1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Coventry

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 17, 2019.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I feel the need to comment on half time entertainment.

I'd like to think I'm a semi civilised sort of person. I'm interested in current affairs, politics and science and technology. I read the proper newpapers, I enjoy a good book and shun reality TV, soaps and celebrity culture.

Having said that, the best half time entertainment I've seen at Home Park were the 2 blokes in sumo suits running at each other and bouncing off each other. Not exactly highbrow but I'd pay to see that on its own.

Until yesterday. I didn't catch who they were but who were those kids? Weren't they brilliant? And beautiful (In a good way).

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They are called the African Children's Choir notdistant and I have to say that it was probably the most listened to half time entertainment I have seen for a long time. Must admit I did think here we go again with a naff lot of kids doing stuff. However, when they struck up and sang with the movement as well it was really good and I was surprised how good. They are apparently in the Plymouth Methodist Hall on the 23rd January which is the one opposite Drake Circus Shoping Mall. Think you might have to buy tickets for that one though. I certainly didn't mind chucking a couple of quid in the bucket when it came around.

3. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Well done Mr. S.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Ladapo and Lameiras are now on 10 goals each.....just need Carey to start scoring now and we could start climbing into mid-table.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

He is trying so hard to score it hurts plym. I think if he just tried a little less he might start chipping in. But, as long as one of them is doing the business then it doesn't matter to us watchers. They need each other on the pitch so it's not like Carey isn't contributing. You can see his frustration though.

6. notDistantGreen

Do you remember the sumo suits though? Long time ago.....

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Talking about sumo suits....a few years back my son hired a couple for our family get together on his birthday....it was hilarious....especially when a couple of pre-teens had a go....and disappeared inside and also when they were on adult shoulders inside as well.....no I didn't have a go.

8. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

They are also doing two performances at the China Fleet Club and have been in the country since late November- our new Chairman invited them to perform and HP and as many have said they were one of the best HT entertainments for a long time . They rather liked (or at least said they did) the pasties we fed them afterwards. One of my favorites was a pantomime cow running across the pitch while random supporters tried to hit it with a football from the penalty area. No idea how long ago that was but some considerable time - think it was attempting to advertise a local dairy/ice cream..

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

They were also around this area a year or so back.

A pantomime cow ?.....any udder ideas.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I do remember the sumo suits. Can't actually remember when it was though. You would have loved It's a Knockout from years ago on the tele if you liked that.

11. notDistantGreen

I laughed like a drain.

12. notDistantGreen

Finally managed to see the highlights and Sensible's comments about the ref look spot on.

• Carey did look to be brought down for a penalty just before half time.
    • It did look like a corner to Argyle not a goal kick just before Coventry went up to the other end and scored.
    • Smith-Brown's tackle which conceded the free kick and got him booked actually saw him get to the ball first.
    You can also see it's David Fox who's at the extreme right of the wall defending that free-kick from the Argyle viewpoint. Graham Carey tries to pull him tighter to the end of the wall but Fox sees a Coventry player leave the ball to Chaplin. Fox leaves the wall and goes to the penalty spot to pick that player up and Chaplin bends the ball into the net though the space where Fox should have been. If you are in the wall you have to stay there!!

13. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Agree Not distant, you dont take a block or brick out of the house wall, as things will get through.That is wha tall walls are for, apart from The Trump wall :emoticon-0101-sadsm

14. notDistantGreen

Which will actually be a fence! If it gets built.