1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Ipswich

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Sep 23, 2022.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

According to fans forums this is set to be yet another cup final for Argyle. Two in quick succession is amazing. Another hard game in our row of hard games we have had. We have done ok in that run so far so there is no need to be pesimistic for this one either. I think it will be close and my prediction is it will be high scoring as on the prediction thread. We don't really fear anyone so there is no lack of confidence in the squad and no reason not to think we can, if we play to our potential, win this one and keep the record at home going. That will come to an end at some point as all runs do but not necessarily in a game we might expect it to. Another Argyle win for me.

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Galloway banned.....and Finn Azaz on International call.....otherwise we're okay.

ipswich have some injuries.....they had two called up for international duty.....but one of those is out injured instead.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Quite a few tickets still available in blocks 18 and 19: otherwise a sell-out again. Sandwiched between the Zoo Corner and the away fans isn't a place I'd pick for the family to be honest,

Still, it'll be another big crowd and I hope that'll be enough to tip the balance our way.

Good news about Connor Grant (back in training and to take part in a behind-closed-doors game next week) and Mickel Miller (given the all-clear to step up from gym work to running in two weeks time), Get those two back and the squad will have a much better balance.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just need James Bolton fit so that the defence can spread the seasons workload....and last 46 games being not completely knackered.

5. notDistantGreen

His situation doesn't seem too rosy.

we aren't too badly places there: Scarr, Gillesphy, Galloway, Wilson, Lonwijk before you get to the youngsters. CB's don't run about like WB's & midfielders either...

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Argyle have a big juicy carrott dangling in front of them today....a win will put Argyle TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cooper, Wilson, Scarr, Butcher, Edwards, Mayor, Ennis, Mumba, Whittaker, Randell, Lonwijk.

Subs
    Burton, Gillesphey, Houghton, Hardie, Grant, Cosgrove, Jenkins-Davies.

Conor Grant on the bench.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

...............................................................................................Cooper

...........................................Lonwijk........................................Scarr......................................................Wilson

.......Mumba,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Randell...............................................Butcher..............................................Edwards

.......................................................Whittaker........................................................Mayor

.................................................................................................Ennis

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-1...Ladapo...39mins.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-1...H/T.

Still all to play for.

The fate of a returning player scoring....typical.

11. notDistantGreen

Very unlucky to be a goal down. Good football from both sides and decent chances.

Without a shadow of doubt, Morsey should have been sent off for the tackle on Randell for which he got only a yellow.

Goal was a fluke: Scarr blocked Ladapo’s shot from a wide angle but the ball then the ball hit Ladapo again on the shin and it loops over a helpless Cooper into the far side of the goal.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-1...Mumba...69mins.......yes...yes...yes.......here we go....one more and we're top of the league.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-1...Whittaker...75mins.......YES...YES...YES..........TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

FULL TIME......PLYMOUTH ARGYLE...2-1...IPSWICH.....a lovely 3pts....puts us on 22pts......TOP OF THE LEAGUE.

I had predicted a 2-2 draw......I'm so glad my prediction with a joker....didn't give me 6pts.

Came from behind yet again.

15. notDistantGreen

I’m not going to say we deserved that because it was a tight, hard fought game. But that doesn’t matter because we went out there in the second half and took it and they couldn’t stop us.

Ipswich can consider themselves extremely lucky not to have multiple players sent off. Harness could have gone instead of getting a yellow. Morsey should have gone. Edmundson should have got a yellow for flattening Ennis and later was booked. Evans could have gone for either of two tackles. Weak referee again.

16. notDistantGreen

Blank space where the scores used to be

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Why are you hiding the predictions on the match thread notDistant....just getting excited over your 6pt joker i expect.

Ipswich match thread complaining of a homer Referee.....what game were they watching then.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the video....cracking goal from.....Whittaker.

19. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Notdistance..I make my pts...10...Thanks.

20. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Ref was poor..........for both sides at times and he had nothing to do with the final score. The Lyndhurst Lino was once again absent from everything. I don't think he gave any decisions all game.

I was reading on Pasoti about Morsey before the game today and that people were saying he was a thug and wondering which Argyle player he would do this time around. I watched a replay at the Social Club of his assault on Randall. I didn't see it that well at the time but the replay showed it was terrible and was clearly meant. He looked away from the ball, moved his foot away from the ball and went through on Randalls calf with venom. I agree with Notdistant that possibly a couple of others could have walked as well. The pundits on Sky virtualy said as much whilst replaying them.

We got exactly what we deserved which was the win. First half was 50/50 with maybe us creating better chances but them having more possession. Their goal was a joke. I actually thought when it looped up that it was heading for a throw in. How it managed to go in I will never know and Ladapo won't ever know either. Second half we took it to them and they resorted to kicking players. They are not a very nice team although they probably will be up there all season thereabouts. Justice was served thanks to Cooper and his elastic arms once again. If they had got a point out of that it would have been cruel. Make no mistake we are where we are on merit not luck and to have gotten so many points out of this run of games is probably many more than most would have expected me included. We should fear nobody.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022