

This was a good 45 mind to shake off rustiness - him behind firm Mane and Salah could be special.

5. Jimmy Squarefoot

And on Salah - Robertson put some great balls - I reckon Salah would have been on the end of them.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

exacly
    Anyone
    anyone Matip Anyone Anyone
    Anyone Anyone
    Coutinho
    Salah Firmino Mane​

From now til January the GK, full backs, CB, CMS... they are all alike. none are the guy to go to. Our team will be defined IMO by getting coutinho into CM areas in the centre circle linking play, using vision to pick out those forwards.

Whoever else plays with him... well... they should be supporting him I'm strongly of the opinion Klopp needs to find any one of his midfielders and pin them goal side of the ball at all times and really just screen the backs. Forget the press. take them out of the press totally.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  7. moreinjuredthanowen

I thought so as well on several that went deep I was thinking salah would be the one guy going to that area.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

How the hell did you not win - we were ****e.

Next game will be more interesting - we won't have half fit players and you won't sub your best player off at half time.

Also Ox isn't a CM...

9. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

4 wins, 3 draws, 2 defeats.

Now brilliant but not disastrous.

organic red and Jimmy Squarefoot like this.
  10. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Should have been out of sight by HT. Solanke missed 2 sitters and ox should have buried his chance, albeit decent block from chillwell.

We'll different at weekend with Firm and Salah replacing ox and Solanke (hopefully).

Id we create similar number of good chances then would feel confident that Firm and Salah who are better in front of goal would put them away.

Is vardy likely to be fit? He was out injured but guessing it was one of those were not a proper injury just resting for more important league game?

11. moreinjuredthanowen

we look 8/15 points in league which is off the pace for 4th, lost in the league cup and drew with the top side in our CL group at home. Hoffenhiem doesn't count in my book. they were weak.

Next 10 games:

Liecester away
    spartak away
    newcastle away
    Utd at home (early kick off after internationals :()
    Maribor away
    Spurs away
    hudderfield home
    maribor home
    west ham away
    southampton home

So..... yeah.... 9 points up for grabs in CL. 21 in prem. 3 home games in league and 4 away. Last year southampton stopped us dead. Utd stopped us dead.

nothings easy here.

We need to make rapid improvements and the first and best one is to get coutinho to no 8 and keep him there.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

Not sure i agree.

solanke had a half chance, ox wasn't actually passed to he had to react to a blind ball across and get to it first which he did.

13. Milnermino Lamborini

Milnermino Lamborini Well-Known Member

So basically same old problems reading back. It's good to know that even with our **** defence Lovren will pick up 100K this week <yikes> . Wish I had those problems

14. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember when we had the best midfield in the world - what happened <laugh>

Leicester were atrocious - and they still managed to beat us <grr>

15. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

If I was part of last night's team I'd be ashamed picking up my wages this week.

16. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Hoff are unbeaten in their league so far, 2 wins 2 draws. Wouldn't call them weak.

17. LuisDiazgamechanger

Benitez was too defensive minded while Klopp is too attacking minded, as me, I prefer not concede goals than conceding too many.

18. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Solanke missed an open goal from Robertsons cross and then lifted over a 1v1 when keeper came rushing out. Both should be scored.

Ox had time and space, whether it was meant to him or not makes no difference. Had load of time to see and just just lazily hit it, even if it wasn't blocked think would have gone straight down middle at keeper anyway!

19. BobbyD

BobbyD President

what you are saying is that you saved us 40m and you've turned our top striking prospect to ****?

I heard theres an #ox curse going about

20. Enricky.

Enricky. Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Saved you £35m actually. And then you went and spunked £35m on Danny ****ing Drinkwater <laugh>