1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Peterborough

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Aug 9, 2022.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Looks like a good half based on the stats… so far.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1-0...H/T.

3. notDistantGreen

Well satisfactory first half and better than I feared after the last 2 results. We’ve had more of the ball so hopefully the 30 degree heat is bearing a bit more on them than us.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-0...Hardie penalty...65mins.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-0...F/T

Now that was a confidence boosting win.

Mumba won his second penalty this season.....and Hardie put it away again.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Mumba did NOT win a penalty he was absolutely nailed on no dispute fouled and it was inside the box. I have seldom seen a more blatant penalty than that one. Mumba for me was MOM and he never really let up all game. He tackled well and overlapped well and crossed well.

This result was no fluke. Argyle were at it from the start and although it took them about 15 or so minutes to get really into it they did and deserved their win today. I was a bit apprehensive before kick off given the result on Wednesday and the heat. I should not have worried. There was a chap from Sussex down for the weekend sat next to me. He had passed the ground a number of times and said he was curious to come in and see the rest of it. He was a pro once upon a time for Southend back in the day and was most complimentary about the greens. A few wayward passes but generally he thought they played the right way, put in the effort and passed rather than hoofed it. He also thought they were well worth their points and were on top for the dmajority of the game. The REF was pants and the Lyndhurst Lino was behind play for most of it having missed numerous off sides in the first half. However he did manage to see the blatant penalty and flag for it. Desp[ite them it was a very good day at the office. Very pleased this evening.

7. notDistantGreen

Nice to see your match report Sensible: worth 10 from the newspapers etc. Sounds similar to Barnsley: also well deserved.

Bed time, hot. windows open. Seagulls woke me this morning: now seem to have opera coming in. Central Park, if they’ve got the tent pegs out of the gas main?

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Try to say what I see notdistant and this was a pleasing game. Considering the temperature I have to give both sides credit for the effort but more credit to /argyle who gave more throughout.

9. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

It was a great game to watch Mr S. my very early coffee was needed for sure.
    At least Tuesday will be a better time for me.