1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Fulham (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Mar 4, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Home loss

3. Home loss

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

we’ve still got 4th best home record this season despite the 6 defeats in a row guys... silver lining <laugh>

2 more points then united, 6 more than Everton <whistle>

DirtyFrank, Zanjinho and THE FOOL like this.
  2. Mark Blow

Mark Blow Well-Known Member

Then there’s something rotten in the State of Denmark

3. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Totally agree but being able to run a lot and work hard isn't everything (it is there bare minimum imo though), they need to be able to read the game and know when to/not to do it. If players just run endlessly trying to get the ball we become eleven individuals. Ironically, that's what we are atm anyway <laugh>

I've said for ages that we had a strong first XI but ****all beyond it.

Bumps and quinneristops like this.
  4. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

It's been a common theme for the last few years, but our midfield is bang average.

We relied on our fullbacks to create, teams know how to negate this now.

Thiago was brought in to bolster the midfield, give it some creative ability, but its not occurred.

A team that Is looking to challenge, needs to refresh and reform every year. Yes we've had a horrible season, but enough to justify 1st to 10th, no not really.

We missed the opportunity in the summer, January passed us by. I'm pissed off with the players but I'm more angry with klopp and the owners.

Bumps likes this.
  5. quinneristops

quinneristops Well-Known Member

The damage being done at the moment will not be fixed by a few tweaks and a rest over the Summer. We need quite an overhaul with five or six moving on and better hungrier players coming in. No midgets please

Zorba and DirtyFrank like this.
  6. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

At least we're consistent!

Zanjinho and luvgonzo like this.
  7. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

The midget era is over....

8. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

9. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

tbf we did buy Jota , Thiago and Tsimikas and i think most were happy about the signings if a bit bemused by not the decision not to replace Lovren .

Nozzer and Bumps like this.
  10. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

11. Darwinism

Darwinism Well-Known Member

Too many changes. Needed because the Chelsea match wasn’t good enough and Leipzig is coming up too. But 7? A group of strangers thrown in together. Although improved in the 2nd half, we hardly created any chances.

Klopp has a massive task to rebuild confidence and morale.

12. Mark Blow

Mark Blow Well-Known Member

Could it be the reason we have no confidence and morale is because of Klopp? At the end of the day, he’s the boss, the leader, the Inspiration.

13. lfcpower

lfcpower Well-Known Member

Could be a knee jerk reaction, or an over-reaction, and probably is so I reserve the right to go back on it <laugh> but I think a fair few of these need shipping out in the summer, even players who have previously been considered undroppable. It's almost like the project is over for them, CL won, PL won, that's it, they can slip it into neutral and maybe start to think about opportunities elsewhere when the time is right. Just pre-empt it, get new recruits in with the will, desire and drive and those in neutral can either decide to get it in gear again or take the next exit

Zorba, Bumps and DirtyFrank like this.
  14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

BobbyD, organic red, luvgonzo and 2 others like this.
  15. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Yeah I think we have made mistakes
    This season always had to happen
    It was always a when
    We have been really unlucky and pretty pants at the same time
    My mate keeps sending clips of the game to me
    He is well angry but he has just sent one of fab getting cleaned out by two players followed by Keita doing the same and getting carded
    Not blaming the refs just saying everything culminating atm.
    However - that said- if the club have the desire I trust them to put it right
    It won’t take much to straighten the ship just a couple of things
    We need confidence more than anything
    Imho atm
    Onto Tuesday
    Different comp might help :)

THE FOOL likes this.
  16. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

It does have a feel of that.

Almost like Klopp has driven them to achieve the title and a CL and now can not find a way to motivate them to do it again.

It seems a similar situation to Dortmund. Klopp drove them to win the title and unsettle Bayern, after they achieved that there was huge drop in form combined with lots of injuries.
    It is starting to look like a pattern, the next step is to see if Klopp has learnt from Dortmund and can turn things around.

Saying that if we lose to RB (get knocked out) there will probably be questions over Klopp. The Owners maybe patient with him but in the end European football is massive to the club and to them due to the revenue streams.

17. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

I was happy we got cover form LB, although that now seems abit redundant as we never rest Roberston.
    I was happy with Jota

I was not happy with Thiago. An area I felt we didn't need incoming, also his age didn't fit how we've gone about transfers.

I thought we needed another CB and a proper Striker, which are the two things which are now coming back to bite us in the arse.

18. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

the Thiago one confused me also but that felt like one JK really wanted and Jota was the forward cover .

19. moreinjuredthanowen

wasn't too bad actually.

like, ok we are complete otssers and all that but is could have been worse. Fulham didn't really come to engage first half. not really. they had a tactic to hit on the break and they got a bit of luck off a corner. Otherside they had their balls likced by carragher etc but really it wasn't too impressive.

THe reality is neco williams could be there 2 weeks from now and not find anyone. He has never looked like making an assist for me and plays with his head down.

The tactic of pushing robertson on is gone again. game plan? who knows but what i can say is that theres zero team work.

At one point about 20mins in salah tried to press but jota never went, shaqiri was nowhere. the result is salah charging about from one side of the park th the owrth while their keeper just knowcks it to the lad jota could have gone at.

theres about 1 man imo trying and thats salah. he's still chasing. the rest are content to let it come or not come.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

thats an extremely superficial view.

It is, sorry.

Klopp has a different tactical team with linders and his fitness lad and his nutrition woman etc. If you really look you'll see a side severely depleted by a catasrophic preseason decision to travel out of the UK. Trent got covid, a couple others as well. The transfers arrived after it and then you've serious impact injuries to 4 players. (thiago, vvd, gomez, matip)

If you have a less than effective preseason then try cope with losing all 3 cbs then you've seen inury after injury. Look at henderson pplaying after only coming back form injury charging about desperately trying to make an impact from LCB and sprinting in midfield and ripping his groin lol.

What I see on the other hand is a geniune lack of hunger. Mane couldn't gve a damn. Firmino looks like he has lost all drive. Wijnaldum is floating about, releibaly doing nothnig but is there. Kieta didn't try much today to really do much.

Milner ffs should hve driving this lot but didnt.

We have see sides decide to jsut sit off co we are so poor at the back we will cough something up on the break and they are all having success. We can't get bodies in the box unless they just stand static and have no idea what to do so start tossing aimless stuff in to show we are trying.

no interplay, no over lapping really. nobody trying to get to real danger zones. mane got on today and stood himself in a quasi left midfield/ forward type zone and did nothign.

For get about it being related to dortmund. It just isn't. Two years ago we had a CL trophy and bought nobody. We gave everyone fat contracts and they are all too comfortable. they have also aged slighty as well.

For me its about hunger and fitness. YOu can beat one into them. you cannot put the other back in IMO.

If I were klopp I'd be beating on Mike gordan's door and be saying 100mil min plus i want to sell whoever i please. He won't. He is going to make the mistake many mangaers do. Shankly did. He will be too loyal to this lot. Forget about big signings imo.