1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Northampton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Oct 15, 2020.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

And Frank Nouble when asked if he expected to be in the top 6 merely says "yes".

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Four cameras were being used last week because we saw that later on....and it made the game more interesting to watch.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I keep saying this. It is not down to Argyle that there is only one camera in use. It is down to iFollow. Not up on all the technical stuff but I believe it is to do with their capacity when showing it live. I'm sure the club could explain in a bit more detail and probably have by now.

One factor you may well have not taken into the reckoning plymborn. They had 16 shots. When exactly did they have them? Before or after it was no longer 0 - 0? They came for a point and nothing else from the outset. As soon as they equalised they returned to their negative ways. How often did our keeper have to work hard to make a save? Answer is not very and even if a ball trickles into his gloves but he is standing between the posts that counts as on target and a shot.

I despair sometimes. What is it about old blokes and Argyle. When I used to take my son in his youth there was a bloke on the football bus going home who used to moan for England about the game. Argyle won 6 - 0 one day and he was still moaning on. "They should have had at least 7 or 8" was his moan. There is one who sits behind us when we can go who does nothing but gripe throughout the game. Somehow Argyle are always lucky no matter what the score or how well they have played. A player has a breakaway and goes on his own at top speed. He pings in a shot and it misses at the far post. "Oh there was nobody there again" he moans meaning at the back post. No concept of it being a breakaway at all. I actually think that if we scored at every single attempt but one throughout the game and it was 19 - 0 he would be going on about the one we missed. Lighten up for christ sake and give the team some credit.

4. notDistantGreen

There are always as many opinions as there are fans. One thing never lies and that's the table. We are newly promoted and we are 6th.

Also, we are set on an attacking entertaining style. We'll concede goals other teams might not but we score some they won't. I feel confident we'll win more than we lose. Taking it all together, I've rarely felt happier as an Argyle fan.

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The table is the end product I agree....and it is showing us doing well....but the table is unbalanced at present....it shows that some clubs have played four games at home and others have played four away.....I'm not sure how that has happened ?......Argyle at the moment have only played two away games with only one point gained....and that after being 4-2 down.....next Saturday will be interesting to see how we are placed....with a trip tomorrow to high flying Lincoln and then a trip next Saturday to Wigan......that's a lot of traveling required....if we break even from that... then that will surely be a good indicator of how we are doing.

I do feel that our defence is lacking....I thought that when Aimson was fit and playing regulary...that that would be a cementing situation....but not so...he did do the same as Wootton and have that dodgy moment or two.....okay they might need to become more trusting of each other to develop confidence....young Kelland Watts is settling in and becoming more established....and came in well from the back post to score on Saturday.

Still cannot make sense of Timmy Abraham being brought in....literally no experience at all and less than a hundred minute of league football under his career belt.We do have Hardie, Telford & Lolos on the books....maybe Lolos needs game time like Jephcott got last year....how about a few months down Truro with Wotton to help him...it certainly paid off for Jephcott.

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep but has nobody told you that it is against the law to be "happy" as an Argyle fan notdistant. The amount of dripping I read on these football boards is just ridiculous. You would think we have lost all the games to read some contributions. People ought to learn to try talking their team up instead of down sometimes.

7. notDistantGreen

And let's remember that this is a League 1 that includes Ipswich, Hull, Sunderland, Charlton, Wigan and Portsmouth.

I'm not suggesting in any way that they are superior to us but that isn't entirely normal!