1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Wigan

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Apr 22, 2022.

1. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I appreciate that Plym, I’m not entirely stupid, and from memory the 6-1 was against a side that were already relegated.

But believe me, there’s no side in this league we CAN’T beat. That isn’t to say there’s a guarantee, or to say we WILL win, it will be hard, but with a packed Home Park, I fancy our chances.

3. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Wow..i needed two cups of coffee to settle me down after that game..plus a dash of Bailys.
    Next Saturday i will need the Bailys before the game..

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Try a bottle of Bailys with two dashes of coffee.

5. notDistantGreen

So 12.30 BST minus 8 hours… bit early to be starting on the whiskey liqueurs lol but would be acceptable if it still qualifies as after dinner drinks….

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You might be thinking of the away game against Hartlepool some years back notdistant which was 8 - 1.

Don't know what's the matter with you lot it's a bleddy game of football for christ sake not life or death, If it is to be then it will be if not we will be back next season with a clean sheet to start again.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You might be thinking of the away game against Hartlepool some years back notdistant which was 8 - 1.

Don't know what's the matter with you lot it's a bleddy game of football for christ sake not life or death, If it is to be then it will be if not we will be back next season with a clean sheet to start again.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

So my computer decides to develop a stutter again................. Either that or it's shaky finger syndrome.

9. notDistantGreen

No. At home. Looked it up. April 17th 2017. Argyle 6 -1 Newport 1. First time we took my putative son in law: he took my ticket in the Lyndhurst, I got one of the last ones in the Barn Park End. Ryan Taylor scored with a back heel from 4 yards at that end in the the 2nd half.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Forgot that one.

11. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Question...did we bottle it first half or were totally annihilated? we needed the points more than them tbh and should have been all over them for once in a first half. If by some miracle we make the playoffs we will struggle unless their attitude changes...
    PS...don't need another Don's final if that happens

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Without Edwards and Camara a draw at Wigan can be seen as a success......we have picked up injuries to important players at the most vital time of the season.

James Bolton proved he was an adequant replacement in defence.....but we have lost him for the rest of the season....earlier in the season we lost Brendan Galloway to a nasty injury.....he was a classy player.....so cover for Gillesphey, Scarr and Wilson is rather bare.....but they have been the mainstay of our success this season.....our mid-field is limited... and without Duracell Bunny Camara breaking up the oppositions attacks from mid-field it is very limited in supporting our strikers ...who in recent weeks have looked quite limited in their goal scoring endeavours......They are not over played with four of them sharing most games between them......which generally means we are limited throughout the rest of the team with the one remaining substitute.

Schumacher and his staff have found the key in making Danny Mayor a more effective player since Lowe jumped ship.....although his end product can still be frustrating.....there is not enough goals coming from mid-field.

If we have Edwards and Camara back for Saturdays crucial final League game we have a chance of making the play-offs......Tuesday nights games will be followed with interest....the right results could ease Argyles task.

13. notDistantGreen

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Oh dear.....just what we don't need to hear.....I don't fancy another Wembley no turn up like the last time.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's that feckin Argyle jinx again isn't it. We played without Camara and won two matches when he was away so to be fair there is no reason why we can't still win a few more. Rather have him than not have him however.

16. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Can't remember such a close finish.. Tuesdays results will have a huge effect on Argyles chances.
    Next Saturday is a 4am start for me...i will be there.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Match or better Wycombe result and we are in no matter what Tuesday's games throw up. See you've got me doing permutations now.

18. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

we (SAFC) won there 3-0 ! anyhow you beat M K Dons and let us get that 2nd spot lads, you can beat Rotherham etc and win the play offs. this is our season now we are flying having Pritchard and Mcgeady back would have finished 2nd but for a bad run.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yep and we beat Bolton at Bolton and you lost 6 - 0 so your point is? We will worry about our results and you worry about yours monty. I wouldn't count your chickens before it's confirmed you have a play off place and even then I wouldn't boast about Wembley before it happens and then with your record at the twin towers I wouldn't get excited about winning promotion at all just yet. You might even lose both your remaining games and blow it completely. We on the other hand are chilled. We make it/we don't make it. Whatever.

20. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Remember 4years or so back when got promotion to L1 and had a good season only to need a win/draw away to secure a playoff place but again team never showed up for the game and were pipped.....don't do it on Sat!!!