1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Barnsley

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's probably still throwing bricks at the changing room.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Scunthorpe are at home to Bradford next Saturday.....so that's us stuffed then.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

In the Sound more likely....................

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Being 3-0 down at half-time demanded Adams to make changes...just to try something different.

To continue until the 80th minute without even remotely having a plan 'B' seemed to suggest that Adams was in the end playing for a 3-0 result.

Ok a few suggestions that Barnsley were the best team seen at Home Park this season.....but at three nil down surely you try something different...just in case a new face or two might spark something off....I assume Barnsley in the end were coasting and could have scored more....although bringing on your star striker Kieffer Moore in the second half might of suggested otherwise....probably just giving him a little run out to keep him up to speed for more important matches.

Adams you feel has run his course....no new ideas....no reliable defence...no midfield power....Carey and Lameiras seemingly snuffed out and some say not too interested at times...was that so ?......sensible was there maybe when he gets home he will be able to gives us his viewpoint.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

First thing first. I was at the abandoned game and it was indeed 0 - 4 after about 20 minutes, The heavens had opened and god in his infinite wisdom decided that it would be abandoned or changed to water polo. I have never ever been that wet in all of my life without taking a bath. The replay which I also attended was indeed 0 - 0 and boy were Barnsley pee'd off. I did chuckle a wee bit.

On to today. We were beaten by a far superior side and the score could have been a lot worse if not for MOM Leatheren. We looked like we had raised the white flag virtually from kick off. I have no complaints about the scoreline in the end. Barnsley are by far and away the best side I have seen at Home Park this season.

Having said that above, I have to raise the subject of the officials once again. This shower were also by far and away the worst bunch i have witnessed in any match on any occasion. Their second goal was at least a yard offside if not more. It was blatant and the lino was at least 2 yards behind that. Their 3rd was from a free kick. The kick was given for a handball where the ball jumped up at hit Lamerias on the hand. No doubt it did but there was no intent in any of it and it had happened the other way around not 2 minutes before at the other end of the pitch. The Ref waived the first one away but gave the identical incident for them. He moved the wall back way over 10 yards and might as well have given their man an open goal for their third.

This Referee gave us almost nothing all game yet gave them every decision he possibly could. I would have to say the man was so biased it was embarrassing. We have had some bad officials this term but god help us if we ever get this crew again. Tailor was fouled so many times yet he challenged once for the ball and was given against. I did joke that the man's name was Barnie Slea at one point but that was only to stop myself weeping. I am not saying we would have won the game or anything close to that but it does not help that it was so loaded against. These Referees should be held to account way more than they are. The really funny thing is that by the time the second half came around he virtually gave up even blowing his whistle at all. It isn't a wonder our player's heads went down and they looked like they had given up in the second half.

I fear for the next 2 games I really do.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

26 pages of condemnation of Derek Adams on pasoti this evening.....there doesn't seem to be anyway he can alter his approach to games or the high turnover of players each summer that he has....plus giving the rest of the league a 5 month start....and now we've spluttered to a stand still....and can't buy a point at present.

7. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

How we gave Rochdale such a hammering is beyond me and certain relegation candidates but see where they are now!

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the video.....no marking on two of the goal scorers...too easy.