1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Southend

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1-3.....Cox (Pen).....86 minute.

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Kelman...92 minutes....2-3......oh heck.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle win......3-2.....phew...that got uncomfortable.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm going for a lay down now.................

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Soft penalty for handball, given by the lino and Letherern lobbed from close to the halfway line for the second. Stay on your line you idiot!

7. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Ball to hand on my computer

8. notDistantGreen

PS it's ironic because either at the Accrington or Oxford games, we were denied a handball penalty at the Devonport End where I was sitting when the lino was looking straight at it. Today... we lose one due to a lino who can see a handball, or imagine one.

9. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Good game to watch, Argyle playing well, never a doubt to win. Then.
    A poor penalty that wasn't deserved, and a kick from the halfway found the goalie off his line.
    Points coming now, ready to move up.
    A good team selection.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

According to Radio Devon it never hit a hand at all. Haven't seen anything of the game so no idea. We won. Bank the points and move on to next. Good result and apparently more than deserved. Did see their second on Sky goal rush. What a cock up and if that had cost us I think Letheren should have disposed of himself on the crossbar. It didn't so he is saved.

11. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

A curious day out and match. Left Plymouth at 0730 thinking M25 might be difficult but got to the ground before 1230. Friendly & hospitable people at an 'old fashioned' ground , but one that I quite like. We were excellent from front to back- they were ravaged by injuries. At 3-0 up it was just a question of whether we would add a couple more to aid the goal difference. A very dubious penalty made it 3-1 and the worldy from the 17 year old debutante 3-2, and an uncomfortable least few minutes. Not sure Kyle had a shot to save (except for the wind assisted worldy). Eddie had his best game for a very long time - headed absolutely everything. No sign of defensive frailties, and up front Ruben, Freddie and CG10 created havok. Big shout out to Ash S-M who was also outstanding. The league table suddenly looks a whole lot better. Back by 11 despite drooping off No 2 at Reading en-route-hope the cameras weren't loaded.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Blimey Lyndy, have you got a Ford GT or a McLaren.....and I don't mean a Maclaren Stroller (pram)....did you go anti clockwise on the M25....because that might be why it got a little breezy whilst we where on our morning walk up at High Elms (M25 only three miles away)....I assume you didn't stop for a coffee in Reading on the way home.

PS.....Unless you've got a Bugatti Veyron of course.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  13. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Took a shower with 10mins. to go or so thinking thats it....when saw final result couldn't make out it was 3 or 8 to them as never had glasses on but fortunately held on! Funny old game....

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Derek Adams was quite lyrical about Argyle's performance yesterday....the disappointing thing was with four minutes to go we had reduced our goal difference by 3 goals.....an iffy penalty and a fluky wind assistant punt later and it was down to only one....which is a shame....because our minus goal difference at the moment is worth a point against us at the present time.

15. notDistantGreen

You are right of course but I'll take 7 points out of the last 9.

Coventry have only 3 points from their last 6 away games so my fingers are crossed for next Saturday...

16. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

It was just bizarrely very quiet in both ways, although I must confess that I have just traded my trusty Zafira for a new BMW and was testing it a little. No, no coffee in reading, I slowed down a little and kicked him out!

17. notDistantGreen

You did remember the fixed speed cameras at the M4/M5 interchange didn't you......

Just watched the highlights, never a penalty. Not only was Edwards' hand close to his thigh, not extended, he was unsighted behind 2 or 3 other players when the shot was struck. He didn't have time to handle it deliberately even if he wanted to!!

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Have to say I couldn't even see who was suppsed to have handled it. How they came up with a lino who could even see that far let alone make a decision god alone knows. I have never seen one at Home Park for years. We won. That's the main thing.