1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Luton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Nov 15, 2018.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh great. Now Adams will claim we drew the second half against a top side.

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Misery over the Ref has declared it a no contest and thrown in the towel himself.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Luton edged it.....24 shots on goal.....13 on target.....10 corners......something not quite right in the Argyle camp..... no defence it seems.

At least Sonny failed to score.....drop him.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Luton's seventh home win...plus two draws and no defeats....Their biggest home win of the season.

5. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

What happened to DA's interview saying it's up to us to go out and take the game to them. Joke!

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the goals on Sky.....sit down before you watch it, painful stuff.....but Grant scored a great goal for Argyle....but no celebrating it after I wonder why ?

7. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Didn't travel but watched on iFollow-we looked as bad as the score line suggests.

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Weren't you the lucky one then lyndie. But, unike the travelling faithful you would at least have travelled for free and not paid for an entry ticket. Have they announced the refud yet? I just realised why Adams gave that "Don't blame the Manager" interview to the Herald on Friday. Was obviously getting in his defence early having had a forwarning of what was to come. Who would we want to blame this time then. We must be running out of people on the list by now. Watch out lyndie you might be next.

9. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Adams has taken responsibility as manager but lambasted the players for not turning up.

Not too sure how you reconcile the two statements but I suppose he can only send out the best 11 he's got. God knows he doesn't seem to have a lot of options.

The radio commentary suggested Luton did us tactically in the 1st half, sitting deep to draw us forward and then hitting hard and fast into the space behind us. Is that over confidence? Shouldn't we have parked the bus even if that produced a sterile 0-0?

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

If you look at the stats it doesn't look much like attacking football does it. The first half stats were so telling. His best 11? Well he brought them here so he is at fault whichever way you look at it. We are only halfway through November and already our season is over and the only thing we are likely to achieve is relegation. Makes you feel great to be a "Green" doesn't it.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Started reading the match comments on pasoti.....four pages of it....I only read the first page.

No organization came across strongly...plus similar utterances with less favourable wording.

It's got to be down to Derek Adams management that such chaos exists....what are they doing during training....it's surely more than just keeping fit surely

Comments about Carey's booking.....seems he came over more like a spoilt kid having a tantrum.

This was literally Adams strongest team minus Conor Grant....players that he has brought in....no excuses there then.

Can we wait until January for changes...and is there any money....and is Adams up to finding better players.....as said on pasoti....don't we miss Sonny Bradley that is a big understatement....why didn't we keep him....plus Oscar Threlkeld as well.....things are looking bleak at the moment.....Fleetwood at home next.

PS.....If you want to sleep well tonight....don't listen to the commentary on GoS...with description of each goal flying in, match reaction, & summary plus Derek's deliberations.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see that Oxford's youth team also scored five against us (5-0) .....and we also lost 2-1 to Mousehole.....a good 24 hours for PAFC...that's 2-12 goal wise, coaching staff are you listening.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm fed up of hearing and reading Adams' comments to be honest. The man just looks for a scapegoat as long as it isn't him and goes from there. They said on the radio that Carey was getting very angry. To be fair to Carey if you are a star player and there is nobody on the pitch to feed with your wizardry then you would get mad wouldn't you. Also add that he himself hasn't looked that clever this season so far either. I have seen glimpses of a team in there somewhere. A few matches they have looked a good side but it is only in a few and that is relegation form in anyone's book. I just have no confidence of a turn around this time and it's bleddy depressing.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I couldn't resist it after a couple or three glasses of wine and looked at the goals. Oh my god do these players ever practice or learn anything? They are shocking and you could not have driven bigger holes in the defence if you were driving a tank. 3 of them looked like deja vous. One over the top looked like a training exercise gone wrong. Grants goal on another day would have been a bobby dazzler. I almost wish I hadn't looked now.

15. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

White or Red Wine. Lol

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I did warn you sensible....you've got to look after your ticker.....the aim is to get to next May in one piece wherever Argyle finish.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Adams commented, " at 3-0 down I felt we could get back into the game.....but at 4-0 down at half-time I felt we needed to shut up shop".

Pardon, shut up shop what would that achieve.....surely you needed to go for it....or otherwise your just accepting defeat.

Luton just played the second half-half....I doubt if it was Argyle getting any better.

Didn't we have success last season with Carey and Lameiras in tandem.....why is one of our best players Lameiras now only getting bit parts when in fact it is Carey who is playing well below par ?

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Hemlock would be very tempting.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Luton's Directors are supposed to have splashed £12million of their own money to get Luton out of the Conference awhile back.

This is something that cannot happen at PAFC....because James Brent didn't bring in Directors with money....he did the opposite on purpose so it seems.

When you look at the majority of Argyles Directors you doubt if they could afford a whip round for a round of drinks.

Luton's approach has also brought along some good selling on situations bring a few £million extra into the clubs coffers....all we get is peanuts and our best players leaving free.....something not quite right there....even Exeter rake in decent money by selling on....why don't our young players get sold on for decent fees ?.....the whole management structure does seem to lack something......especially in the coaching department.....do we bother to teach our players tactics...do we bother to teach our players defensive skills....two 5-1 defeat plus other leaking goal results suggest otherwise.

20. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I have sympathy with Carey. He gets no protection, week in week out, and he boils over from time to time.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE