1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus MK Dons

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 18, 2020.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Surely the crap has to end sometime?

2. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Will you be at the game Saturday.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Are you trying to wind me up BC?

Not allowed a ticket for the game as there is only 2000 and it will be the same 2000 for every game they play at home. They decided that the first ones to renew their season tickets would get all the entries on a first come first served basis. My son did the buying this season and he had problems getting through on day one. He works and couldn't just sit there all day so it was about day 3 when he managed to do the deed. Far too late to get anywhere near entry to the ground even if we were in a higher tier. There can only be 2000 in at the moment but if we go to tier one then that could be doubled. Still not sure if we would get in even then. We get home games free on ifollow as a concession for buying a season ticket and not getting in. I go to his house and watch it with him so realistically we pay twice for the same game. I can't do all that technology stuff anyway so if he wasn't there I wouldn't even be able to do that. I sit in his front room with a very large glass of wine and curse mostly. At least he buys the wine.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This must be self defeating for the club accepting the same 2000 every home game.....that leaves roughly 3000 every home game chewing at the bit and pushing their patience just too far and either asking for their ST money back....or even considering not buying a ST next season.

In this computer age it surely is'nt impossible for a rolling 2000 to be chosen for each game....working it's way through the list....and then starting the next 2000 at the point where it finished the last game....and then starting from the beginning again.....and even allowing a few non-ST holders as well.

Of course a few ST holders might be quietly pleased at the moment that they are not getting the chance to watch a losing team at the moment.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

It's not just a question of rolling through the list: it's organising them into household groups and the spacing between them, recirculating any places turned down by their original recipients, arranging arrival time slots and communicating all this to those concerned whilst keeping the authorities happy you are doing it correctly.

I do think there could have been three core groups of say 1,700 each which alternated on a 3 match cycle but I suspect it's not half as easy as it sounds,

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Do we know how other clubs are doing it ?

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cooper, Watts, Aimson, Canavan, Edwards, MacLeod, Grant, Mayor, Camara, Hardie, Jephcott.

Subs
    McCormick, Wootton, Nouble, Telford, Moore, Reeves, Fornah.

Back to his favourite system....will he find success at the seventh attempt.

8. notDistantGreen

No George Cooper then and Byron Moore and Tyrese Forah dropped to the bench from the starting 11 v Crewe. The guilty men?

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Started listening to an interview with Simon Hallett....and iFollow go into a 5 minute ad break....just came back in time to hear him say good-bye.....don't you just love adverts

10. notDistantGreen

Rip-roaring start from Argyle.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-0...H/T

Argyle playing well....but no cigar.

Camara breaking up MK's attacking moves.....good ball winner....one good steal when defending.

Hardie everywhere....definately using Duracell batteries today.

Jephcott quiet at the moment.

Will MK change things around at half-time....and will Lowe be able to adapt.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  12. notDistantGreen

Terrific first half. All eleven working their proverbials off and really rattling a distinctly second best MK Dons, hunting them down all over the pitch.

But at 0-0.........

13. notDistantGreen

Dons distinctly not now second class. This is where Ryan Lowe needs to ring yhe changes to react to whatever the opposition have done.

14. notDistantGreen

Why have we got McLoed taking corners? He's the defensive midfield anchor. If they break away, we don't want him stuck out there.

15. notDistantGreen

1-0 Hardie. Yesssssssss!

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0...F/T...Hardie...68 minutes.

17. notDistantGreen

So much better from Argyle. Probably should have scored more, especially as that could have given me 3 prediction points. Great start to the Xmas programme. No MotM. All stars today.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

MoM....Panutche Camara.....ran himself ragged....just about able to walk off when substituted.....saved a possible goal when he managed to rob the forward in front of goal.....I like the way he seems to be able to pick the pocket of a player and take the ball off them.

Hardie also covered a lot of ground....and hassled them with his speed.

Grant also put in a good shift.

Mayor did his share....but lost the ball when he was in a really good position to shoot.

Jephcott should have opened the scoring when fed the ball with only the keeper to beat....and then missed the target.

No one played badly and they pressured the Dons really well.

Just a worry or two at the beginning of the second half when MK upped the tempo and forced us back....bur we didn't buckle luckily.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

This was the right result despite making it look a lot harder than it should have been. The one stat at half time was the 0 on target one. We had plenty of efforts but didn't make their keeper save anything. Still not going to carp about the result we all wanted happening for once. Also a plus for me was that Hardie scored. He so desperately needed a goal. He should have tee'd Jephcott up for an open goal but decided to waste the opportunity. Jephcott should have scored apart from that and fluffed his lines when he was the one player you wanted on the end of the chance. Didn't think MK Dons were that bad a team. Not great but not bad. My MOM would also be Camara who was tireless. If only he could control some of his passing and shots on goal he would be some player. Defence were adequate. Still managed to make mistakes though and a better side might have punished us for it. You do wonder sometimes what they see when they pass a ball. Lowe was visibly chuffed at the end pumping his fist. Mightily relieved no doubt.

20. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Great result but the mind still boggles....just hope we keep it up!