1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Vote LIBERAL DEMOCRAT

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Terror ball, Apr 22, 2015.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I'll look forward to seeing the Lib Dems decimated, as it was they that gave this despicable Tory Scum the mandate to turn the clocks back to Victorian times with food banks popping up every bloody where, even my bank Lloyds has a food basket?..............<ok>

PGFWhite likes this.
  3. DragonPhilljack

This could be a problem if a second election is needed the uncertainty would see the £ collapse against the €, which could ruin my summer holiday abroad....<laugh>

4. DragonPhilljack

Accept defeat gracefully, it's the sign of a strong man..............<cheers>

5. Terror ball

Terror ball Well-Known Member

I'm trying to have a debate myself, but that is difficult when a person (such as yourself for example) is sniping that the Lib Dems have behaved reprehensibly on tuition fees and is gleefully rubbing his hands together at the prospect of their demise yet hasn't got the guts to state which party he thinks would be more worthy of the vote.
    What's the big secret? Are you ashamed of who you will be voting for?

"THOSE ARE THE FACTS"
    -
    Got yourself a crystal ball now have you. Some polls have the Lib Dems only taking minimal damage. The Lib Dems may yet end up part of a coalition.

Somebody this spiteful, evasive and clueless has to be a Labour voter.
    A Labour voter who knows he hasn't got a leg to stand on <laugh>

6. Terror ball

Valley
    In your previous post you bemoaned the lack of honesty from the Tories and the Labour party regarding the likelihood of a coalition government being the result of this election.

The next post you are calling Clegg "a political whore" for being straight with the public that there will be a coalition/minority government and they need to think about what kind of coalition they want.

How's that work? :)

7. Terror ball

I'm not sure that somebody who needs to be told not to use racist language should be bandying the word "Scum" around myself.

8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Honesty and Clegg don't belong in the same sentence. If he is offered an opportunity to become DPM again, he will turn his back on his promises again and do a deal with the devil. He's just pimping himself out to the Tories and Labour again.
    The man cannot be trusted (just like the others) and the Lib Dems will be annihilated at the next election and then the Lib Dems party will kick him out. Nick Clegg had finally restored the Lib Dems as a credible party post David Lloyd George crisis, he then destroyed it all for personal ambition/glory.

9. DragonPhilljack

<laugh>....I think we should send your Tory coalition out to the front line against ISIS................<ok>

please log in to view this image

If I was allowed to, I'd say a hell of a lot stronger than what your PC sensitivities are crying over, that's for sure, jog on sunshine.............<ok>

10. Terror ball

People say they are sick of both Tory and Labour parties.
    A lot of people on here feel that way.

Well, I've got news for you...as more of you vote for smaller parties (or don't vote) you are increasing the likelihood of a coalition government.
    This should be viewed as a good thing if you genuinely are sick of the same political establishment and want fresh ideas and change.
    Coalition governments require deals being struck.
    To an extent all governments require deals being struck it's just that these deals are usually backroom deals between factions of the Tory and Labour parties.
    Coalition governments will result in deals being struck between partners who come from a different political philosophy.
    This requires compromise. From all sides.
    Everyone has to give way on their "principles" a little.

If you don't like it vote for the red team or the blue team and shut the **** up with the moaning is my advice.
    In a lot of countries people are mature enough to be able to handle coalition governments.
    Clearly the British aren't.

11. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

vote 1 SNP or if you cannot vote UKIP

12. Terror ball

I'm sorry mate but you are not making much sense.
    Do you want everyone to come clean that there will be a coalition government and they will have to compromise on their manifestos or don't you?

If by "pimping himself out to the Tories and Labour again" you mean, trying to secure a role in a coalition government in order that he can deliver on some of the things in his manifesto that the people who vote Liberal democrat support? then yes he is.

I wouldn't vote for the Lib Dems if it was led by someone who turned down the chance to put some of the policies into action as what would be the point?
    (Interestingly, Plaid Cymru had the opportunity to form a rainbow coalition in the Assembly not so long back...taking the lead role....they opted to be the junior partner in a coalition with Labour and lost votes at the next election. SNP on the other hand took their opportunity when it came, they formed a coalition when they finished second and Labour couldn't do a deal....they haven't looked back. Having proved themselves competent.)

