1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Peterborough

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Aug 3, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hang on there's an echo in the room.....:D

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I say there's an echo............

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You need new batteries sensible.

4. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Well 1 down 45 to go. How we came away with nil points I have no idea. Good journey both ways which is more than can be said for the team who didn't arrive in P'boro until 2am-but no excuses there. Green tinted no doubt but I thought we played really well and apart from some cynical time wasting and play acting in the second half, some abject refereeing, and the result, it was a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. The line up was fairly predictable although I thought he might have found room somehow for Lameiras-a real class act. That their MOTM was the keeper speaks volumes- we could have easily scored 2 or three more. First goal was one of those things really, I expect Luke will be disappointed but it did take a big deflection. Blatant push on Bradly led to their 2nd-no idea why the lino/ref didn't give anything. Derek was apoplectic. I really thought we were going to grab a draw but their keeper was outstanding and it wasn't to be. The injury to Ryan Taylor is worrying-not worried about not having a goal scoring forward-there are plenty of goals elsewhere in the team, but his hold up play and physical presence will be missed (if his injury keeps him out). Everyone did well but special mentions to Gary Sawyer, Ry Edwards, Lionel & Sarcevic. Carey not at his best but hasn't been all pre season-though always likely to pop up with something special. Downsides are the injury to Ryan T. Gary sawyer was struggling towards the end and some worrying (unsubstantiated) claims that Sonny Bradley spat on one of their players.
    Really well looked after by Peterborough and met Barry Fry which was entertaining!
    Might sound slightly odd but I feel more positive about the season following the loss than than I did at 3pm.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Thanks Lyndy for your views....Bristol City sound as if it could be a tough game in mid-week, seeing they won 3-1.

6. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Yes , It will be interesting to see what team he puts out....looking forward to it though as it is a cracking stadium..

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I read the spitting thing on pasoti. View on there is that the dip stick who is making the claim was a right diving fainting prick who was the sole reason for most if not all of the extra time. Those who were there seem to think this is bollox and those that have seen "the video" cannot see where or when this spitting took place. All they see is Bradley having a pop at this bloke for laying on the turf for the upteenth time. I haven't seen a video and nor was I there. However, whilst I could accept easily that Bradley is a wind up merchant at times, Liverpool ear massage being one example, I find it hard to believe he would do what he is being accused of. I just don't think that is him at any level. I read that this was aired on social media by the player. I have no time for people like that. If you have a complaint then make it in a proper manner and you don't go whining to the world via that outlet. If the evidence for this isn't there then I hope he gets done for lying.

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Late on, the radio commentary made the point that Maddison had gone down in a dishonest attempt to win a free kick and had stayed down feigning injury when the ref ignored him. Apparently this is a regular occurrence with this individual, to the extent that some of the Peterborough fans are openly acknowledging he's a diver on Twitter.

Argyle then went forward against 9 outfield players and Wylde scored.

I think that was the occasion when Bradley is supposed to have spat at him while he was writhing in agony. More likely I suspect Bradley politely pointed out that he'd just cost his team a goal...

9. poshfan

poshfan Well-Known Member

I agree Madison is a diver but if your player spat at him I hope he gets a long ban
    I would if it was a posh player .
    Madison is a flair player but dives and crys to much rather have someone else than him
    I think your keeper should have got his hand to our first goal
    and the second look at it again wasn't a foul your man tried to make out he been kicked
    any way best for the rest of the season you just need a striker .....take Madison off us please

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The video I think shows McCormick getting his hand to it and pushing into the side netting of the goal.

11. notDistantGreen

If he spat I agree with you. Having seen Sonny Bradley many times, I doubt he is that sort of player.

12. notDistantGreen

In fact, if he spat, I don't want him at this club. But I don't think he did.

13. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

No place in sport for any person that spits.. Awful to see and hope fully he is not done this. If he has Bye... :emoticon-0146-punch

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I watched the goals on Channel 5 today. The first goal was just plain unlucky. Luke did indeed get his hands to it and if anything it went in off him so the OG perhaps should have his name on it. It was a wicked deflection though and on another day would not have gone anywhere near the net. The second goal was following a challenge on Bradley which the officials found to be legal. Now the first thing I would say is Bradley going down was soft. The second though is that 9 times out of 10 the Ref gives a foul for the challenge which was a push in the back.

There was no particular mention of a spitting incident on the programme and nothing seems to have appeared anywhere else yet. I do not believe Bradley spat at this bloke. That is not his style at all and he is more likely to give him a winder round his ear than that. If I thought Bradley did the deed then I would be the first to condemn him. We shall see where this goes but my best guess is nowhere. As for the player concerned it seems that the laying on the floor thing is as rife in league one as it was in league 2.

15. notDistantGreen

Maddison is apparently world champion quality for diving and could easily dive for a Premier League club. I can't wait for him to appear at Home Park.....

It's one of those suspiciously convenient ones isn't it? Goes down writhing as though shot after an innocuous challenge which the ref doesn't even see as a foul. 15 mins to play, 2-0 up but the opposition on top and looking likely to score. How convenient.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bradley probably gave the player an earful...and spluttered all over him as you tend to do in those circumstances.....not quite spitting....but even the Peterborough fans reckon their new player is primo-donna Rada acting student.....end of case.....or seeing he used social media..... give him a juicy fine.

17. notDistantGreen

The BBC are saying Peterborough have submitted something to the FA on the alleged spitting.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You are giving credence to something by suggesting any spit was involved at all plym. I do not believe any of it.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Apparently the FA are investigating the claim. The player allegedly involved is "unnamed". If Peterborough are not prepared to make a formal complaint then why are the FA even bothering. I have yet to see any evidence anywhere that points to this being true. Until I do then I am still not prepared to believe that Bradley, who it seems is the one with a finger pointing in his direction, is involved in anything of the sort or is capable of being involved. When this is thrown out then I hope the FA have the balls to throw the book at the accuser.

20. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

The FA will do nothing to the accuser, well Mr Fry is to well in with them.. he has already sent the envelope.. he has given them a few over the years no doubt with his big mouth opening. As yet i cant seem to see any problem or spitting.. hope fully there was none. If there was a case and its proven, throw the book at the offender.. :emoticon-0119-puke: