1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Villa on Saturday

Discussion in 'Wigan' started by Tom_BCFC, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

In the relegation zone again this year <doh>, seems like this year is going to be another one of them relegation battles which I didn't really want for us seeing how we finished off the second half of last year

Results have been disappointing and with our opponents conceding a whooping 12 goals in two games, surely we should take advantage and get the 3 points which is easier said than done. We haven't been playing bad this season so I hope we get some positive results which match the performances.

Lets hope Saturday brings us a good result <ok>

2. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

Its been relegation zone time for some time now if we survive this season again then more than likely we`ll be back in our comfort zone but he`y enough about the good times let's give a mention about the villa game at the week end for me there two points to talk about the team and how they are playing and the ref and how he`ll be referring the game and maybe we`l get some fair decisions unlike the joker last weekend and know about the team all i have to say about that is what Martinez say`s same old same old,

3. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Apparently we have exactly the same points, WLDs and goal difference as we had last season after 19 games. I dunno about you lads but I was shocked to hear that. I remember the misery of the first half of last season - week after week the performances were dire. This time out our performances have felt much, much better. The only difference of course is the injuries - we've gone as high as eight first team squad players out. Having all four of our first choice centre backs out must have had a big effect. Had we beaten - for instance - QPR and got something from games like Norwich and West Brom we wouldn't be quite as badly off.

Villa broke our hoodoo over them last season. Until then they had never beaten us at Villa Park. Who can forget the "National Mockery" of our 2-0 win over them when we first got into the PL. ("O'Leary to Jewell - I hope you stay up - Jewell to O'Leary - I hope you do too"). In spite of that spat they've always been one of the clubs and grounds that I just really like going to. Really friendly supporters and the Holte End is one of the great home fans stands - but in recent years we've all noticed them falling out of love with their club a wee bit? Anyway, they will be pumped to get a victory over us today. They need to rebuild their confidence after those two tonkings and they're spending yet another season at what they'll consider to be the wrong end of the table. We're still, in spite of that long hoodoo and in spite of earning our stay in the PL with good football, a team they'll expect to beat. So should be interesting..

Caldwell and Ramis are likely to be back, but they'll be lacking match fitness and I don't think will be as dependable yet as they have been. Maloney is starting to hit some form again and that could be the crucial factor.

4. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

3-0 win, great stuff :), Villa are in deep trouble now, 15 goals against in 3 games <yikes>

5. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Just a great day, we didn't even play that well, only putting it together in fits and spurts. If you're a Villa fan you've got to be concerned about what's going to happen to your team.

Gary and Ivan, welcome back. I mean, really - WELCOME.

:)

6. fromthestands

fromthestands Member

BLOODY Latics every time i say something negative about my team they turn around and throw it back in my face. ****ing great win by the latics and it takes us out of the relegation zone lets hope we stay there because we've got Man u next and the refs are so unpredictable when way play them
    KEEP THE FAITH.