1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Walsall

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2-1...F/T.........:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance.

PGFWhite likes this.
  2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Lol I must have been nervous. Spent last 10 mins posting in Predictions thread!

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Well, 3 points and we would have been a complete basket case had we not got them. Walsall are crap. We started well and it looked like we would take the lead in the near futurte or drekly as is said in janner land. But, somehow we managed to become Walsall II and the game decended into hoofball. They lumped it up and we lumped it back. Not a very good spectacle at all for a very cold damp Tuesday. Halftime arrived at last and it was 0 - 0. We had not had one shot on target that I could remember but Letheren had pulled off at least one decent save point blank again. If they had scored it would have been a travesty.

Onto the second half and to be honest it was just the same. However, a Carey free kick and his delivery was spot on. Edwards nodded in and we tooke the lead. Second goal was a repeat of the first. Carey free kick and this time Canavan nodded in with a diving header. We should have gone on from that but it was not to be. Somehow we managed not to put in any sort of tackle at all and their No.9 went backwards and forwards around the penalty area and finaly managed a shot which went in. Bizaar is all I can say. After that there was very little that was going to change the result and it was actually a more comfortable one goal win than it maybe looks.

On to the officials. I get fed up with having to mention them but tonight's Ref actually managed to take the biscuit completely. He was by far the worst Referee I have ever seen. If we think people like Sargenson and Kettle are bad then we must never have seen this one before. He singularly managed to give them a load of free kicks that clearly should have been the other way. He singularly didn't give free kicks on a load of occasions that he clearly should have. I think the bloke should go live in SpecSavers let alone visit them. The number of free kicks he missed was just plain stupid. He not only missed them but immediately gave the opposition a free kick for pretty much the same think straight away. Ladapo was fouled so many times it was almost cruel and he got virtually nothing all night. They targeted Lameiras it was obvious. He got so little protection it was also cruel. His bookings of Argyle players was again bizaar. He would ignore the same offence the other way and not give anything and then book one of our's for the same offence within seconds. He missed a stonewall penalty for Carey or rather just waved it away when it was such an obvious decision. I have to say that if we had lost this match there would have been a riot. Instead we won it despite the man and the chants at the end even though we won were "you're not fit to Referee" and "You don't know what you're doing". That's at the end folks after we won not during although he was given that during as well. I despair with these officials I really do.

4. notDistantGreen

Your "worst referee ever" remarks were all over Twitter throughout the game so it's not just you Sensible!

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Out of 304 votes on pasoti...only 12 voters gave more than 5 out of 10 for the Refs performance.....you generally don't get that many people ever voting....just shows how fans were incensed by his performance.

Remember John Busby.... definitely voted the worst referee this season at Home Park.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Why are they getting away with it, surely the brown envelope gang at the FA seee and hear these comments?

He should stay home in the garden ,,, surely there are some better refs at this level.. :emoticon-0107-sweat

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams didn't comment on the referee's performance last night.

Remember Busby was the ref who red carded both Adams and Chris Powell the Southend manager at the beginning of the season.

Having been down the 'Valley' when Powell was in charge of Charlton a few times....I found him a pleasant and likeable manager.....but of course Busby would book a feather and ignore a bulldozer that's how the man seems to be.

8. notDistantGreen

Adams did say though managers weren't allowed to speak about referees but that the fans has spoken very clearly on his performance. How to say it without saying it!

9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

iI am still baffled as to what the feck the bloke thought he was doing if indeed he thought at all. My comments above are not exagerated in any way. He was just terrible all game and got worse as the game went on. I may get mad if a Ref gets something wrong but I do generally accept they are bound to make some mistakes but Busby made an art form out of it. We would have been better off with Frank Spencer. All I can say it's a good job we won because had we lost I would not have been surprised if somebody somewhere jumped the barriers and decked the pillock. We would have been in real trouble then. I have never heard so many people making Referee comments as that game and they were still ranting about him walking away from th ground instead of the actual result.

10. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

As was i. Shouting from the top of Rocky Mountains.