The Lib Dems growing their vote was a long slow burn and had very little to do with Nick Clegg. He built on all his predecessors good work.
    He's a good man who did the right thing by the country and the right thing by his voters.
    It had nothing to do with "glory" as everyone who pays attention to these things knew full well that the junior partner gets **** on in a 2 party coalition. It was all about policy and providing stability to the country when we really ****ing needed it.

13. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I don't think anyone on here is moaning Terror. The title says vote Lib Dem and everyone else has challenged that by saying why should we vote for a party that betrayed students and future students by turning their back on their FLAGSHIP policy. Let's remember, it was their vision/goal to abolish tuition fees that made them popular again. Clegg then had the audacity to say that they 'shouldn't have made promises that they couldn't keep'.
    Nick Clegg signed the death warrant for the Lib Dems the day he voted through the trebling of tuition fees.
    He betrayed a large proportion of his voters for personal gain.

14. Terror ball

Am I to take from this that because some religious twats are behaving like animals it's ok for you to use words that are derogatory to black people?
    It's not ok Phillip so don't there's a good boy.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  15. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Treble tuition fees for a large percentage of his supporters and then saw it fair to support a £100,000 tax cut for the rich?

16. Terror ball

1) I'm enjoying everyone's contribution as it makes for a good debate and debating is how you get to the bottom of things.
    2) They didn't win the election and aren't a single issue party. They got the best deal they could, just like all parties involved in negotiations will do this time. That's not betrayal.
    3) It was 1 of their flagship policies. 1 that couldn't be afforded without scrapping trident, another of their flagship policies. Are we saying that they should have abandoned all of the policies they did get in to the agreement and instead insist on scrapping trident (despite most voters being against that) in order to keep some students happy?
    4) The Lib Dems had been growing their vote over many years. The improvement at that election was mainly down to the Labour party's perceived incompetence and the unpopularity of the Tory's. In short, some protest voters came over.
    5) They possibly made a misjudgement in that they wrote a manifesto, like the other parties, based on what they would like to do. Perhaps they should have foreseen that they might be involved in a coalition and only included policies that the other parties could stomach but then they would have been hampered severely. They laid out what they believed in just like the others and got what they could. I think he made a mistake by apologising, but there you go.
    6) The Lib Dems got some concessions on the Tuition fee policy that was brought in and as a consequence more students from disadvantaged backgrounds are going to uni and the payments for the average student have gone down. Only the rich pay more. That's what I call a result, and results are what is important after all <laugh>
    7) There was no personal gain only pain. He would have walked into it knowing that would be the case as well.

17. Terror ball

Lifting most of the people who work in Aberdare out of tax altogether? Creating jobs like never before in the Welsh economy? Making unpopular decisions in order to reduce our annual deficit from £160 billion to £90 billion?

The Labour party opposed every single cut yet are pledging to make further cuts in the next parliament.
    Anyone want to have a go at explaining that one away? Well anyone? :)

18. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

What jobs? The 0 hour type contracts, or the creation of part time minimum wage jobs etc? How about a raise in VAT, or national debt increasing to £1.5 trillion and borrowing more than £500 billion, or attacking the disabled with the 'bedroom tax'?
    All the while, £30 billion remains uncollected in tax avoidance.

19. Terror ball

On the jobs. They took millions of the lowest paid out of tax and this encouraged a lot of people to take these part time and self employed jobs as they now pay better. Most people are choosing this work.

This has helped our economy grow and helped rebalance the books as a lot of these jobs are in the private sector.
    There would be no economic growth without this Lib Dem policy. We're growing faster than Europe and America.

On VAT and the bedroom tax I think you are confusing the Lib Dems with the Tories.

The debt is the inheritance from Labour. These things take years to unwind.
    When you come to office amid the Euro crisis with a £160b per year deficit HAVING to cut spending the national debt is only going one way
    Not sure why so many people find that difficult to comprehend.

20. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

They supported it. They could have told the Tories to take those policies off the negotiating table.
    I'm not disputing the mess Labour left, I'm questioning why should anyone believe a word Clegg says when he betrayed students on his flagship policy of abolishing tuition fees to only then vote to treble it? That, too me, is unforgivable, and I think the election will show that. Tories, Labour and Lib Dems are the same, they only care about the City of London and the South East, which is why we need a strong turnout for Plaid and the SNP as they are the only parties fighting for Wales and Scotland respectively.
    A political shift is at hand and hopefully Wales and Scotland will hold the balance of power come May 7th.