1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Burton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 27, 2018.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Good but not enough....

That draw may be the only point I get in the Forecasting League.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see there was a 24 second interview from Adams at the end of the game. Normally you would think a manager might know they were heading for the door when that sort of thing happens but in this case I still doubt it very much. Yes there was an improved performance from the players today or maybe more realistic to say less errors at the back. However, it is not good enough and Adams has had more than enough chances to get things right and hasn't done so. If he was a hospital he would have been put into Administration by now. The biggest fear is he will be let loose with the rest of the coffers in the January sales and he will feck it up all over again and then leave with yet another bill for his wages we then cannot afford

3. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

A very entertaining game it was, sure kept me awake.
    Adams put out the best team he thought could win it.
    As usual Argyle had so many chances to score.
    A draw was a fair result but not good enough for the Greens.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm sure it was BC. The stats say it was fairly end to end and not all one way either. But, it's results we need now and the performance is only a good thing if it comes with the right one. If it doesn't then it means nothing. Trouble is if the players do put in a solid performance it sort of gives Adams yet a bit more breathing space. Gives him the excuse again to say "we should have won that one". It is almost as if Argyle have to lose a few more before it becomes a total necessity come what may to get rid. I hoped I would never be in a situation where I almost wanted another kicking for the team. Sadly though I'm geting there. Adams is never going to walk. He is not the sort of person who doubts himself but only anyone else if things are going badly. He will have to be shoved out the door and I still can't see Hallet doing that given the compo side of things. The time for closing ones eyes and just hoping though has gone.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Make of it what you will, but several Burton fans came onto the #PAFC feed to say how well Argyle played in 2nd half, possibly deserved to win, don't look a bottom 3 side etc etc.

Only results count but I've never seen that sort of opposition comment.

This correspondence compares starkly with the yob end of the Argyle comment. How many of those were there is unclear.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I accept we have been unlucky in some matches and maybe this was one of them according to reports. I wasn't there so I am talking in general terms about Adams rather than the performance. He has had overly long to sort out the results side of things. Many matches we have been totally rubbish and have looked like a pub team rather than a league one team. Opposition supporters have stated that so it balances itself out. I'm not going to be one who stands on the sidelines and shouts obscenities at Adams but I am also not going to give him any praise either or my support. He has cocked up big time with his signings and arrogant attitude. He needs to take a long hard look at himself never mind the rest of it. You cannot as a leader go on blaming everyone and everything else for your failure. I got a huge chuck up when I was in Gib and an Office Manager for the efficiency of my office during an Inspection. I told my staff that I was only as good as the weakest link in the place and obviously my chuck up was their success as much as mine. Had I got a blast rather than a chuck up I would have taken that on the chin because as the one in charge and responsible I should spot weak links and do something about it. Adams would never do either of those. The yob element are right in their protest even if they are wrong in the manner they express it. They are after all customers the same as everyone else and entitles to have an opinion. They may not be as eloquent as you notdistant is all.