1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Bradford

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 22, 2018.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Let us not forget that the Bradford right back Lance Percival threw himself to the ground down at the corner flag between the Barn Park End and the Lyndhurst in an attempt to get out of a tricky situation. He should have been booked for it, totally pathetic. Unlike the Bradley incident, there was no doubt at all that that was cheating!!

Ooops Correction, No 29 McMahon, not 22 Knight-Percival.

Definite elbow on Bradley anyway, even if it was exaggerated a bit.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

They were fouling all afternoon and the Ref did nothing much about any of it. He let a few go the other way as well but generally Taylor for example was pulled and pushed in all directions. Bradley was elbowed but I agree he did make sure everyone on the planet knew it. However, the main thing is it was not a dive and the player who did the dirty deed did deserve to walk. Notdistant has already pointed out what a dive was on saturday so no need to repeat. I thought Bradford were a very physical side and if there had been a different Ref on the day then they would have had a shed load of bookings or they would have learned they had to calm it. When the Ref did little then it was licence to continue.

3. notDistantGreen

Wyke has thrown an elbow - a definite motion of the arm towards Bradley. A cheekbone or an eye socket can easily be broken like that. Careers have been ended by smashed eye sockets so I have no sympathy for him at all. I don't like play acting but I like deliberate and dangerous violence even less.

4. notDistantGreen

My MoM BTW was Fox, again. As someone said on Twitter, when you are having a bad day, just remember somebody at Crewe Alexandra let David Fox's contract expire.......

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Glad they did Not Distant , now we have the Fox

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I hadn't thought much about a MOM for Saturday to be honest. Thought the performance overall was a bit down on normal so was not really a MOM game. If pushed I thought Vyner and Ness had decent games and Sawyer did well considering who he was marking. Carey was a bit quiet for him but I'd have to say nobody stood out head and shoulders and nobody was terrible either.

7. EastneyPFC

EastneyPFC Well-Known Member

Fair play to you guys - you are on an incredible run......and credit to your board for not rushing to sack your boss when it was very rocky. We've fallen off the wagon a bit but been very unlucky with injuries, 8 players out, at least 5 of whom would be probable starters. Was always gonna be happy with top half and now think that will be a real achievement .

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Trouble is Eastney all bubbles burst eventually. As Argyle supporters we are programmed to believe our's is bound to go pop. I did put a post on your board about Pompey not being consistent and bugger me they went and lost to Blackpool. In some ways I think this league is the same as league 2 in that you never know who is going to win what and when. Apart from Wigan and Blackburn that is. Not sure Shrewsbury will keep it up till the bitter end although they just might shock the other two. We started the season with injuries and red cards all over the place so been there and done that with the squad. Maybe it was good to get it out of the way at the start and then have a decent run where the luck turned. Think Pompey will be top half though at least.