1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Fleetwood

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Aug 3, 2022.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We are not a dirty side despite the number of fouls today. I commented about the numbers earlier and it didn't get much better. 4 bookings for us? Hmmmm. Without any real knowledge of having seen any of it I would have to say suspect Ref was a bit on the whistle happy side. To lose so late on is a real piss taker isn't it and sort of makes losing worse somehow.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Winner came in the 88th minute today.

Last year they scored later than that TWICE.....in the 89th & 92nd minutes

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just realised that I said in the first post that we won this one last term. Of course we didn't did we it was 3 - 1 to them. I even watched it on son's TV. Doh!! I hate Captain feckin Pugwash even more now.

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

You've still got it wrong sensible......I've already told you that we were WINNING this one 3-1 until the 89 minute in two different threads....then they scored twice in the 89 & 92nd minutes to get a DRAW from nowhere.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the Sky video highlights.

We don't score enough goals.....we can get away with that if our defence do their job well...which they did last season......there equalizer looked too simple....the defence looked poor for that one.

We seem to be depending on Hardie to much.....our mid-field is stronger than last season and should be more of a goal threat.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The Club website says "After a first period of considerable leniency from the referee, Mr Lewis rather harshly dished out three bookings to Argyle in the space of five minutes". That's rather like Mr.Breakspear, one of those very few referees Sensible doesn't like, who had a very good first half last week and then made some terrible decisions towards the end,

I just watched the 2 Minute Highlights on the website (haven't renewed my Argyle TV subscription yet). Both of the two goals conceded yesterday were conceded down our left: failing to pick up a runner on that side for the first and then not blocking the far post after some pinball following a cross from our right. Mumba had gone off to be replaced by Houghton - how did that work then?

Just on a side note: Mumba, Gillesphy and Butcher were the 3 booked in 5 minutes... the three involved in the 1st goal were... answers on a post card....

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think the sun has melted whatever brain I had left. I knew that. I watched it. Doh!!!.