1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Vs Chelsea (N)

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Zanjinho, Aug 9, 2019.

?

Result...

1. LFC Win

2. Draw

3. CFC Loss

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bumps

Bumps Well-Known Member

Much better final than CL
    Cant really decide on who deserved to win as thought Chelsea played well but should not have been awarded the leveller
    Will just go with happy to win it, good game for early season :)

The IncREDibles and THE FOOL like this.
  2. astro

astro Well-Known Member

3. astro

astro Well-Known Member

luvgonzo likes this.
  4. astro

astro Well-Known Member

5. astro

astro Well-Known Member

6. THE FOOL

THE FOOL Well-Known Member

Looking on the game dispassionately then they should have been out of sight at the end of the first half. We kept the full backs back and expected 2 of the 3 in midfield to create width, which just left us very open in defence and with no outball in attack.

2nd half midfield tucked in tighter and closed the space, Bobby looks very sharp and provided the break through.

Adrian did well in goal, distribution is suspect but no howlers, definitely no penalty.

All in all a very happy boy. One contentious point I think milner is past it, I thought it last year and think it more from what I've seen so far, it's not his fitness, it's his speed and descion making that's suspect

7. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

Get in, ****ing love beating the chavs.
    Nuvvah cup in the bag.

Happy

Bumps likes this.
  8. mighty_stevie_g

mighty_stevie_g Well-Known Member

Entertaining game, but really ****ing frustrating giving the ball away and allowing acres of space time and time again!

These are of course the high standards that I’m grateful to have inherited.

Honestly thought Pedro was outstanding tonight and a cut above the rest in terms of consistency, he was flawless. Matip has shown Klopp he deserves that spot alongside vvd too.

Overall it was just a cracking night (happened to be in Turkey), full of fans & flares and me and my boy were made up to win it <ok>

Solid_Air 2, Bumps and Sucky like this.
  9. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Sound defensively. Gave the ball away the whole match though, and not just when everyone was tiring.

10. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I wanted to see Trent tried in midfield for Milner. I would like to have seen Shaqiri have a run late on too.

11. Sucky

My stream cut off just as the pens began, didn't bother getting it back on as a pal of mine popped round which is why I kind of only half watched it.

From what I did see, Adrian should have run his man out rather than going for the ball which led to the penalty. Also would have saved the pen if he just stood up for half a second more but he made a couple decent saves, coming out swiftly to contestaa one on one and blocked well.

Being the pen hero will give him a great boost going into the next few weeks while becker is out.

Chavs not as ****e as the utd score suggested for me, i noticed we got caught out a few times trying to play offside. Was the same against City a little unbalanced toward playing the line and not playing the man, it's only game 2 so we should tighten up and build form but id like to see less of the high line to gain the offside and more of the highline to win the ball back quickly and counter.

Not liking the var interference after a goal is scored, players are half celebrating goals because they're waiting for var confirmation.
    Don't like it.

12. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

Interesting game. Thought our first half was pretty poor. Gomez at RB doesn't just work for us, our shape wasn't comfortable for the team and the midfield were stretched all over the pitch. Also, without a Firmino type player as a focal point in that space between the lines, our forward three isn't anywhere near as dangerous - Mane or Salah can't fill the same role as they like to drift and run the channels rather than hold up play and feed others through. Klopp needs a better backup plan than simply playing one of those two as the number 9; Gomez to RB generally is a bad choice too imo.

Second half was much better! Firmino dropping deep and creating space, opening up the defense and helping the midfield. He's so important for us.

Adrian was solid which is all we can ask for as a backup keeper tbh, happy with him.

Thought apart from the dived 'penalty', the ref was fine. Karma's a bitch though, we deserved the win for that alone.

Jimmy Squarefoot and Sucky like this.
  13. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Doing all the little things right doesn't matter when you get the big thing wrong. Wrongly awarding a penalty in a cup final is pretty much as bad as it gets. Not that PGMOL are any better.

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING likes this.
  14. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

From her angle, it looked like a pen. That's what VAR is there for. Blame VAR for the ****up, not the ref imo

Sucky likes this.
  15. Sucky

Yeh this var **** is a bit all over the place at the moment tbh, I'm for it in principle but if it's going to take the fizz out of the game it's not gonna work for me, mainly talking about after a goal is scored, everyone now waiting for var before celebrating its not a good look.

16. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool became the first Premier League club to be involved in two penalty shootouts in the same month since Middlesbrough in February 2007.

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It's just The Super Cup...

thumb_92173_default_news_size_5.jpeg

The whole world should be more like Jürgen.

18. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

PGMOL helping Liverpool in Europe now. VAR only used for opposition.

19. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

VAR is only there to remove ‘clear and obvious errors’ by the on field referee.

The studio panel watched replays of that incident from all angles and couldn’t definitively decide whether there was contact or not. It therefore wasn’t possible for the VAR ref to call a clear and obvious error.

The crying from the likes of Astro here is embarrassing,

20. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

It looked like he catches him to me at full speed, happy with the ref thought she was spot on, let the game flow and wasn't scared to make decisions. We won so maybe I'd have a different point of view if we hadn't. :biggrin: