1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Doncaster

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good point for Argyle....there is life after Diagouraga thankfully.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

2nd half in one word: Superb. Deserved all three points. Decent save by their keeper to deny Sarcevic late on. Unbeaten run continues #pafc https://t.co/qz6SC3OUkn

3. notDistantGreen

An entertaining end to an entertaining game, though - Donny had the better of the first half and led 1-0 through Beestin at the break; #pafc bossed the second 45 and deservedly levelled through Eddy's fourth of the season

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Happy with that and we move on. The stats looked a bit bare in the first half but they did improve greatly in the second so it does indeed spell out a half each. Bet Fergie boy is well pee'd off with Argyle and fed up with these results. We do seem to take points off Doncaster.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just read the report in the Herald on the comments of poor little Fergie boy at the end of the match. There was the most blatant foul for a penalty that there has ever been anywhere which was not given at the end of the game. The Argyle goal should not have stood because there was the most blatant foul ever on one of his players before it was put in. Referees should be shot according to him along with the linos. They are not fit enough or good enough for the job.

He's gonna get fined ain't he. All I can say to Mr F is welcome to Argyle's world in the first half of the season. We had crap decisions week in and week out and not one ounce of luck anywhere. Pretty much every team has had **** officials and I for one have criticised them week in and week out. What there hasn't been though is the manager of Argyle crying into his cocoa and bleating about it.

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Coppinger was looking for a decision from the Ref...didn't get one...maybe he should have been booked for assimilation...now that would of got his manager happy.

7. notDistantGreen

Saw it in TV this morning from the single camera deployed by Channel 5. It's not just s**t refs we get but s**t video coverage too!

It's a tangle of legs, could have been given but I don't think there was any intent from Edwards to trip him and Coppinger will have stepped across him to protect the ball and to see if he gets brought down. The latter rules it out as a penalty for me.

Ferguson's not wrong about the standards of officiating in League 1 and 2 of course - and have we suffered from a few of them? But what a cry baby he is, as somebody noted on Twitter:

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I don't think there is any supporter out there of a league one or two club that actually wouldn't agree with Fergie regarding Referees. Linos are even worse. We have all had a pop at the officials in a lot of cases. They are poor and they are sometimes well up their own arse in making poor decisions as well. But, you just cannot express it in the way he did. That is just arrogance on his part. He deserves all he gets and I hope he gets lots. He always has a bleat about losing being unfair and how hard done by his team were. He is just like his old man. His players never do anything wrong it's just everyone else at fault. He should shut up and just let us complain about the officials as it's meant to be.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He even complained about the goal we scored being a foul.

10. notDistantGreen

Now this is MY sort of refereeing.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Couldn't play that unfortunately

12. notDistantGreen

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Managed to get the article to read this time....but still couldn't get video to respond.....I'll try some more.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I read about that last night. That isn't my kind of Ref. He should be sacked and his ref career over. A Ref kicking out is worse than a player doing it. Not only that but he produces a red card for the player after he has done it. It is funny in some ways and in others it just isn't.

16. notDistantGreen

It's the red card that's the craziest thing. You can understand him losing it and kicking out but what's with the card?

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

According to beeb football site the Ref has reviewed the thing and decided there was no deliberate act by the player to bring him down. He has admitted he was wrong to kick out and should not have done it. The card handed out has been rescinded by the French FA and the Ref has been suspended pending an enquiry. Was bound to happen as it is bound to happen that Fergie will get banned or fined or both. Some things you just cannot do or say.

18. notDistantGreen

Unavoidable. Death, taxes and Darren Ferguson going bright red when his team get done by PAFC.

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've been waiting to hear what or how many lashes Fergie is due to get at his public flogging for his comments, He was apparently charged for the comments and was given until Monday 22nd at 1800 hrs to respond. Since that statement on the beeb football site the whole thing has gone deathly quiet. Are they just hoping that nobody notices and they quietly let the whole thing just fade away and nothing happens? Normally when it's a bringing into disrepute charge the person gets hung publicly within 24 hours of the deadline. Seldom is there any reprieve or waiting time. It's now Thursday and they've all gone home again..................what the bleddy hell is going on here.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's another 5 days gone by and still there is nothing regarding the Ferguson charges. You have to conclude from that the FA are going to do FA so it is therefore apparently ok to shoot a match official in football. They managed to punish a player for spitting (yes it's most unpleasant but not going to kill anyone) in 24 hours yet threats to kill or incitement to kill are not worthy of a punishment at all. I cannot believe they aren't hanging him out.