1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Everton (H)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Feb 16, 2021.

?

Result...

1. Home win

2. Draw

3. Away loss

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He made a lovely cushioned header for Doucoure in the lead up to our early goal tbf like.

I have no idea what he’s supposed to be tbh, he’s not got the legs to chase and close down, he can’t tackle for ****, he’s got zero goals and zero assists. What is he?

2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

Spanish and you did say some time ago he was a top midfielder :emoticon-0105-wink:
    Personally i always wait to see them here as lots of players struggle in the PL so my views are based solely on his performances for us . I assume he is meant to be the CM controller but all that does is slow our game down . His passing is getting worst and he is a bloody liability in the tackle .
    Quite how much is down to
    a ) him not being fully fit
    b ) our calamitous dip in form
    is difficult to determine at present .

Tobes likes this.
  3. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Gini pushed him close. Don’t think I saw him do anything useful. Looks like his heads gone to Barca tbh

4. Solid_Air 2

Should point out my analysis of the game has to be read in the context that i'm sure my eyes were bleeding by the time we reached 60 mins .<laugh>

Tobes likes this.
  5. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

The reactions to the penalty award says it all.................

6. Solid_Air 2

Thing is you get the feeling we could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored .

The loss of Jota really hurt us as it pushed the front 3 to perform plus allowed rest thru rotation.

7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I thought he’d be a good signing for you tbh, but he’s been a real disappointment.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

oh yeah, totally agree.

anchelotti ate us alive.

We made it easy but its not his job to do anything but see what we are and counter it.

I don't even know what his plan A was as we coughed up a simple goal. Once they socred they went to plan B IMO which was to sit back and let us do nothing all game while being in control.

he threw on a positive sub win lewin as well which was the same approach that guardiola did with us. he didn't need to, but he did. His reward was securing the game with the pen.

the sad truth is everton's players were not actually "very good" as they should have been able to pick us off a bit better than they did. They did enough and were well organised.

Klopp has not tried to change anything much here. We are playing a 2 man back 1 man forward type midfield with very little effect. the busiest and best CM was playing LCB and got injured chasing about everywhere. Thats the sad truth. whatever he said to mane at HT lasted 10mins. another mangaer might drop him for that. He put a bit of effrot in but it wasn't long til he looked furstrated and gave up on chasing the ball down etc.

I think klopp needs to change something here. you can't keep going with the same tactics game after game when you don't have the fitness or players to do it.

the fact is we are trhowing in goals so step 1 is dull 0-0s.

9. moreinjuredthanowen

he started well but someone kicked him.

Right now for a senior pro on 180k per week, who've got the skills he is extremely disappointing in terms of trying to create. he's just going through the motions in the last 3 or 4 especially.

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He arrived injured mate. He’d played 2 half games before the derby injury.

Having seen him plenty of times now, I just don’t know how he fits into that side with the way Klopp plays the game. Maybe there’s much more to come from him, but at the minute I just can’t see it.

11. Solid_Air 2

Ali
    TAA ,Kabak , Phillips , Robbo
    Gini Thiago
    AOC , Keita , Mane
    Salah

that could easily swop to 4-4-1-2

12. Mr Beej

Mr Beej Well-Known Member

Bayern want him back I hear. He can go now. No need to wait for the end of the season.

13. moreinjuredthanowen

no he arrived corona'd. slight difference

He played reasonably well in the first game ebfore and after "the challenge"

The issue for me is not that he can't get about but that he's not really trying to be the playmaker any more. Certainly half fit.

anyway as you say, "the way klopp plays it" is not really recognising the barrel of ****e he has on his hands.

He now had one game a week to train and sort this ****.

14. Solid_Air 2

err can't afford to have even less players available .

15. moreinjuredthanowen

8th is now highly highly likely. we don't have players to play CL unless one of the posers on our website (serious wind up showing the 3 lads having fun while fans suffer btw) rise form the dead.

Henderson - imo 2 months. He looked like he got shot. that amount of stabbing pain incidates a big tear.
    VVD - probably not back this season
    Fabinho - who knows. not training so must be 2 weeks away.
    Jota - who the **** knows. they are not really saying
    firmino - totally shot through in confidence and in fitness and pace
    Mane - imo has given up
    Wijnaldum - going through motions quite a lot
    Alisson - pissed off. getting set up by his defenders as well which is nice. I saw at least 3 times the ball back wasa hospital pass. (i also think since his injury his kicking long distance is poor)
    Taa seesm to be protecting himself as nobody is covering him.
    thaigo half fit
    Jones, seems lacking in confidence and indecisive with the ball. almost afraid to make a mistake

theres too much to fix but starting with CMs in CB is not the answer. Taa if he would try could do more, robertson is fit and cna do more. salah will score if we get him in on goal. Alisson is as solid as ever in goal if we don't set him up for failure.

How klopp gets 4 or 5 more round them in a solid formation is tough. I do not see the will in some of them.

within 2 weeks hopefully fabinho and jota are back at least.

16. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Tobes, you're right it didn't affect the result, but watch again. As Carra said, hes on his way down before he even gets to Trent. Ih he had headed the ball then ran into a prone defender trying to get to the rebound off the bar I don't think the ref would even have thought about it.

But as said, you deserved the win and the pen was the cherry on top of the icing. I'm sure that, and the non sending off of Pitchford and the Mane offside that wasn't earlier in the season will all be forgotten when Liverpool next get a decision- they always do in derby folklore.

But I'll go now as I'm sounding like my bitter uncle and my first hangover since Christmas is crucifying me. :emoticon-0184-tmi:

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  17. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

We could try 5 3 2 with no bobby and fab in between kabak and Phillips, or 4 2 3 1 with fab and Hendo - when fit - in front of the two cbs. Whatever we do, I think everyone bar Klopp can see 4 3 3 ain't working. But are the players adaptable? I get the feeling the only system we even train with is 4 3 3, so everyone knows what there doing.

18. Solid_Air 2

At the very least amend the 433 in some way perhaps by dropping Firm ( or alternative ) deeper and pulling Mane & Salah more inside .

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Yeah he was on his way down, as Arnold had slid in front of him as he’s running full pelt, without challenging for the ball, and DCL has nowhere to go, so he’s brought him down, and then made sure he hits the deck by moving his leg up the finish the job off. Carragher wouldn’t have batted an eyelid if that was at the other end. It was a penalty.

20. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

At 0-1 with 7 minutes plus injury time left it could well have affected the result imo