1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus MK Dons

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The ball crosser actually stood still for quite a few seconds before delivering the ball....the problem was that our defenders were standing there flatfooted and Jerome had all the time in the world to pick his spot....a good strikers goal.....we have no strikers that can score like that.

Since somehow scoring four against Lincoln (who by the way are crap at the moment) we have lost five...scored twice and given nine away....and three of those game were against beatable opponents.

What will Lowe do about it ?.....we need a minimum of 5 or 6 points.....he might get away from his first relegation by the skin of his teeth....and of course they could start playing like champions and win every game.....there just isn't any logic in how Argyle play.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Ironically if Defender 1 had stood there flat footed, he'd have been ideally placed. Unfortunately, he decided to leave their primary striker unmarked.

The other question is of course "Where's Opoku?". He's the central one of the three and so on Jerome there in the middle is where you'd expect to find him.

The answer is he's followed a runner beyond the near post. I'm not qualified to comment on that.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ironically Opoku is 6ft 5in tall....ideal to counteract Jerome and his headed goal......:headbang:.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I appreciate that no plan reaches beyond first contact with the enemy but that's why my analogy of the table football game is important. If the back three stay in shape, then there's every chance they'll be in the right place in all phases of the game.

I have sympathy with Fornah. He's probably thinking "I'm not supposed to be here marking their striker, I'm supposed to be tracking the runners" and for an instant he starts to move that way. Meanwhile, you'll also notice Kelland Watts is nowhere to be seen. Of the three, only Will Aimson is on station at the near post.

That's all it takes..............