1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Scunthorpe

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Aug 23, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't care what he tweets notdistant it was unacceptable and to appologise after it's far too late is not worth a fig. He should have known better despite the provocation and there was a lot of that. Argyle players need to get canny themselves. If the opposition sits on the floor when it suits and takes all day to take a kick and falls down at every possible opportunity then they have to learn to do the same. I absolutely hate it when this sort of thing goes on but away from home I couldn't care less as I'm not paying to go there. They need to make the most of contact because it seems to me that if you don't fall down and roll about you get nothing. I have read since that there might not of been any actual contact with the nutting which is what I'm actually saying here. They got a massive result from acting not football.

With the rugby plym at least there was no sign of any acting there. Just plain old hard fought sport with no quarter given. The NZ ladies were immense. They outplayed our girls and thoroughly deserved their win. The English played no small part in the game and it was a real treat to watch. Sport wins when it's like that.

Bromley???? Who cares sorry.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

As may be, but compare and contrast Sarecvic's apology with that ****er Maddison at Peterborough.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Who cares sensible....I do.....Bromley have gone from Isthmian League to being second in the National League.....and touching distance of the FL Div 2.....only two miles from here....so just a little interest.....remember my parents moved here when I was 14 yrs old so I have some interest.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Watched the match highlights......the sending off isn't shown clear enough to be able to judge if Sarcevic had been provoked.....he had to go and maybe Madden as well.......the first goal, the rebound off of Luke and the crossbar could have gone anywhere.......the last two showed how Argyle had run out of steam.....acres of space for the 4th goal scorer.
    Sarcevic made Argyles cause harder.....but lady luck wasn't in Argyles corner even with 10 men.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I agree that he has done the right thing to appologise notdistant but it doesn't change the effect it had which is my point. He is a professional who knows the consequences of actions like that. He should have known better before the act. That was the reason it was 4 - 0 and an even bigger injustice.

I can tell you that there was a good deal of provocation prior to the head incident. It wasn't just a case of him trying to butt the other bloke for absolutely no reason. It should have been plain for the lino to see whilst the Ref was sorting something elsewhere. The lino stood there and did nothing. Had the official acted in a proper manner then I think the incident would not have happened. A bit too much to expect from this bunch of useless knobs. I watched Football on 5 to see if I could make anything out of it but agree it shows nothing at all. I sit right opposite where this took place though and saw it plainly anyway. Madden should have been sent off as well but was too good an actor for that to happen. We must learn to do the deeds ourselves in this league. It seems the only way sadly.

6. notDistantGreen

It's clear to me that this is a tough old league, significantly tighter than League 2. Any mistake, OG, red card whatever is going to be very costly.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
  7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Message for plym,................Bromley lost again. (but I still don't care)

Had a bit of trouble logging into this site this evening. Beginning to think it wasn't going to start. Anyway, I supppose it's only logical that this league would be harder than the last. It ought to be the higher you go. I still think even after a day to reflect that we must learn to be as disruptive and canny as the rest of them. Mr nice guy clearly isn't going to win prizes so my blessing to cheat if you have to. Charlton didn't do it against us and tried to win the game by playing football. Scunthorpe won by more foul means than fair but you cannot argue with the fact it worked for them however much we might loathe it. We aren't going to get good Referees either and the linos just might as well not be there for all the decision making they do or assistance they give. Adams has to learn from these games as to how it is in this league and take it to the training ground if necessary.

8. notDistantGreen

Can't agree with cheat if you have to....

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It sticks in my gut as well notdistant but losing that way over and over is only going to end in one thing. Whilst on a personal level I would want it different, rather than get relegated by being angelic I will accept not going down being a tad wicked. How utterly sad that it comes to this.

10. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

My brother has said that in some footage showing the scene before the head butt Madden is seen to have grabbed Sarcevic by the throat.

The ref was watching on so no doubt he "didn't see anything" again - I said I would give him a chance and I did (I did not shout for over 20 mins), he had no command or authority in the game and failed to crack down on time-wasting and the blatant "Carey's legs targeting" by certain Scunthorpe players (there were several nasty fouls on him with no punishments I noticed). I hope he does not have an Argyle game again for a long time.

As far as I am concerned, Sarcevic should have known better but the ref should have broken it up earlier and not let Sarcevic and Madden continue.

On a possible positive note: I really hope that this gives Lameiras his chance to shine and show us what he can do.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017