1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Blackpool

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The most we can possibly do is bring in one/two free agents, Adams has been frustrated there, he has targeted players but hasn't got any of them.
    Maybe a four leaf clover should be on his list. We have had three wicked deflections to go behind already this season all early on...plus three red cards in the last three home games,
    In the cold light of day it seems that we are not getting the rub of the green with Refs, our players get booked, their player doesn't. that's how it feels.
    Sarcevic I believe will be available for Bury on Saturday, meaning four first choice players will still be out for various reasons, Songo'o looked in trouble at the end of the game and needed helping off by the trainer....If anyone has got a four leaf clover, could they lend it to Derek Adams for awhile.
    I hope the team have the same belief as Lyndy is showing at the moment, we are second from bottom at the moment but a couple of wins would see us going up the league quickly, only a few point from being half-way up.
    Did Adams bring Lameiras and Ainsworth to the club just to warm the bench, surely not. With Carey out you would have thought Lameiras would have definitely played last night, but he didn't come off the bench when we were desperate for someone in midfield to take control, I don't understand that at all, Miller is having a poor start to the season, is Div 1 too much for him, with Threlkeld out injured we have no other cover.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I've only been once so far this season for the first home game. Oddly for me, it's turned out to be to see our only victory so far against a Charlton side who are now 3rd after 7 games. I usually see every defeat even when we get promoted. It was a thoroughly good and even game between what looked like two decent sides - and I mean decent in both the football and moral senses. It came after a first day away defeat at Peterborough, now 2nd. At that stage you would never have thought we'd have ended up where we are now.

I don't want to be a doomsayer. Bad luck, bad refereeing and opposition cheating have played their parts. I do think though that it's not too early for the chairman, the CEO, the manager and the players to variously sit down and reboot the season. This is of course unless it's already happened

The chairman, CEO and manager need to discuss the disciplinary situation. Brent has said that the only time he'd interfere in transfer dealing is when there are "reputational" issues. That's no different to the stream of red cards, merited or not, which will end up with the club facing sanctions from the FA at the current rate. It's obviously also badly affecting results. Secondly, no matter what is said in public, they need to look at the squad. To me, we are generously provided for numerically in goalkeepers, centre backs and midfield/wide attack players. We are short in the full back positions and in central strikers, at least until Taylor is fit. Obviously we can only address that by signing free agents but a couple of players on 12 month contracts aren't going to bankrupt the club.

The manager and players need a heart to heart on discipline - and I don't subscribe to the "we need to cheat too" theory - and on tactics and performance. I don't imagine Adams is a particularly democratic manager and neither should he be, but the wise man listens before acting.

I'm sure insiders will say that this happens in routine processes but I do think the situation is bad enough to necessitate calling a halt and clearing the air.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Couldn't help but notice that Rochdale beat Doncaster last night by scoring in the 92nd and 94th minutes to win 2-1....good job Doncaster didn't have a 6 hr journey back home last night.