1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Value for Money.

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Busby 's Babe, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

Are people still slating Sir Alex for saying there is no vale for money out there?

Torres £48m
    Carrol £35m
    Rossi £30m

None of those players are worth those prices!

2. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

1. Torres is. World class striker and his shirt sales will be astrinomical.
    2. Van Der Vaart, ozil, Villa etc all did represent value.

There is value, you have to look for it. Of course players are over priced, they always have been, some are some are not.

3. Busby 's Babe

Busby 's Babe Active Member

With Torres' recent injury problems he isn't worth £48m

4. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

Stretty I am happy we bought no one this window as it would have been a waste of money. You have to congratulate our manager. Torres has not been world class for a while now so this myth must stop. We have a very good chance this season with out current squad. Valencia is returning as well for us and I feel Utd and Arsenal have done the right thing and stepped back from the transfer craze. I really hope Rooney can show his form again and show why he is a quality player.

5. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

Only missed one league game this year. Defiantley worth it.

6. Jason Hudson

Jason Hudson Member

All of it is down to the selling club as well. Newcastle didn't have to sell Carroll for financial reasons, the only way someone was going to sign him (because he is worth £15m at least, based on his performances this season and his potential) was to make an offer that was double or more than double his value. Liverpool must have seen Carroll as a good (not like for like) replacement for Torres and I would have liked to see him play for United, but never for that price!

With Villa, the only reason I can see why he was sold for so little compared with Torres was because Valencia didn't really have much choice. They couldn't really afford to hold out for £50m+ when the (I think) £34m from Barcelona came in.

7. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

Stretty who do you advice we sign in the summer and what is your limit on one player?

8. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

1. Torres is a world class player, a bit of **** form when he didnt wanna be at the club means nothing.
    2. You said about 10 mins ago rooney is ****. Make you mind up.

9. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

A lot depends on how on how clubs perform for the rest of the year and how things go in terms of where teams finish. No such thing as a limit for me, if its the right player you pay the fee required. We need about 3 cm's Imo. 2 top quality one's and a better back up. And a pure left winger as nani is not the answer for the left.

10. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

Stretty

THREE CMs? Do you not reckon that's over-egging the pudding a bit?

11. TheStrettyEnd

TheStrettyEnd Member

Hargreaves, Scholes most probaly look to be on their way out.

Gibson needs to be sold. There is much better out there than carrick so could be replaced aswell.

Thats four wright there. Two of those have gotta be definate for me, gibson (not good enough) and Hargreaves (Broken)

Ando's not getting game after game aswell. So I see big cahnges in the middle of the park in the summer.

12. nolhman123

nolhman123 New Member

stretty No you sign a player based on their value , simple as. Nani is our best winger so he starts and Scholes will get another deal. Gibson is likely to be sold and Hargreaves released and Obertan sold or loaned. 1 top centre mid along with a young talented centre mid and a goal keeper and a left winger is what we will need.

13. Jip Jaap Stam

Jip Jaap Stam General Chat Moderator
    Staff Member

nohlman, it works both ways. Sometimes you have to pay above a player's value to get him, if he is on a long contract for example, or his club really don't want to sell. But sometimes you can pay less than a player's value, if the selling club are in financial difficulties (eg Rangers selling Kenny Millar) or the player is unknown (eg Hernandez when he joined us), or the player really wants to leave (van Nistelrooy left us for about half his value), or if a player's contract is closer to expiry