1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Blackburn

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 1, 2018.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thought it was very watchable even without goal mouth stuff every minute. Not sure where the performance from 'sarcevic came from because I haven't seen that before. It was like he was on speed or something. If he keeps that up till the end of the season I would be a happy bunny. The guy from Bristol City is so composed for a young man. I doubt we will sign him permanently though. Clearly has a future.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Oh, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I thought Vyner was fantastic.... a moment in the first half when, carrying the ball towards his own goal line, he calmly dropped a shoulder on the chasing Blackburn attacker, sent him the wrong way and cleared up field. That's poise. Curtis Nelson Mark 2.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

It's a bit difficult not to enjoy the performances currently isn't it. Even the loss against Wigan was a good performance and enjoyable to watch without the right result at the end. Thing is the change of performance standard seems to be sudden. The last 5 matches I have watched the performances have been very good overall. Where did this suddenly come from because although we were getting results before it was hardly great stuff to watch. The one and only change I can think of to have made that difference is Lameiras. When we had both him and Carey on the pitch at the same time it just seemed impossible we hadn't done it before. Some of the other players have responded to that and bingo we have the new all sparkling Argyle. I just hope Adams doesn't revert to type again this season.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now if they go and beat Shrewsbury next week we'll all be doing....:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance...:emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer::emoticon-0167-beer:.....<applause><applause><applause><applause><applause>.

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Been watching ...match day moments....for the Blackburn match....what a powerful strike by Lameiras for the first goal...how unearth did he hit it that hard...people where saying that he looked a little light weight....where did that come from....the goalie hardly saw it.

6. notDistantGreen

He worked hard chasing back on Saturday too.....

After all the talk of Adams only having one tactical plan, he's done something different since Taylor came back, a 4:3:3 with Carey and Lameiras in the wide positions. If you notice, they swap over from time to time, which means also a switch between going down the outside and cutting inside the full back. Whatever it is, it's working at the moment!

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

In truth he is a bit lightweight in the true sense of weight rather than ability. He is quite easily eased off the ball at times and looks small next to some of the defenders. But, even Messi looks small against Lameiras so it can't be that bad to be a tad tiny. He did fair lash the leather and it did fair fly into the net. I'm not sure anyone was expecting to happen either. Cracking goal.

8. notDistantGreen

There's a guy who posts on Twitter as "D is for Derek" a spoof account in which Derek Adams' after-match text exchanges are revealed. This is what our Derek is supposed to have said to Darren Ferguson after the the Doncaster away match.

upload_2018-2-5_16-9-4.png

and this regarding Reuben Lameiras
    please log in to view this image

This the latest one:

upload_2018-2-5_16-12-33.png

sensiblegreeny likes this.
  9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

That's funny.

10. notDistantGreen

Following Chelsea's defeat last night, D is for Derek got a late night message.

IMG_20180206_083215.jpg

Last one I promise.