1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Everton (A)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Oct 4, 2020.

?

Result...

1. Home loss

2. Draw

3. Away win

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

And RAWK and Twitter is full of Kopite angels mate, behave ffs.

haslam likes this.
  2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Shame we didn't get the deserved three points but it was a good entertaining game which is all I usually ask for so can't complain too much.

Pickford, Richarlison and the ref are all ****s though :)

3. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

Clutching at straws with those comments.

4. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

'kin hell - Richarlison was 'unlucky' because he was 'tired'. But it looks like someone will be punished today - Hendo will be charged by the FA for his sarky comment about 'bent' lines, according to Peter Walton. :emoticon-0127-lipss

Solid Alboland likes this.
  5. Solid Alboland

Solid Alboland Well-Known Member

Hendo should just say that there is no case to answer as play had stopped <whistle>

Sauerkraut Inia likes this.
  6. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Jürgen Klopp confirmed Liverpool are waiting to discover the extent of injuries sustained by Virgil van Dijk and Thiago Alcantara during Saturday’s 2-2 draw at Everton.

Van Dijk was forced from the field inside the opening 10 minutes after picking up a knee issue following a challenge from Blues’ goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.

Thiago, meanwhile, was on the receiving end of a heavy lunge by Richarlison, which resulted in a red card for the Everton forward in the final moment of normal time.

Klopp told his post-match press conference: “When I left the pitch, Thiago told me in the red card situation with Richarlison he thinks he got injured. We will see if it’s true or not, but if he felt like this then we need to have a look.”

The manager added on Van Dijk: “I don’t know [how serious it is], I don’t know, but it is not good.

“Virgil played for us I don’t know how many games in a row. He plays with pain, he plays with pretty much everything, but he couldn’t play on. That’s not good.”

7. LuisDiazgamechanger

You can build bricks with them<laugh>.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

It was a terrible challenge, no excuses, daft twat will be missing for 3 matches due to that completely unnecessary lunge.

9. Prince Knut

Not sure he's fully to blame - I think whoever is on VAR is our man with the considerable wedge in a brown envelope tonight. I mean had Oliver not gone straight to his pocket for the red against Richarlison, I'm sure the VAR **** would have let that go too.

10. Prince Knut

Two isn't it?

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I thought it was 3 tbh mate, but could be wrong.

I thought Robertson was very lucky to get away with that kick out that clattered Allan (I think) didn’t seem to even get a review that.

12. Solid Alboland

David Coote apparently which is so nearly what i called him at 12:40 .

Libby likes this.
  13. Solid Alboland

tis 3 and the Robbo incident was reviewed but since he was pushed over by Mina difficult to determine if any intent imo .

14. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He wasn’t though the foul went to us didn’t it? He was on the deck and kicked his calf, defo deliberate for me, especially given it’s him, as he’s got form.

15. Solid Alboland

definitely pushed over by Mina and the best view was from behind the goal .
    Don't know if the replays were different as i was watching NBC .

16. Prince Knut

Oh eh Tobes bit of a desperate attempt at whataboutery there. He flicked his foot out as he was falling. If you're looking for luck, and now you're mentioning his name, Allan must have been in double figures for fouls when he eventually got booked. A Latin Paul Scholes. :biggrin:

17. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Hahaha yeah mate of course he did.

Prince Knut likes this.
  18. Garlic Klopp

Garlic Klopp Well-Known Member

Klopp on the game and VAR

It’s getting harder and harder to take it, to be honest, because I went in the dressing room after the game. I liked the game, really good game from my boys. It was the best away derby we played since I am at Liverpool – top football, conceded goals because of the specific strength of Everton. The set-piece was unlucky when they scored, so Virg is not on the pitch and we have to sort that. We sorted it in the game, the only problem was that was, I think, the first corner after he left the pitch, so there was this little moment of disorganisation. They used it – that's [the] quality of Everton. The second goal, we avoided pretty much all situations like this over the 90 minutes but one time we let Digne cross. I heard already when the ball was in the air from the Everton bench, 'That's it' because they know he is really strong in these situations and he scores that goal. Good goal. Our goals were brilliant.

Then I leave the pitch and Thiago tells me that in the red-card situation with Richarlison he thinks he got injured. We will see if it's true or not. If a player felt like this, we need to have a look. Then I come in the dressing room and people stand there with a laptop and other people stand around the laptop and I asked what's on. They say, 'We watched the situation back and we don't understand why they whistled offside.' Look, I'm a real supporter of VAR but you would expect that, especially with offside, you then do the right decision. We scored a goal one time at Aston Villa and they said the armpit was offside – sounds funny, we got it. This time, the picture I saw now once on the laptop, there is no armpit, there is nothing, we are just not offside. Since then I had 10 interviews around about and everybody tells me it was not offside and that doesn't lift my mood obviously. You all watched it obviously more often. That's tricky. We lost a player in a situation where VAR was not involved with Virgil and then maybe another one in the red-card situation and scored a legitimate goal – whatever the word is – which didn't count. So, obviously not our day but the performance was the performance I wanted to see.

organic red and luvgonzo like this.
  19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Just hope the injuries are not that bad to Vigil and Thiago, the latter is just what we need against Sheffield btw.

I went mental when we scored the 3rd forgot about VAR. But that's the reality now you can't celebrate.

Previously in football refs got some decisions wrong but it was said that it evens out throughout the season.

We now have VAR that gets some decisions wrong but it evens out throughout the season.

Mental.

20. Zorba

Zorba Well-Known Member

Well an in form Everton with the rub of the green playing at home could only manage a draw against us will give me some solace.The blues need to come up with a plan b for their false dawn.