1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Blackpool

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Sep 8, 2020.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That was indeed hard fought and if I were Blackpool management I would think they were a bit hard done by. In truth we were under the cosh a lot of the time but despite their number of chances I should also say that most of the time it never looked like they would score. That seems at face value a bit of a contradiction but you would have to watch the 90 minutes to know what I meant. I don't agree that Lowe would have thrown in a towel as it wasn't as one sided as the stats look.

My MOM would be Aimson who did very well at the back. Second to him would have to be Cooper (keeper) who pulled off several very good saves. After that Mayor who once he started to take on players looked well better than most on the pitch. One or two not so brilliant performances but altogether as a unit they did play for each other. Wasn't too convinced by Nouble today. He took an age to get involved in the game. But, early days for them all. They will not play teams as good as Blackpool every week. Blackpool will probably win more than they lose.

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

How odd, I agree!!

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The Customer is always right lyndie.......................

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Followed it on BBC text and seemed to have backs to wall a lot of times no? Is ifollow any good as people had big problems again yesterday and probably even worse for us overseas.
    Hard fought 3 pts but at least we held on!

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi hp....hows life these days in the Med.....notDistant and sensible probably both saw it on ifollow.....but as you have noticed there's lots of complaints on pasoti about quality of picture and sound...plus some not getting it at all....or even giving up and turning it off.

Like you I followed it on the BBC text....both on the internet and on the telly.....plus checking comments on Argyle websites as well....so I expect that is second best....but I wouldn't want to pay £10 and get an inferior product online....having sampled some of the friendly freebies we were offered online...using one camera and no commentary to go with it....I'll stick with the BBC text.

6. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Hi Plym, Hi everyone! Hope all is well!
    Been doing ok here in Malta, missus never made it from Canada this year because of covid19 so the lads been taken care of me down below :emoticon-0167-beer: lol.
    Bars and restaurants took a loss here this year but not so bad where I live as not a big tourist town.
    Is it correct ifollow subscriptions go direct to the club? Wouldn't mind paying but as so many complaints now surely they will correct it. It is 2020 after all!
    Just watched highlights and seemed sloppy in midfield but it is the first game of season. Cooper made some excellent saves but doesn't need good write ups too often as word gets around. COYG!

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The iFollow coverage yesterday was OK, apart from two short spells when for some reason the audio commentary was doubled up for some mysterious reason. The single camera is a limitation: for the life of me I can't see why 3 extra cameramen would cause a virus risk, provided they were sited away from the touchline. Believe me Plym, it's well worth the £10 compared to following the text commentary.

Unusually, we're all agreed. A battling team performance and although the stats appear to be in Blackpool's favour, actually I think we looked the more dangerous side when we did get the ball forward. I do like Jephcott and his header for the goal was a wicked, cunning, nasty little piece of work. That's what he does, he scores strikers' goals from close in. However, if it had been Ryan Hardie who got the chance just after the goal when Jephcott was put through but fluffed his lines, I'd have put another £10 on Hardie slotting it into the far corner. That's what he does. We have a good mix.

8. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Wimbledon will be a good test but if we end up with all three points will be thrilled to bits. Still can't shake off that playoff final <doh> COYG!

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  9. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes....I remember it well....not a good journey home....and that was only to NW Kent.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I watched it on iFollow and it was absolutely fine apart from as notdistant said the double commentary for a very short time. Not Sky standard but very watchable for the money. I believe the club do get the proceeds hp.